PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FFX Jewelry (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=456)

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 06:20 PM

FFX Jewelry

I don't know if anyone has created a thread like this, but I was wondering if anyone here is planning on getting the official FFX, Tidus and Yuna jewelry. I'm planning on picking up Tidus' and Yuna's necklace, pinkie ring/ring, and bracelet. I'm also trying to search for the Blitzball, but so far, I'm having no luck. If any of you guys are going to get it, I have a tip: DO NOT GET ANYTHING FROM EBAY, UNLESS THEY ARE FROM JAPAN. I was so excited when I saw millions of auctions for Tidus' ring and Yuna's necklace and ring set, but they turned out to be fakes. I was so angry. :mad:

Rei Feb 16th, 2002 06:22 PM

Yeah, on Ebay can happen to buy fakes believing they're original.
Do you know some Japanese site where to find those goodies?

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 06:26 PM

No I don't. :( I was planning on going to California or New York during the summer and going to the Japanese towns they have there. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag the jewelry at a game store or something. I heard that they were going to be released in the US during March. I also heard you can get pre-orders, but where, that's where I'm clueless.

Rei Feb 16th, 2002 06:42 PM

So I'll wait till March and see if it's true ;)

jenova_jeb Feb 16th, 2002 07:25 PM

I'm planning to pick up some of the stuff once I get some extra $$$ to spend :rolleyes: .

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 07:35 PM

Do you know a place to get them?

jenova_jeb Feb 16th, 2002 07:38 PM

I know of some anime/tcg/videogame shops about an hour from where I live. They have everything Final Fantasy. I'm sure they'll have the jewelry, but I don't go there alot, so it may take a while before I get it :rolleyes: .

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 07:40 PM

Man, you're lucky. I have searched online to find a place where they actually sell them, but nope. Not a thing. All I can do is go to PlayOnline Japan and look at the jewelry and weep. :( I really hope California has them!

Pu the Owl Feb 16th, 2002 07:49 PM

There must be an online shop in the US that imports and sell this kind of goodies.
You just need to look for it very carefully.
Sorry, I can't help you, because I've never purchased this kind of things online.

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 07:56 PM

Hey, it's no problem. I'm pretty sure I'll find one but it is pretty hard. Some online stores I go to are in pure Japanese and of course, they don't deliver to the US. Other stores that say they carry "import" items, the items are really copies and are from Thailand, China, etc.. The Ebay ones I got.....omigod, they were awful. They looked pretty good on the picture, but when I got it, it didn't even have the .925 stamp engraved. I'm still pissed over that. But, it's my fault for being too stupid! :o

IcyMourdor Feb 16th, 2002 08:26 PM

[COLOR=sky blue]I don't know of any places that might have the jewelry. I'm still looking for a Grivier pendant from FF8.[/COLOR]

merylsilverburg Feb 16th, 2002 08:53 PM

I've got Squall's necklace from Ebay, so I'm pretty sure it's a copy, but I'm satisfied with it anyway. :D It has the .925 engraving, but still, I don't think it's the offical product. I also got Rinoa's necklace with her and Squall's ring on it (a copy too, I bet). But, it really sucks about FFX's, 'cause Tidus' necklace is so cool! There's also the earring, but I don't think I'll get that. I really want the Blitzball though. That looks really cool.

DragonSphere Feb 16th, 2002 10:26 PM

I've seen some in local import shops, but I couldn't buy them since they are so expensive. :(

BTW, isn't the Blitzball just an inflated beach ball?

Sword 4 Hire Feb 17th, 2002 01:09 AM

Wow...I never even knew they made jewelry

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DragonSphere
BTW, isn't the Blitzball just an inflated beach ball?
I think it is, but the design is different! Which is why I want it even though it just might be an inlated beach ball. That's me, I just like to waste my money on useless stuff. :) By the way, how much were they selling the jewelry that you saw, DragonSphere?

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
Wow...I never even knew they made jewelry
Yeah, they started the jewelry merchandise when FFVIII premiered. I'm not sure about FFVII, but I think Squaresoft only makes jewelry for the tall characters, such as FFVIII and FFX. For FFIX, they only made plushies. I think the jewelry is great for collecting, but you gotta have a lot of cash.

Soul Angel Feb 17th, 2002 11:22 AM

I think the jewelry looks really good I really like Tidus's and Yuna's necklaces, but There really expensive to buy :(
So I think it is going to be very unlikely that I will be getting them, oh well :o

kamari-ice Feb 17th, 2002 02:00 PM

Hey I have some pics of some ffx jewelry.
https://www.playonline.com/shop/goods/image/ffx_ab.jpg

https://www.playonline.com/shop/goods/image/ffx_cb.jpg

https://www.playonline.com/shop/goods/image/ffx_bb.jpg

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 02:03 PM

Yeah and what really sucks is that there are more jewelry this time than there was in FFVIII. In FFVIII, there was only (to my knowledge) Squall's ring, necklace, and keychain, Rinoa's necklace with her and Squall's rings on it, and Seifer's necklace. But now, they have (this info I got from PlayOnline Japan) Tidus' necklace, bracelet, ring, and earring. Yuna's necklace, pinkie ring, bracelet, and extra charm for the necklace. That would cost so much, especially if you order it directly from Japan! :eek:

merylsilverburg Feb 17th, 2002 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kamari-ice
Hey I have some pics of some ffx jewelry.
Yup, yup! That's it! The jewel in Yuna's necklace is really supposed to be turquoise, so beware if you get one with a diamond. At least that's what I heard. I got Tidus' ring on Ebay, but it was a fake because it wasn't that shiny like it is in the pix. Mine was made out of iron. :mad: The Yuna necklace that I also got from Ebay had a diamond, so mine is definitely a fake. :mad: