PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   who is the best FF character in the series? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=3124)

Dirty_harry Jul 26th, 2002 08:42 PM

who is the best ff main character?

to me its Cloud Strife

IcyMourdor Jul 26th, 2002 09:30 PM

Delita, of FFT. He is strong, manipulative, and charismatic. Just like me.

Oh, BTW, we have a FF forum, so threads like these go there.

kupoartist Jul 27th, 2002 04:07 AM

Terra and Celes are my fave mains. Well they were kinda main characters, as the plot seemed to centre around them more than anyone else.

Terra was great because she was just so lost, and couldn't understand her emotions at all. Celes was great because she showed a great will to go on when the world, had quite literally ended.

Pu the Owl Jul 27th, 2002 08:22 PM

I'd say Cloud Strife is the best among FF main characters, but it's also true that he needs Sephiroth to be the best main character, while other main characters don't need a villain to gain a certain "strenght" as much as Cloud.
Does it make any sense to you?

IcyMourdor Jul 27th, 2002 09:48 PM

I got it, a hero needs to beat up someone. The hatred makes the character of Cloud.

Sort of like Delita. He uses *censored*'s death as the fuel which makes him start his quest.

kupoartist Jul 28th, 2002 04:07 AM

that seems to be the case with a lot of the best characters... I'm sure my love of FF6 is due to the way 14 or so very different characters are all grouping together to take out Kefca, just because he's the kind of psycho who'd rip the world apart ^_^

I can't speak for FF Tactics, as I haven't played it, but I assume with such a varied cast as it seems to have, the same is probably true... (hurry up FF:T GBA ^_^)

Macceh^ Jul 28th, 2002 02:05 PM

Admitaly so Cloud is made by his driven hatred for Sephiroth an exelent character esily one of my fave's. I also liked Tidus he had a sorta ****sure attutude that he suited.

Hylas Jul 30th, 2002 06:09 AM

I think Cloud is the best main character. This is one of the reasons who make FF7 the ff game I like the most among all.

Genesis Jul 30th, 2002 06:30 AM

What the... What about votes for Squall or Zidane?! Oh well, for me it's a throw-up between Cloud and Squall. Cloud just looked cool, with his sword and soldier uniform and all. Then there was his whole hatred towards shinra and sephiroth. I also like Squall, cause i can relate to his character and his gradual change from what he was at the start of the game to what he becomes at the end due to Rinoa and all...if you know what i mean.

Hylas Jul 30th, 2002 06:37 AM

Squall is a cool character, yes, but considering that in FF8 I prefer Laguna, I cannot consider him as the best main character. And regarding Zidane... He's funny, but I don't even remember when he starts being the main character of the game. I mean, during the first part of FF9 Garnet seems to be way more important than him.

kupoartist Jul 30th, 2002 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hylas
Squall is a cool character, yes, but considering that in FF8 I prefer Laguna, I cannot consider him as the best main character. And regarding Zidane... He's funny, but I don't even remember when he starts being the main character of the game. I mean, during the first part of FF9 Garnet seems to be way more important than him.
yay! Sir Laguna ^_^... but then, he kind of is Squall anyway (whoops - said too much again :laugh: )

And Zidane is very much certainly the main character. Comparativly, you probably spend as much time playing as Tifa and Cid as you do Garnet, and the fact that for 95% of the rest of the game, you'll be forced into having Zidane in your party kind of hints at the fact that he's your main character. like it or not. Anyway. Heres a picture of Cloud talking to an evil blue guy... For no reason:
(because...)

Macceh^ Jul 31st, 2002 02:29 AM

lol Artist is that Kingdom Hearts?

kupoartist Jul 31st, 2002 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Macceh^
lol Artist is that Kingdom Hearts?
yeah... sorry :laugh:
I really, really like the idea of all these FF characters being put into the game... Cloud, Aeris, Cid, Selphie, Squall, Tidus, Wakka a Moogle and even Yuffie ^_^

Eternal Life Jul 31st, 2002 06:14 AM

I'm probably the only one who likes Zidane above all the other main characters... oh well, doesn't really matters :D

thenagan81 Jul 31st, 2002 09:18 PM

Well Personally I hated Squall b/c I really didn't like FF8 for some reason every other game had me majorly interested than that but I really like Cloud and Zidane they had me coming back to the game for more baby and everything takes me back to FF10

Kigdom Hearts is going to be bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Beretta55 Aug 1st, 2002 02:22 AM

i have to say cloud! he was just so cool!

BlueShark3 Aug 1st, 2002 08:46 PM

id have to say both

Cloud and Tidus

RobHardo Aug 1st, 2002 10:41 PM

cloud the man for the job lol

RichHo Aug 20th, 2002 06:34 AM

i think cloud was the man....decisive and couragous. i think tidus is kinda gay, and his so annoying!

Soul Angel Aug 20th, 2002 12:40 PM

I like quite a few of the main characters, but Cloud is probably my fave, I liked his whole personality :)

RexNorton Aug 20th, 2002 11:19 PM

i like all the main characters from the ff (7-10) cloud the most, i wanted to slap squall, zidane...not quite sure what i thought of him and tidus was a blitzball player...he didn't come off a a worrior to save the world like cloud and squall or even zidane.

