PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FF-X-2 trailer!!! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4432)

Matrix Nov 25th, 2002 11:20 PM

FF-X-2 trailer!!!

I have got to tell you I reall wasn't really into the whole FF x-2 thing except for the fact I wanted to know what happened to Tidus. Now I have changed my mind.....I have saw the trailer and the new features (from the costume to the guns) all look very exciting....plus They say you can choose your missions in this one and stuff, plus the job system is returning!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THE TRAILER - HERE IS THE LINK -

https://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaP...0Fantasy%20X-2

Matrix Nov 25th, 2002 11:23 PM

forgot to add that the music rocks and the fact that it looks like there is going to be lots of action (mabye some matrix style!!!!!)
watch the end of the trailer and you will see.....also sorta reminds me a bit (only a bit) of tomb radier......... but if anyone can pull it off it is Squaresoft!!!!!!!

MakgSnake Nov 26th, 2002 02:54 PM

Ok that was a pretty decent Trailer. but

WTF, why are they following Christina and Spear's league. I mean before they were too innocent cute girls, and now sluts and whoes. What have they done to YUNA!!! poor YUNA. Did you see the front section of her top??? Who are they trying to appeal this game to? Did Yuna started working for Playboy Magz after the release of FFX?

And seems like someone is impressed by Dante/Lara as well.

Damn you Square people.

(Although I am not into RPG games, but I have FFX's demo and have played the actual game too, and it seemed pretty nice, and Yuna seemed like a girl I would go out with LOL!. Cute innocent beautiful female. Not NOW!)

Beretta55 Nov 26th, 2002 06:44 PM

if you think that's shocking makg go take a look at rikku:laugh: but yeah i think they are making a mistake here of making them seem like whore's. cause i like the innocent girl look it's quite cute;)

Matrix Nov 27th, 2002 12:22 AM

hey it is something new and those are just one of the many costumes available

Matrix Nov 27th, 2002 12:24 AM

forgot to add that trends (clothes and such) change...along with getting older people will look a little older.....in their cases they were teens...now they are adults......besides if they really wanna show off there bodies let them...it is their decision (sorta)

Faile Nov 27th, 2002 09:12 AM

i cannot believe that square are so blatently whoring their characters and storyline to make money. I feel really let down by them in a way.

Ruby Moon Nov 27th, 2002 10:21 AM

It's their work, they can ruin their characters and reputation as much as they want. For sure they're in big need of money to do something like that and pretend fans will get it only because it's Final Fantasy...

Black Heart Nov 27th, 2002 10:57 AM

Apparently, they have transformed Final Fantasy X in Charlie's Angels...

MakgSnake Nov 27th, 2002 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Heart

That also a double X version of it.

Pu the Owl Nov 27th, 2002 02:51 PM

Now you can see why I had a bad feeling about this project from the beginning. I'm not blaming Square anymore: after reading the latest news, it's clear they're having some big troubles. I guess games like this one will help them to recover without much effort. It should be the audience to convince them to start making good games again, instead of recycling the same old stuff, ruining the good ideas they put in the older games, but sadly, some fans can buy anything, even if the product is terribly cheesy :sarcasm: :blergh:

Oh yeah, I agree with Makg that now Lara Croft resembles more to an innocent nun, if compared to these "revamped" FFX chicks :laugh:

Sword 4 Hire Nov 27th, 2002 03:02 PM

Well Yuna had to pick up a new weopon and threads because well...
Spoiler: show
She's no longer a summoner, with no aeons or summons making an appearance whats the point of her usin a rod for?

And personally I'm not offended by the new get up...sure maybe because I'm a guy but c'mon, sex appeal has made appearances in dozens of games before this one...who cares I say, I'm not going to judge the game because of the amount of skin I'm seeing...

Pu the Owl Nov 27th, 2002 03:06 PM

The question is: should a game base all its contents on the sex appeal of the main characters? :peoples: And btw, it's not that I care if they go around half naked or wrapped in large coats, also because I've seen worse costumes, but hey, this is supposed to be Final Fantasy, not Dead or Alive... They should at least respect the spirit of the original characters they have created.

