PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite FF Character (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4895)

Fayteless Dec 24th, 2002 01:51 PM

Favorite FF Character

Tetsuya Nomura is rather genial in my perspective, he designed each character with a perfect talent. There are several reasons to like a character: appearance, personality, skill, etc. My curiosity led me to ask; who's your favorite character and why? :roll:

Seraph Sephiroth Jan 3rd, 2003 01:46 AM

I'm the ultimate Sephiroth Fan and no one shall overthrow me! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!! *coughs...* anyway...

Sephiroth has become my favorite character in any video game ever! My obsession for him had resulted in collecting whatever i can find of him (Dolls, statues, keychains, wallscrolls, and cards) Making my own Sephiroth costume for Cosplay (my squall one is much better, but we wont get into that) Playing him in several rpgs, and voicing his mother Lecrecia in an online FF7 radio ^_^ .. along with a website fully dedicated to him https://fly.to.SeraphimSephiroth/ (dont get peeved if some of the links dont work, the server when down and I lost most of my files.. so you just gotta wait till I upload them again!!)

I loved Sephiroth from the first moment I layed eyes open him. He was deffinatly Final Fantasy's greatest villian... though i dont like calling him a villian since this truely wasnt the case. The man was being controled by Jenova to do her evil bidding.. just as Jenova controled Cloud to give Sephiroth the black Materia.. Jenova ran the show, causing havoc upon the planet, using our poor Sephy like..dare I say.. A puppet. Its awful to actually look back and think what sort of life Sephiroth lived.. never being loved by anyone.. stuck in a lab with a deranged psycho-path named Hojo, pumped with mako and the cells of a alien from another world and thrown into a training camp to become a SOLDIER. So not only do i love him as a character, I feel sorry for him. Can you not blame him for going completely balistic at Nibelhiem? His will drove him to find out the truth about his past, but with the mixture of jenova within him, turned his true purpose into something much more sinister.

So why you ask could I and the rest of the Sephy Fans out there love this misunderstood creature? For one, he is a person most wish they could be.. Strong, intelligent, good-looking... He made it to general of the ShinRa army and crushed the people of Wutai.. SOLDIER First Class.. what every boy on the FF7 planet wanted to be.. Strong and bold like their hero Sephiroth. Some other fans will tell you they like him cause he's a BAD BOY... true, lots of girls go for the rebel who strikingly good-looking and lives by his own rules... But it all depends on what YOU, the fan, see Sephiroth as... He could be a sweet loving person on the inside, someone crying out for attention, a bad boy villian with a black heart and a taste for blood, or even just a weak lost little boy with no home to go to.. You decide.

I for one believe Sephiroth was kind once... but the years of lonelyness and rejection, and the loveless care that was given to him, made him a hard shell, to which no one could break...Hate and anger for how he was treated all those years ago, fuming and burning on the inside til Jenova allowed him to release his anger in the wrong place, at the wrong people... all the people of the planet. I for one will always blame Jenova for the cause of all this.. she started it all, right from the beginning.. She struck the planet with its unhealing wound, she killed the cetra which were Aeris's family, she brough death and destruction upon the land... so if you hate anyone from FF7, hate Jenova.. not the man who she made the planet hate.. Thank you.

Sword 4 Hire Jan 3rd, 2003 10:44 PM

Auron, he was wise, older, more experienced, intelligent, outspoken, kept his arm in his sleev and drank who knows what sort of alcohol in his jug, wore cool shades, was a hard hitting S.O.B. and was just clearly the man.

Zone Jan 4th, 2003 03:11 AM

Too hard for me to choose one. Cloud, Cid (FFVII), Vincent, Squall, and Auron.

kupoartist Jan 4th, 2003 06:05 AM

over the years I've gradually adopted Ms Relm as my favorite character... for all those who don't know, Relm is the third female character in FFVI, and therefore isn't a lovesick late teen contemplating love and making the world a better place. (shes like Porom, Krile, Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko and Rikku... always the third girl!) ... so naturally, Relm is a 10 year old that back-talks people and hits them with paintbrushes. Which means she is genuinely unique in FF games... and if you want to know what she looks like, strain your eyes and look at my signature.. go on - it won't hurt you too much :happy:

S.W.A.T-Sniper Jan 4th, 2003 08:08 PM

Kimarhi is my fav, nuthin much to say just kicks some butt, and takes names. and hes loyal

ssjtrunks13 Jan 5th, 2003 03:08 PM

CLoud, Sephiroth, ZIdane, and Auron! Can't choose just one.