RexNorton Aug 20th, 2002 11:29 PM

i like all the main characters from the ff (7-10) cloud the most, i wanted to slap squall, zidane...not quite sure what i thought of him and tidus was a blitzball player...he didn't come off a a worrior to save the world like cloud and squall or even zidane.

RichHo Aug 21st, 2002 03:32 AM

I didnt like Zidane, his character was too cartoony by far......and so you couldnt really take him seriously as a super hero.

TheGreatDiabitus Aug 24th, 2002 09:35 AM

who is the best FF character in the series?

The Absolute best main character in the Final Fantasy series has to be Squall Lionheart! Only because he's the only character who doesn't take crap from anybody!

Lost_myth Aug 24th, 2002 09:58 AM

May be a spoiler if you haven't played FF7

I think it is Cloud. He's serious and funny as hell. Wearing that dress, just cracked me up.

Lost_myth Aug 24th, 2002 09:59 AM

My favorite is probably Cloud. He's just too funny. Even though Squall is cute.

jbaseley Aug 28th, 2002 01:13 AM

I agree cloud becuase he had an awsome big sword and just looks the coolest out of all the ff main characters.

kupoartist Aug 28th, 2002 02:38 PM

Yeah well I have to be different. Its the way I am.
My favorite definatly comes from FF6. I'd say Relm, as thats basically my image ("the_artist" - get it?) and shes a pretty decent character (though she would have been better if they kept her Japanese Swearyness).
But I have to say that my favorite is Terra. She was the closest FF6 has to a lead character, and consequently the closest the FF series ever has to a Female lead. The revelations about her birth and past, and her eternal quest for finding, experiencing and understanding love make her an extremely tragic character. But she has strength that only Celes (who comes a close second) rivals, and ultimatly poops on the strength of all the other FF girlies (strength in terms of inner and outer strength...)
Plus she has green hair and can be equipped with the best weapons in the game. Not many FF females can stake that claim.

Pu the Owl Aug 29th, 2002 06:22 AM

I had to merge the threads, because they were about the same topic :right:

But I agree with artist that Terra is the stronger female character ever in FF games - this goes for the ones who said, before the release of Final Fantasy X, Lulu was the strongest :sarcasm:

Infernal Mass Aug 29th, 2002 06:42 AM

i thought Kain was pretty cool

happy_doughnut Aug 29th, 2002 02:18 PM

Male : Kain from FF4. I'm not sure why exactly. I suppose it may be due to the fact that he was the strongest character I had ( when he decided to be in, anyway :sarcasm: ) I also liked his personality, even though it was kinda confusing from time to time.
He was strong physically and had a strong persona, well, sometimes *cough*. That and, well, he was a dragoon !
A close second is ViVi and Amarant. Both really excellent characters... just a tab bit below Kain ^_^;;

Female : Freya. She is the only female character that was not so rumbustious and annoying :mad: ! She was quite a strong character, inside and out. She was the only female character that wasn't bothersome to bring along. Again, she's a dragoon, too ^_^

Now if I had to pick one only, I'd pick : Squall.
Why ? Simple. He was... perfect :love:

Pu the Owl Aug 29th, 2002 07:33 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only supporter of Freya Crescent around here: she's my fave female character from FF games too, and among the ones I love the most in RPGs.

kupoartist Aug 30th, 2002 12:53 PM

whilst she's not my complete favorite, Freija's easily the best female in FFIX (I do like Eiko btw ^_^) and only really loses out to Vivi in the wider view of things. I really, really like the bit where she first meets Amarant (Salamander... whatever) and they face off an nearly have a fight. Hell Amarant's just so cool as well :happy:

As for Kain, I like him too: Dragoons are always very popular. I'm really hoping they'll put them into FFXI as a playable class...

Macceh^ Sep 2nd, 2002 02:59 AM

Yes I agrea Freya is the best female char out of the FF series and has in my opninion a great character theme :)

Lost_myth Sep 2nd, 2002 10:52 AM

I agree she's pretty cool and I like where she comes from. She difinitly has style.

Homeless Psycho Sep 9th, 2002 11:34 AM

The best character is of all Final Fantasy series is...........

Cid from FF7!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡!¡! ¡!¡

:frust:

Serin_Ries Sep 14th, 2002 01:13 PM

Cloud Strife is definately one of the best characters and Cid rocks too but Cecil as the Dark Knight from FFII is one of my favs. Graphics were a little poor but the character himself was awesome.

JC Denton Sep 14th, 2002 03:38 PM

ruffus!

but if you are looking for main characters, then irvine is your man,
if you want protananists then squall is best,

cid was cool,

Sword 4 Hire Oct 8th, 2002 03:15 PM

C'mon why havent the badasses of the FF games been mentioned like Auron or Seifer or ol Sephy...c'mon people!

Daedaelus Oct 8th, 2002 03:42 PM

Villain - Kuja.

Character - Cloud.