Ruby Moon Nov 27th, 2002 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Heart

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too!
But they look like the latest Charlie's Angels: Yuna is like Cameron Diaz, Lulu is more like Lucy Liu, and Rikku, well, she's Drew Barrymore, only a bit slimmer :laugh: Geez, I'm waiting to see the artworks of the next character (guess who could it be?! Ah ah...).

S4H, it's not that we're offended by the costumes in themselves, it's just that we expected something "better" from Squaresoft. I don't recognize in what I've seen till now from this game the company who gave us masterpieces like Final Fantasy VI or VII... Just simple as that.

Matrix Nov 27th, 2002 05:24 PM

I totally agree with you sword 4 hire about the guns.......You guys are so negative....plus THEY ARE NOT TURNING THEM REAL SLUTTY....IT IS JUST ON OF THERE MANY COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I PERSONALLY THINK THAT THIS IS THE BEST FF FOR A SEQUEL........ u know how they have two spinnoffs of FF X.........they probably planned this all before FF X........IT's a trilogy!!!!!!!!!!.....and instaed of complaining just be quiet and let the real fans do the talking, cause we know what squaresoft is really made of!!!!!!!!

Sword 4 Hire Nov 27th, 2002 05:39 PM

^ Well that was a bit harsh...

I just think that the times are changing...and FF's are going along with it...who knows, maybe the fashions have something to do with the new Al Bhed culture in the game, maybe its common to wear those type of get ups...we don't know this, I say we start calling Yuna a slut after the games out and we can verify that she is or is not one

Don't judge a book by its cover...

Beretta55 Nov 27th, 2002 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Matrix

I totally agree with you sword 4 hire about the guns.......You guys are so negative....plus THEY ARE NOT TURNING THEM REAL SLUTTY....IT IS JUST ON OF THERE MANY COSTUMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I PERSONALLY THINK THAT THIS IS THE BEST FF FOR A SEQUEL........ u know how they have two spinnoffs of FF X.........they probably planned this all before FF X........IT's a trilogy!!!!!!!!!!.....and instaed of complaining just be quiet and let the real fans do the talking, cause we know what squaresoft is really made of!!!!!!!!
i have two word's....shut up. im not offended by their new look i just exspected something better. but S4H is right yuna is no longer a summoner so no more need for the rod. and beside's every girl has to grow up someday right? but i just hope they dont act diffrent and have their same attuitude's from the last game.

Sword 4 Hire Nov 27th, 2002 07:32 PM

I don't think Yuna's going to be going from a sweet quiet girl to a cheap slutty prostitute anytime soon so I wouldn't worry

But thanks for lookin from my point of view beretta

Matrix Nov 27th, 2002 08:43 PM

in case you have not noticed berreta55 I have stated all that in previous posts.......and only a non-FF fan would get offended by what I have said!!!!!

Beretta55 Nov 27th, 2002 09:02 PM

Quote:

in case you have not noticed berreta55 I have stated all that in previous posts.......and only a non-FF fan would get offended by what I have said!!!!!
jeez no need to get huffy and puffy mr.attitude. scream any louder and my ear's will bleed:laugh: and beside's it's still no reason to tell somebody just to shut up.

Sword 4 Hire Nov 27th, 2002 09:04 PM

Yeah c'mon Matrix settle down a bit ok?

We're all FF fans here...we all just have different opinions thats all

sk8er_kyle Nov 27th, 2002 11:19 PM

I think the game looks cool. I wanna get it when it comes out. Yuna with guns, thats just sweet.:ghost:

DragonSphere Nov 28th, 2002 12:10 AM

I'm still a bit indifferent about the sequel, but then again, who knows? This game might just turn out to be a surprise hit, putting all those negative comments about it to shame.

Black Heart Nov 28th, 2002 08:10 AM

Matrix calm down, people may have different opinions, they don't have to say "Whoa! This is so cool! I will get it! I like the weapons!". And btw, it's you who's judging the game by its cover, because having different weapons and costumes and say a game looks good because of it is indeed judging only by the cover.

