PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cowboy Bebop movie? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5298)

Socom Jan 29th, 2003 08:17 PM

Cowboy Bebop movie?

I heard theres a Cowboy Bebop movie. If this is true does anyone know when It'll come out in Australia?

Suzuki_Fanboy Jan 29th, 2003 08:27 PM

It's called "Knocking on Heaven's Door." I don't even think it's out in America yet (officially), so that would mean it will be a while before it's in Australia. I'm not sure about that, though.

Cannibal Clown Jan 29th, 2003 10:01 PM

Well, i have no real solid evidence, but i think that the movie might be in america some time around april. There seems to be a lot of Bebop crap concvernig the movie in april, so perhaps that's when it'll be released. I was reading an article about the movie in New-Type usa today, and didn't see anything for release dates, so i can't really help you. Sorry.

synicalgohan91 Feb 11th, 2003 07:22 AM

Cowboy bebop

if ur talking about all the sessions from the show i have all of them on a DVD that i had purchased. If there is a movie movie coming out i can't wait to see it

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2003 02:03 AM

I had just finished reading "Entertainment Weekly" and they said the Cowboy Bebop movie will be debuting in US theaters (not going straight to DVD) in the Spring, maybe April like CC said. I'm sure that the movie will be shown only in select cities and small theaters though, so it definitely won't be coming to my town. :P

Beretta55 Feb 12th, 2003 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I had just finished reading "Entertainment Weekly" and they said the Cowboy Bebop movie will be debuting in US theaters (not going straight to DVD) in the Spring, maybe April like CC said. I'm sure that the movie will be shown only in select cities and small theaters though, so it definitely won't be coming to my town. :P
Ohhhhhh really!? yes! i alway's wanted to see the movie. i must see it! must see it now! muahahahahaha!:laugh:

ssjtrunks13 Feb 12th, 2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

I'm sure that the movie will be shown only in select cities and small theaters though, so it definitely won't be coming to my town. :P
You and me both, Meryl, you and me both.;)

Cannibal Clown Feb 12th, 2003 04:39 PM

I'm in the same boat as meryl, stuck in a small town, where we don't get anime on the big screen. the movie is awesome, but having to watch it on my computer screen just isn't enough. So when it comes out on DVD, oh, it'll be a great day, historical moment to be written down in the book of CC.

mark0™ Feb 12th, 2003 05:15 PM

Scotland probably isnt on the list, but I'd rather get the DVD anyways, after I watch the rest of the series.

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2003 07:02 PM

Oh! Oh! More news! I just read that it's going to be released in theaters on March 28 by Columbia Tristar! :shock: So...doesn't that mean that it'll be in all major theaters? :confused: If so, then hooray! :D

MakgSnake Feb 12th, 2003 08:08 PM

Its a great movie, I really enjoyed it.........why dont you download it from Kazaa, thats what I did.... the DVD version. Well after watching it a couple of times I deleted it later.

I have no clue of the official North America release, so Australia would be totally out of the question for me. Sorry.

merylsilverburg Feb 12th, 2003 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MakgSnake

Its a great movie, I really enjoyed it.........why dont you download it from Kazaa, thats what I did.... the DVD version. Well after watching it a couple of times I deleted it later.
Oh, I wish I could...but my computer is really slow and all (I'm not good with computers, so I don't know the proper "terms" :right: ). I'm not sure that Kazaa would work for me. :(

Quote:

I have no clue of the official North America release, so Australia would be totally out of the question for me. Sorry.
I don't know about Australia or UK releases either. I only know the US's release is March 28. I'll try to help look for some info...if I find anything, I'll post here. :)

Suzuki_Fanboy Feb 13th, 2003 03:52 PM

If it comes to a theater in my wee town, I'll piss my pants. But hey, I can hope...

If it does, I'm going on the first day...it shall ownz0r j00.

ssjtrunks13 Feb 13th, 2003 05:40 PM

I sure hope it's released in all major theaters because I haven't seen anime on the big screen. I'm sure it'll make Cowboy Bebop even better.

Chara Feb 13th, 2003 06:51 PM

It better come to theaters in D.C. or I'll... I'll... just download it on my PC. Yea I should pay for it but, ya know...

merylsilverburg Feb 13th, 2003 07:22 PM

I'm sure that if it's released in all major theaters, every town should get it. :D :D
I would've seen it a long time ago, but I actually like the dub version of CB. I hope they'll bring back all the same voice actors for the movie. :)

mark0™ Feb 13th, 2003 07:47 PM

Quote:

I don't know about Australia, UK, or Scotland releases...
You make it sound as If I live in a far away land lol. Scotland is in the UK in case you didn't know.

I'd download it, but I;ve got the same probelms as Meryl, when I use KaZaA to download a single MP3, the whole computer messes up and iExplorer and Messenger jus go so slow, I think they went backwards once, I'll just wait for an official DVD release, US or UK.

merylsilverburg Feb 13th, 2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark0

You make it sound as If I live in a far away land lol. Scotland is in the UK in case you didn't know.
Oh whoops! I accidently wrote Scotland and UK instead of just the UK. :right: *feels incredibly stupid* So sorry. :(

Well, I went to look up some release dates for Australia and the UK and this is what I found:

Australia: March 6
UK: April 4

Now...I'm not sure if these are the real dates or if they're just rumored. Please don't take my word for these...I just thought that I would give this info out just in case. I hope it helps a little though.

EDIT: Oh and the US release title of the movie might be called "Cowboy Bebop: The Movie" instead of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" :disturb:

Reid Feb 13th, 2003 11:22 PM

^^^^

I hope they don't change the title, that would sort of ruin the whole classic rock episode titling that the series had for the most part . . . .

The movie came to a local theatre here last October or November but I didn't catch it so it'd be good to get a chance to see it again.

I've bought the movie on DVD (HK release) and it's great quality but I'd love to get an official copy with subs and dubs . . . :drool:

Hmm . . . looking forward to all of this . . .

merylsilverburg Feb 14th, 2003 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

^^^^

I hope they don't change the title, that would sort of ruin the whole classic rock episode titling that the series had for the most part . . . .
Ugh, I know. Calling it "Cowboy Bebop: The Movie" sounds simply awful and bland. But usually, the US changes titles of animes because they want to separate it from the Japanese title. Like, the Rurouni Kenshin movie, for example.

I also read that in the US, they might release the movie in sub and dub forms. What they're saying is that certain theaters might show the sub and some might show the dub. That would be nice, but I kinda doubt it will happen though.