PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you think? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3574)

REChick14 Sep 30th, 2002 08:18 PM

What do you think?

Well I just want to know what do you think is the respectable age to drive? I'm beginning to think that 16 is too young to drive. Heres why... Yesterday at a fair in Durham a 15yr old boy and his friends were walking to meet his ride to pick them up. I believe there was three boys & two girls. It was around 11:00pm. They were walking around a curve in the road when a car sped not looking where it was going and ran into them. The driver was a 16yr old girl. The boys ran in front of the girls so they wouldn't get hurt. But instead that 15yr old boy was killed. His girlfriend and the rest of the people are still in intensive care at the hospital in our town. This just really disturbes me. I think 16 is too young to drive. What do you think? :(

Rei Sep 30th, 2002 08:21 PM

I agree with you, that 16 years old is too young to drive. The responsibilities of driving are too big for a boy/girl of that age. I think you need more maturity for driving. In many other coutries the age for getting the driving license is 18 which is a lot better from many points of view.

Beretta55 Sep 30th, 2002 08:32 PM

16 is a little young....i think the age should be 17 or 18 plus i think they might change the driveing ago to 18 who know's.

IcyMourdor Sep 30th, 2002 09:28 PM

I'm 17 now. I have just recently been driving and I feel I'm a good driver. I have friends in the car and they don't have an influence on me. Of course, I can't speak for all of my generation. I know some pretty horrible drivers. One of my good friends rolled his car once. He wasn't hurt, but he stopped driving for a bit after that. It just depends on how responsible you are.

Hadoken Sep 30th, 2002 09:52 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with the 16yr age restriction. But there are certain precautions that can be done. Such as making it mandatory to take driving school and have an affadivit stating that the person has received at least 50hrs worth of driving experience. Age does not measure maturity. Some individuals may be more experienced and mature then others are when it comes to driving.

AudioBoxer Sep 30th, 2002 10:33 PM

Ya I think that 18 is the perfect age to drive and 16 should be permit age, My little cousin is down visiting, he is 15, I let him take out my Tahoe yesterday, I guess everything went fine. Ya all of us go a little fast every once in a while, like down a street, but you have to, its a law to man kind, SPEED you gotta have it! Thats why I race my Honda at the local track!

Frozen Oct 1st, 2002 03:13 AM

I agree with goodman. The age isn't exactly the most important thing... it just depends on each person's maturity and responsibility level, as well as their own driving skills.

There's some real s***heads that even at the age of 35 still drive like crazy #$#$%@#%

When there's other younger guys who actually are quite cautious while driving.

It's just a matter caution and patience. But teenagers tend to be real stupid in this country, so.... there's the consequences. :disturb:

Sword 4 Hire Oct 1st, 2002 05:24 PM

I think it's fine where its at, I mean anyone could've hit those kids...