Pu the Owl Nov 28th, 2002 08:19 AM

Yeah, what's wrong in the fact we're not enthusiastic about this? Do you find it so stupid? There's someone who looks for features like costumes and weapons in a game and someone who likes different things. I frankly don't care if you have thousands of weapons (and BTW, in case you don't know, RPGs always have many different weapons, so what's so innovative in it?). I am a great fan of Final Fantasy series, but I don't like what Squaresoft is doing lately. Am I free to express my disappointment or do I have to praise a videogaming company even if don't like their work just because of the trademark?

S4H, changes are good, but this ain't a real change: why don't they start making other games besides FF if they want to change anything? They're throwing dust in people's eyes : they want to change but in the end they're keeping on making the same old games, apart from the fact they're desperately adding details (like incredibly realistic body details, tiny bikinis, hi-tech designed weaponry, etc...) and features to attract the larger number of players, even people who don't like the older FF games. And well, it's working. This could mean they'll seriously consider this way of acting as the way of making games in the future. But the series doesn't need these useless stuff to be renewed: it's the roots of Final Fantasy that need to be renewed, not Yuna's costumes or Rikku's butt.
This is not a renewal: this is trying to spend less and earn more IMO :peoples:

Spank-A-Thon Nov 28th, 2002 08:59 AM

On one hand I am enthused about FFX-2, on the other I have some concerns.

Firstl it looks like it will continue the excellent graphics of the original. Secondly, I really wanted to know what happens to them afterwards (perhaps even more so than my fave, FF7). If FFX-2 keeps a similar feel to X then I'll be happy.

The costumes don't really faze me too much - after all, Lulu wasn't exactly covered up in one department. Perhaps given that Yuna was subject to a strict religous upbringing, now she is free of that she is expressing her freedom through less restrictive clothes. And to be fair, Rikku wore little clothes in X anyway. Perhaps the climate has got hotter!

The only big concern I have is Yuna using guns. It would seem more appropriate for Rikku to have weapons such as those. I'd prefer Yuna to perhaps use a sword, and thus continue Tidus' legacy.

Ultimately I'm going to reserve judgement until I have the game in my hands. I'm not going to let screenshots and movie trailers put me off.

- S

Pu the Owl Nov 28th, 2002 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Perhaps the climate has got hotter!
This is exactly the kind of comment that leaves me blank... climate hotter? I hope in this case was an ironic comment, but anyways I've read the same kind of explanation several times. It's a videogame, not reality guys... And it's not the Metereological Institute that designed and made the game... hey wake up! :laugh:

Faile Nov 28th, 2002 09:59 AM

i fear that square are moving final fantasy away from its more traditional roots to make more money and trade on the name.

and thats quite sad for me as i'm a fan of all the games pre FF-X.

Pu the Owl Nov 28th, 2002 10:31 AM

The game is already a trademark. Renewing a gaming series like FF would mean either destroy it or completely restart the way FF games made. Adjustements like the ones they're making at this moment won't work. Or maybe, this kind of adjustements will work for people who will buy anything with the logo "Final Fantasy" on it, but not for the others. That's why I said it would be better for Square to leave FF alone (since it's supposed to be a game that somewhat should respect its own traditions) and move to another kind of RPG game. But no, since it's a trademark, they wouldn't earn as much money as with a FF game with a non-FF series, at least not at this moment that FF is the best selling RPG series among all.

Sword 4 Hire Nov 28th, 2002 12:05 PM

Eh I suppose we all have our own opinions...me...I'm going to judge the game after its out...

