PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   San Andreas First Impressions (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8001)

Dactrius Nov 3rd, 2004 04:42 AM

Dang Billyum, you were a lot further than me at one point. I just completed it last night, I never thought the game would be that big!

That RC plane mission really irritated me too, I had to go back to it just before I did the final missions. I could never manage to complete the mission without getting shot up. The best tip I can give you is to land the plane behind the target and level up for a good shot. They go reeeeeally slow, so you shouldn't have a problem and they don't fire back or try to escape until you start firing. Once you're directly behind them, hold down the fire button and you should set them on fire really quickly, it takes about two seconds, because the machine gun is pretty powerful. The hardest part is flying the plane, but it gets easier with a little practice. Oh and remember, once all five targets are dead, you have to fly the plane back to Zero's roof, so make sure you have enough fuel left.

merylsilverburg Nov 3rd, 2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dactrius
Dang Billyum, you were a lot further than me at one point. I just completed it last night, I never thought the game would be that big!

That RC plane mission really irritated me too, I had to go back to it just before I did the final missions. I could never manage to complete the mission without getting shot up. The best tip I can give you is to land the plane behind the target and level up for a good shot. They go reeeeeally slow, so you shouldn't have a problem and they don't fire back or try to escape until you start firing. Once you're directly behind them, hold down the fire button and you should set them on fire really quickly, it takes about two seconds, because the machine gun is pretty powerful. The hardest part is flying the plane, but it gets easier with a little practice. Oh and remember, once all five targets are dead, you have to fly the plane back to Zero's roof, so make sure you have enough fuel left.

Yes, this RC mission pissed the hell outta me, I couldn't take it (if I continued, I seriously would've destroyed my TV set) so I just left it. I'm in Las Venturas now, I'm so happy to finally be over here. :D

dan da man Nov 4th, 2004 10:40 AM

Does anyone find the map a problem, the dots you got to drive to is yellow and is extremely hard to see at times, its yellow which gets camouflaged with the rest (others destinations and places), they should of kept it pink like vice cities nice and simple. :)

Zakk Nov 4th, 2004 05:09 PM

It doesn't bother me...I just press START and check on the map which way I'm supposed to go.

RobHardo Nov 4th, 2004 08:58 PM

if its hard to see use the marker thing u can have in the map so its a red dot over the yellow

merylsilverburg Nov 5th, 2004 05:10 AM

I think what dan was saying was that the map (in the menu also) is difficult to see because if you zoom in, there's a tiny triangle and it's such a massive map, so the tiny triangle gets lost in it all. It does bother me at times, but I just press start and check out the faraway shot of the map and then zoom in to see the route I gotta use.

Berserker Nov 5th, 2004 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan da man
Does anyone find the map a problem, the dots you got to drive to is yellow and is extremely hard to see at times, its yellow which gets camouflaged with the rest (others destinations and places), they should of kept it pink like vice cities nice and simple. :)

Agreed, I ended up driving to the wrong yellow dot at some times.

Daniel Legge Nov 5th, 2004 06:48 PM

i find the blue ones on the black road hard to see. But as someone said you can use the red marker thing to do it.

GameMind Nov 5th, 2004 08:45 PM

I always have to check the map several times :(

Daniel Legge Nov 6th, 2004 05:40 PM

Just wondering what button you have to press when jumping out of a plane to activate the parachute. Only done it once so i aint tryed much really.

Also i managed to steal and crash a trian, i was going thru flint i think it was and was going at top speed round a corner, all 3 carrigeages came off the rails, was very entertaining.

Dactrius Nov 6th, 2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Legge
Just wondering what button you have to press when jumping out of a plane to activate the parachute. Only done it once so i aint tryed much really.

As you exit a plane (Or helicopter), the parachute will be equiped as your weapon, so just use it as you would if you were to fire a weapon (the O button).

GameMind Nov 6th, 2004 10:04 PM

merylsilverburg, Dactrius :D you guys won`t belive it!! I`ve finished the RC planes from the FIRST try!! :phew: :roflmao: :roflmao: ( :alien: = me!).

Dactrius Nov 6th, 2004 11:40 PM

Wow, really? On your first try? Hey, well done! :happy: It's way better than I did on my first try. Congrats.

merylsilverburg Nov 7th, 2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMind
merylsilverburg, Dactrius :D you guys won`t belive it!! I`ve finished the RC planes from the FIRST try!! :phew: :roflmao: :roflmao: ( :alien: = me!).

Oh man, you're so lucky...I still have to beat it. *grumbles* Congrats though. ^_^

GameMind Nov 7th, 2004 12:16 PM

Thanks.. It`s all because of your advise ;)
I admit I was so luck.. in the last one I was about to blow up :D

RobHardo Nov 7th, 2004 08:38 PM

I've found myself not doing missions today..

All ive done is "pimp out cars" all day long.

I've hooked up a car(can't remember name, looks like a honda civic)
With a Black paint job, and yellow body kit. i named it the batmobile :-) and added a 10x nitrous. I tell u, that makes a biggg difference in speed.

Though I was i bit mad that u cant juice up trucks, seeign as ai have a truck, i was gunan have a san andreas rendition of it....
Of course maybe i could do another truck with same paitn job, but the monster truck is closest to to being like mine.

Might I recommend taking the monster truck down the hilly roads at top speed. good fun. and some good money as well.

GameMind Nov 8th, 2004 07:05 PM

Here`s a good Idie! paint a taxi in black or somethingand added a 10x nitrous.. just make it cool, and do the Taxi Jop as in the Taxi movie! :D.. feeling fun! ;)

Daniel Legge Nov 13th, 2004 07:09 PM

On a mission where but am told i need to have better swimimg abilities. Any advice other than just jumping in water and swimimg under the surface.

Thanks.

RobHardo Nov 14th, 2004 08:13 AM

just go under the water, add to ur lung capacity a bit, and go back.

dan da man Nov 15th, 2004 11:07 AM

HELP! I’m so stuck, so for all the people who are further than me please help..

******SPOILER******

LV HEIST******WOOZIE******KEY CARD

Okay, I've got that key card number off Millie, I've done all the missions so there are no markers left, where do I go now, I've been to gamefaqs.com to see if I missed a story mission I haven’t, the last one to do was stealing that armoured van with the massive helicopter, from the army base to your airstrip, now there are no more markers to go, no call of woozie saying did you get the key code, been everywhere looking to progress, please research you memory and tell me what to do next, this has drove me crazy, thanks.

I can't remember how to them spoilers. :blush: