PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FFXII scores perfect 40 in Famitsu (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=9034)

kupoartist Mar 8th, 2006 04:36 PM

FFXII scores perfect 40 in Famitsu

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6145598.html

Good news at last :)

Final Fantasy XII releases on March 16 in Japan. No news on US or European dates.

Vic Viper Mar 8th, 2006 05:47 PM

thats good to know, sucks that it doesnt have a U.S. release, oh well Kingdom Hearts 2 is coming out the end of this month, that will occupy me till this game comes out here. :shame:

merylsilverburg Mar 9th, 2006 05:03 AM

According to GameFAQs, the game is supposed to release August 1. That's quite a while away.

I'm very surprised the game received such a perfect score...I guess SquareEnix really transformed the series into something fresh and different this time. :)

BTW Vic, you'll like "Kingdom Hearts 2", it's really quite enjoyable and fun. :cool:

Infernal Mass Mar 9th, 2006 01:07 PM

this is great news, i wasn't expecting a perfect score. that's 2 games from Matsuno to score perfects at famitsu.

happy_doughnut Mar 9th, 2006 03:30 PM

I must say I am also quite impressed. I really like (most of) the FF games, but I never considered any of them to be "perfect" games in . . . well, just about any way. =\

Very impressive, indeed. So, the release date is scheduled for August 1 of next year? That's too long away. :( Do you know what were the things that accounted for the perfect score? I wonder what they're doing different. I bet they put the world map back in. :D

BTW: Meryl, did you already play KH2? Was it the Japanese version?

Sparky` Mar 9th, 2006 05:41 PM

Too bad Famitsu is the EGM of Japan. They're probably just giving their readers what they want to hear.

Guess I will have to see for myself, but I have a feeling that I won't be liking it... :broken:

Infernal Mass Mar 9th, 2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy_doughnut

So, the release date is scheduled for August 1 of next year? That's too long away.

it may come out sooner..

Quote:

"Square-Enix President Yoichi Wada has the final finally admits giving a release date for finally Fantasy XII for the PlayStation 2 during internal meeting. the game appears first on March 2006 in Japan, followed of the USA in the summer and last at the end of 2006 in Europe.

The release dates would seem to match with previous release dates although if these dates become set in stone, Final Fantasy 12 would be out earlier in Europe compared to the 11 month wait for Final Fantasy X-2.

Source: Famitsu"

Infernal Mass Mar 9th, 2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky`
Too bad Famitsu is the EGM of Japan.

:sarcasm:

Infernal Mass Mar 10th, 2006 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky`
They're probably just giving their readers what they want to hear.

Take this into consideration..Famitsu, has only given 6 perfect scores in it's 20+ years of existance.

Vic Viper Mar 10th, 2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infernal Mass
Take this into consideration..Famitsu, has only given 6 perfect scores in it's 20+ years of existance.

indeed and the first FF game that got a perfect score.

merylsilverburg Mar 10th, 2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Very impressive, indeed. So, the release date is scheduled for August 1 of next year?

Whoops, sorry, it's supposed to be August 1 of this year...or sooner if Infernal Mass' article ends up to come true.

Quote:

Do you know what were the things that accounted for the perfect score?

I'm curious about that too.

Quote:

BTW: Meryl, did you already play KH2? Was it the Japanese version?

Yes, it was the Japanese version...I didn't want to create a thread about it because I don't want to spoil the game for people and I also don't know much about it since I don't understand it much, ho ho! :right:

happy_doughnut Mar 10th, 2006 03:40 PM

I was speaking with someone yesterday night, and they showed me this list of what seems to be the top 20 games, according to Famitsu:
  • 20.| SFC: Street Fighter II
  • 19.| PS2: Kingdom Hearts
  • 18.| DC: Sakura Taisen III
  • 17.| FC: Dragon Quest II
  • 16.| PSX: Xeno Gears
  • 15.| SFC: Final Fantasy V
  • 14.| FC: Dragon Quest VII
  • 13.| SS: Sakura Taisen XII
  • 12.| PCE: Tengai Makyou Maru XI
  • 11.| SFC: Dragon Quest V
  • 10.| N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time
  • 9.| PSX: Dragon Quest VII
  • 8.| FC: Final Fantasy III
  • 7.| SFC: Tactics Ogre
  • 6.| SFC: Final Fantasy IV
  • 5.| SS: Machi
  • 4.| PS2: Dragon Quest VIII
  • 3.| FC: Dragon Quest III
  • 2.| PSX: Final Fantasy VII
  • 1.| PS2: Final Fantasy X

Oh, come on. Say it isn't so. Nothing but of bunch of Dragon Quest games, which, imo, aren't even all that good. And FFX number 1? Uh, no thanks. If this is true, then I must say I cannot trust that 40. Omg. Another Tidus and Yuna. Ugh.