I like Spank's views though...especially giving Yuna a sword and Rikku the guns

Spank-A-Thon Nov 28th, 2002 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Fortune

This is exactly the kind of comment that leaves me blank... climate hotter? I hope in this case was an ironic comment, but anyways I've read the same kind of explanation several times. It's a videogame, not reality guys... And it's not the Metereological Institute that designed and made the game... hey wake up! :laugh:
Trust me - I meant that comment sarcastically. Although it would not suprise me to see something like, 'it's 5 years since the events of X-1 and Spira's climate is hotter.... yadda yadda' as the game intro. Some game developers will do anything to justify a bit of T&A.
Quote:

Originally posted by Faile

i fear that square are moving final fantasy away from its more traditional roots to make more money and trade on the name.

and thats quite sad for me as i'm a fan of all the games pre FF-X.
To be fair, I woudn't say FFX (or X-2 for that matter) is the first to move away from it's traditional roots. I'd be tempted to say FFVII was the first. I mean previously it was very much 'traditional' fantasy, whereas VII introduced a more cyber-punk feel. Then we had VIII that introduced more realistic character renders to the series, rather than the previous manga style. I see X simply as an evolution of the PS1 titles.

But I do agree that Square must be careful that they don't cheapen the Final Fantasy name with too many cheap spin-offs.

I take it you didn't like FFX then Faile? I must admit I was apprehensive about it at first, but now it's one of my favourites along with VI and VII. It certainly was different to previous FF's - but still felt like an FF game to me.

It would seem we're quite a fickle and picky bunch us FF fans. We moan that each FF is too similar - and then we moan when they try to change things. I'm sure Square must despair (hey! that rhymes!) sometimes. I remember my first reaction to VIII - I thought it looked more like a point and click adventure!

- S

Sword 4 Hire Nov 28th, 2002 05:05 PM

^ Very good points

Faile Nov 28th, 2002 05:37 PM

i just feel after FFIX had the feel of the FF games I > VII, X moved the series away from some aspects i enjoyed.

but yes, we must wait and see

Matrix Nov 28th, 2002 09:09 PM

sorry everyone just got a little carried away.....and just to finish this off ............barrata when did I ever state the words shut up??????...I think that was in your post not mine.

Beretta55 Nov 28th, 2002 10:39 PM

Quote:

sorry everyone just got a little carried away.....and just to finish this off ............barrata when did I ever state the words shut up??????...I think that was in your post not mine.

feel free to read that over and be quiet is pretty much the same meaning as shut up.

Matrix Nov 28th, 2002 11:03 PM

you are right.....but be quiet is much better than saying shut up!

Matrix Nov 28th, 2002 11:12 PM

forgot to add that the only reason she looks the way she does is because her other costume that she had would not suit it her with guns properly...as stated before, she has guns because of her inability to summon aeons.......I have read though that she does get them back about halfway through or so (obviously)

Frozen Nov 29th, 2002 01:18 AM

Folks, I believe you are all talking way too much BS and I'm afraid you still have not played the game yet. Wait until then and then give your judgements. Although Yuna did look corny in that las little shotting scene XD

But I remember years back when the guys from Retro studios began the project on the new Metroid and announced it would be in first person, and everyone began to cry like fagits that it was going to suck and all sorts of crap, and now see it's one of the best games that have ever been released in freaking world history.

I remember I did not like the idea myself, but always hoped they would not screw up, and had my mind open to the possibility of having an awsome game as the result, adn well, I don't need to repeat myself.

I have the same expectations for this game.

Sword 4 Hire Nov 29th, 2002 01:38 AM

Quote:

you are right.....but be quiet is much better than saying shut up!
Does it really matter anymore...

Ruby Moon Nov 29th, 2002 03:51 AM

You like to look at insignificant details and you missed some points IMO. Yuna with long sword or Yuna with guns: the essence of the game would probably remain the same if she used either of them.

And btw, haven't you looked at the images maybe? Don't we have a "third character" with the long sword yet? What would be the point in having another one with a long sword? I won't mention here the possible meanings of the long sword thing though... You guys better go and read some low quality psycology manual for this, thing that probably Nomura already did :peoples: Not to sound 100% negative, but this is my opinion, and I don't need to see the game to say this game looks really corny and filled with stupid stereotypes (also regarding some of the other characters) from what I can see.