David Jan 5th, 2003 11:20 PM

Chang of characters, Cloud ain't my favorite anymore. I like Tidus now.

0===(======================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

xotreeox Feb 2nd, 2003 12:05 PM

yeah, i like tidus too

Pu the Owl Feb 2nd, 2003 12:32 PM

Once again I have to say Freija Crescent from FFIX, but she's not Nomura's creation. In fact FFIX characters are Amano's creation (you can easily recognize Amano's characters because they show an higher dose of originality than Nomura's ones, for the simple reason that Amano is an artist while Nomura is a great character designer). The reason I like her so much? Even if she's a "secondary" character, she's got a fascinating story and personality. Plus, I loved her presence in my party. In brief, that's all.

kupoartist Feb 2nd, 2003 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fortune
In fact FFIX characters are Amano's creation
I've always been really confused as to how much Amano had to do FF games anymore - glancing at the credits in the FFIX manual, his name is next to "Image illustrator", and not "character design" - that goes to Shukou Mrase, Toshiyuki Itahana and Shin Nagasawa.... he's down as the same in FFX and even FFVI as well, whereas Nomura is actually credited as Character designer (in FFX)

ssjtrunks13 Feb 2nd, 2003 10:32 PM

Now that I really think about it I'll have to narrow it down to Cloud or Zidane. Personally I think Sephiroth is a mix of the first and third things he could be that Seraphim mentioned.

Vicious Feb 3rd, 2003 11:37 AM

I like Vincent Valentine because he always seems so mysterious and he has the coolest weapons.:ghost: Either him or Cloud.

IcyMourdor Feb 3rd, 2003 06:45 PM

*notices the lack of FFTactics characters in here*

Delita would simply waste everyone. He is strong enough to take on any opponent, charming enough to get the princess to share his love, and smart enough to manipulate the war so he would end up on top and become king. Not bad for just a stable boy.

Pu the Owl Feb 4th, 2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by the_artist

I've always been really confused as to how much Amano had to do FF games anymore - glancing at the credits in the FFIX manual, his name is next to "Image illustrator", and not "character design" - that goes to Shukou Mrase, Toshiyuki Itahana and Shin Nagasawa....
If with "character designer" you simply mean the person who actually gives the models to be used for the games creators, you're right artist. Despite the general meaning of the words "characters designer", I've read somewhere (interview or a similar source when the game was still to be released) that in FFIX Amano had an important and fundamental role in the planning and creation of the characters of the game. Which also explains why for some FF games there are several detailed artworks for each character by Amano (like the mentioned FFIX) while for other FF games, like FFVIII or FFX there are only few of them.

kupoartist Feb 4th, 2003 01:27 PM

the thing that truely confuses me is how Nomura is always credited as "Character Designer", and Amano isn't (and in many games, others are.) That would suggest that their roles are different... but in Amano's case, I assume it is him that influences the character designers, even if he doesn't directly create them himself. - though I would expect that the people responsible for that are actually credited for "Character Modelling" - which amano isn't [FFIX]

ssjtrunks13 Feb 4th, 2003 04:52 PM

I've never played Tactics and didn't know it had a plot.

Urahara Kisuke Dec 1st, 2004 10:47 PM

I would have to pick Yuna. I liked her a lot in X and even more so with the new look in X-2. Iono, but I seem to like her the most. She is just cool.

Dr_lovexxx Dec 4th, 2004 01:54 PM

I thinik i would have to say cloud.... i mean hands down the best FF charactrer outthere...omnislash all i can say about that is devistating.

absinthe_fairy Feb 5th, 2005 11:00 PM

I like Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII. She has a cheeky personality and she's also a cutie. But I like her weaponary the most. She's a pretty useful character in battles when equipped with the Conformer.