Quote:

Yes, it was the Japanese version...I didn't want to create a thread about it because I don't want to spoil the game for people and I also don't know much about it since I don't understand it much, ho ho! :right:
I will never understand how you can play Japanese RPGs. :laugh: I try to play Japanese games and I have a hard time getting out of the title screen. :right:

kupoartist Mar 10th, 2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Uh, no thanks. If this is true, then I must say I cannot trust that 40. Omg. Another Tidus and Yuna. Ugh.

Well exactly. You see, I have this crazy theory... that actually, the Japanese version of FFX was one hell of a lot better. Why? Because when I think of the first and second reasons for hating FFX, I think "Tidus' voice" and "Yuna's voice". With better voices, this game would have been far more enjoyable, and Japan tends to have better quality voice acting on the whole (the animation industry is so, so much larger than in America, and the uses animation is put to so much more diverse than "kids cartoons" and "comedy", so actors have a better range).

I'm not convinced Famitsu gave FFX a 40/40 btw. And yes that list is extremely narrow minded and one dimensional... you have to wonder whether Famitsu simply aren't in Square-Enix's pocket. Just because they're Japanese, doesn't mean you should trust them any more than any American source after all :)

merylsilverburg Mar 11th, 2006 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
Well exactly. You see, I have this crazy theory... that actually, the Japanese version of FFX was one hell of a lot better. Why? Because when I think of the first and second reasons for hating FFX, I think "Tidus' voice" and "Yuna's voice". With better voices, this game would have been far more enjoyable, and Japan tends to have better quality voice acting on the whole (the animation industry is so, so much larger than in America, and the uses animation is put to so much more diverse than "kids cartoons" and "comedy", so actors have a better range).

Your theory is not so crazy because, after all, Japanese VAs do tend to have, shall I say, a more emotional depth to their voices. I'm sure the feelings and thoughts of Tidus and Yuna could've been far better portrayed through the Japanese if they had kept the original voices (kinda like Capcom's "Onimusha" series - what is wrong with them and their horrendous dubs?!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kupoartist
Just because they're Japanese, doesn't mean you should trust them any more than any American source after all :)

I agree. The Japanese can tend to be a bit more, well, biased and narrow-minded when it comes to certain things (not just games) and if the Famitsu staff happens to favor a certain type(s) of games, their judgement/reviews on certain ones cannot be entirely trusted.

Quote:

I will never understand how you can play Japanese RPGs. :laugh: I try to play Japanese games and I have a hard time getting out of the title screen. :right:

Oh, you have a Japanese console now? That's great, now you too can suffer like me while playing non-native language games! :laugh:

Infernal Mass Mar 12th, 2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

I was speaking with someone yesterday night, and they showed me this list of what seems to be the top 20 games, according to Famitsu:
  • 20.| SFC: Street Fighter II
  • 19.| PS2: Kingdom Hearts
  • 18.| DC: Sakura Taisen III
  • 17.| FC: Dragon Quest II
  • 16.| PSX: Xeno Gears
  • 15.| SFC: Final Fantasy V
  • 14.| FC: Dragon Quest VII
  • 13.| SS: Sakura Taisen XII
  • 12.| PCE: Tengai Makyou Maru XI
  • 11.| SFC: Dragon Quest V
  • 10.| N64: Zelda Ocarina of Time
  • 9.| PSX: Dragon Quest VII
  • 8.| FC: Final Fantasy III
  • 7.| SFC: Tactics Ogre
  • 6.| SFC: Final Fantasy IV
  • 5.| SS: Machi
  • 4.| PS2: Dragon Quest VIII
  • 3.| FC: Dragon Quest III
  • 2.| PSX: Final Fantasy VII
  • 1.| PS2: Final Fantasy X

Oh, come on. Say it isn't so. Nothing but of bunch of Dragon Quest games, which, imo, aren't even all that good. And FFX number 1? Uh, no thanks. If this is true, then I must say I cannot trust that 40. Omg. Another Tidus and Yuna. Ugh.

:blink:

ok, so wait..

Famitsu, says FFX is the best game ever..and that makes their perfect score invaild. Ok seriously though, I mean don't you think it would've been more prevalent to make a case against famitsu by listing the games that have scored perfect 40's instead.

Soul Calibur
Vagrant Story <-- Matsuno
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Nintendogs

:party:

merylsilverburg Mar 13th, 2006 12:54 AM

The only game that really made sense to me on their list was probably "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" because isn't that game supposed to be the perfect Zelda game? I wouldn't know, I was oblivious to Nintendo in '97/'98. :laugh:

Infernal Mass Oct 23rd, 2006 04:57 PM

i'm finally sarting to get kinda excited for a new FF. I just wasn't really feeling it, until now. It's almost here,

DragonSphere Oct 31st, 2006 03:35 AM

just got it at this midnight release thing at gamestop...wasn't that much in a hurry to get it but it was kinda fun. got the shiny new special edition too.

i would play it now, but the essay-i-shouldve-done-last-week needs to be written first... :boo: