PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Command & Conquer Generals (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=2769)

Neo_Soldier28 Aug 3rd, 2002 09:21 PM

Command & Conquer Generals

Well Westwood is coming out with an old style game called Command & Conquer Generals. From what i can tell this pc game is gonna rock its all 3d up close not that over the top view this one has a side view and allowing 3d textures. With a completly new plot of USA, China and some terrorist radical group are your choices. From what i have read this is a game that is worth checking out. Do you think this game will suceed or fail?

MakgSnake Aug 12th, 2002 11:41 PM

CCCCC

I Think The GAME Will Rock....... C And C Is The Only Strategy Game I Liked.......... And WestWood Is Amazing At It.

RedAlert IMO Happens To Be The Best Strategy Game. So "Generals"......Would Be Amazing Too........I'll Check It out For SURE!!!!! I Just Know It!

kupoartist Aug 13th, 2002 12:56 PM

It always seemed weird that westwood didn't snap up 3D too early anyway... I think this game has a lot of potential, but i haven't seen Westwood put out a real classic since Red Alert 1 (2 though good, was just a way to milk the cash-cow). Its nice to see that they're not using the NOD/GDI sides (yawn), but I sure hope they do away with those ridiculous B-Movie style FMVs. Even if they have James Earl Jones they're gonna have that terrible bald guy that seems to "act" in every single one ^_^

RichHo Aug 20th, 2002 10:44 AM

i believ the best ever C&C will always be the original on the PS1 and Saturn......it was such a new concept and the novelty value was immense! it was something truely new and unseen, and i love to play the originial wenever i get the chance.

Silent Assassin Jan 29th, 2003 11:14 AM

This game cant fail..it looks tight and all the graphics look good..and it seems to have a good game plan.

dan da man Jan 31st, 2003 05:23 PM

Well, i own every single command and comquer, so i will add this one to my collection, I luv C&C games, Playing online is the BEST! and a ps1 link up on red alert and retaliation. so many fond memoires.:)

Vic Viper Feb 8th, 2003 05:35 AM

ign gave the game a 9.3 :)

https://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/22133.asp

btw, joe kukan (was that the bald guy's[kain] name ?forogot:P) r0x0rz !!! :laugh:

will that tanya chick have a roll on this game too ??:roll:

Beretta55 Feb 8th, 2003 09:26 PM

I love the commander&conquer game's. infact they are the only game's i mostly have on pc. i just dont understand why they cant port this to ps2,xbox or GC. i hate playing game's on pc....just dosent feel right. the only game we got on a system which was 64 was the first command&conquer. then some one's i didnt like on psone. give us a decent command&conquer game on a next gen system!

Nelo Angelo Feb 8th, 2003 10:16 PM

C&C games are ok.

They lost some flavor over the years.

But hopefully Generals will bring some flavor back to the series.

dan da man Feb 11th, 2003 06:45 PM

When the game come out, does anyone wanna team up with me and play online?

-ThinK-Radio Feb 24th, 2003 09:43 PM

Well i have purchased the game and it is everything i hoped and wanted. I would suggest everyone get it if their computer can handle it.

dan da man Feb 25th, 2003 08:35 AM

Im think ing of getting the game in the next 2 days, how good is it offline and online?<<<<<super thanks in adance!

-ThinK-Radio Feb 26th, 2003 03:13 PM

It is excellent for both I suggest getting it A.S.A.P.

Beretta55 Mar 15th, 2003 01:05 AM

I finally got it to install correctly today. so far it's pretty far psssssssssssst.....go with china they have more peopleXD but yeah im glad i got it. but the nod and gdi stuff was pretty cool but i like this better. anyway im probally going to play some more later.

Nelo Angelo Mar 15th, 2003 03:44 PM

I prefer America.

But China is pretty good though.

BlackThornn Mar 17th, 2003 07:07 PM

I got this a few days ago along with my radeon 9700 pro. After a while of getting it to run correctly I was impressed with the graphics and the way you can sit back and wow at all the purdy explosions.. but found the gameplay pretty much lacking.

With the emphasis I'd seen on infantry abilities like the Red Army's numbers bonus and all the abilities of Army Rangers and the GLA's foot soldiers I was thinking this game would be in multiplayer at least a ghost of it's building-by-building fighting as in the Single Player campaigns. Eh, I guess you can't control the habits of tank obsessed human players. *shrugs* Doesn't help that there is only one official multiplayer city map, but hey.

Besides that, another thing that severely annoyed me is THE PATHFINDING. It sucks, period. Tank armies mull around with themselves rather than going to the rally point you've selected, if you have more than one kind of unit selected to move through an area even infinitely large there are going to be half the faster units hanging behind stuck behind slow infantry, one tank in the middle, and the rest stuck behind the infantry with everyone else. Makes for very frustrating base assaults. In addition I've seen my chinook copters circling the supply base up to five times before finally landing with the meager 600 supply payload.. this should be fixed, 'cause when somebody is being assaulted with a massive overpowered chinese tank rush you need the money quick, even if only to save some dignity by killing a few tanks.

Also.. IMO, the chinese are overpowered in general.. there is little to nothing that will stop even just fifteen chinese tanks with horde bonus, the flame tank kills everything just too quickly, especially garrisoned buildings.. and thier base defenses are about ten times more effective than the other side's, making thier bases extremely costly to assault save by a massive specialty player assault with one players' aurora bombers taking out the defenses and copters worrying the garrisons, another's tanks riding in to clean up and take out buildings, etc.

..And the GLA sucks. Nobody I've met uses them effectively, mainly 'cause they suck. ....though they're strangely deadly in the hands of a computer opponent.. stupid terrorists and scud storms..

Pretty good game despite all this though. I've primarily shifted back to skirmish mode though. :D

Uchiha Sasuke Mar 19th, 2003 05:01 PM

Too bad you had troubles with some of those teams black.I find that all the teams are extremely balanced.Chinese can be over-welming but they are no means unstoppable.I found multiple ways to beat that team.Also the GLA can be very deadly in some matches.They don't need power to run and everything is dirt cheap.Everything depends on what type of playing style you have.

mark0™ Apr 4th, 2003 10:00 AM

Bought It Last night, currently downloading a patch for it... Gonna try multiplayer on my crapy 56gay (k) :(

Im rather fond of the GLA, although I aint played the game too much im on mission 4 with them. USA are too easy to play with IMO.

Beretta55 Apr 8th, 2003 06:25 AM

The mssion's for this game get's hard after awhile. So im stuck playing alot of skrimishes.
I really like useing the GLA. one is because they really dont need power and i hate building power plant's. 2 they have really cool Vechile's. the rocket buggy win's me over. i love going into base's with scorpin and technical's destorying the whole damn base. But china is way too over-powered IMO. they can make money like none other just get like 10 or 15 hacker's and your made in the money. those dragon tank's kill my men in building's all the time. plus that damn overlord tank get's on my nerve's. they can also make million's of men pretty quickly. i hate facing 60 red guard's with 3 lowsy tech's.
but they need more 8 and 6 player map's i play those the most. maybe when i get world builder downloaded i will make a wonderful map. but for now on to the battle feild with GLA:D