PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Sports And Racing (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Your favorite type of racing? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8299)

Drafter-T Jan 16th, 2005 10:20 PM

Your favorite type of racing?

Mine is NASCAR, first and foremost. I know they mostly just drive in circles, but there is just something about 43 cars on a track, running at unbelievable speeds, just inches from each other. That's my favorite type of racing to watch.

But, my favorite type of racing on the PS2 has got to be road course racing. GT3 was an awesome game and now TOCA 2 pretty much owns, at least until GT4 comes out. I find myself looking more and more to the road course type of games because they are so much more fun to play from a video game standpoint.

I'm not closed minded to any type of racing. I watch F-1, Rally, Touring Cars... just about anything they show on Speed channel. But even though NASCAR is my favorite to watch, I prefer to race on the road courses when I play video games.

How about you guys? One of the great things about racing to me, is there are so many forms of it. It blows my mind when people say "NASCAR is not real racing" or "real racers make right turns", lol. Racing is racing and there's a whole lot of variety that can please all of us, IMO.

FATT47 Jan 17th, 2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drafter-T
Mine is NASCAR, first and foremost. I know they mostly just drive in circles, but there is just something about 43 cars on a track, running at unbelievable speeds, just inches from each other. That's my favorite type of racing to watch.

But, my favorite type of racing on the PS2 has got to be road course racing. GT3 was an awesome game and now TOCA 2 pretty much owns, at least until GT4 comes out. I find myself looking more and more to the road course type of games because they are so much more fun to play from a video game standpoint.

I'm not closed minded to any type of racing. I watch F-1, Rally, Touring Cars... just about anything they show on Speed channel. But even though NASCAR is my favorite to watch, I prefer to race on the road courses when I play video games.

How about you guys? One of the great things about racing to me, is there are so many forms of it. It blows my mind when people say "NASCAR is not real racing" or "real racers make right turns", lol. Racing is racing and there's a whole lot of variety that can please all of us, IMO.

I play NASCAR games but mostly when I don't have any road racin games to occupy my time.
NASCAR 2004 was very enjoyable, but the 2005 version really turned me off and especially to EA games.
They just seem to be goin in an arcade mode and that aint for personally for me.

You're right, racin is racin, any kind of racin is fun to watch from radio control cars to go karts to the big boys, it's all good and the more types of racin games they can create the happier I'll be. :happy: