PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Comics And Anime Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cowboy Bebop movie? (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5298)

Hero Mar 9th, 2003 05:58 AM

I understand what you mean, but what you don't understand is that Anime isn't the "thing" here. Most of the people, aside from myself, that are into anime, are considered outcasts.

It's not just because of anime. They do whatever they do on their own accord, to one degree or another.

It's more or less, what people expect of you when they meet you. I'm hispanic, but when people meet me they expect me to know every Spanish word by heart and know the entire culture. When I tell people I'm American because this is where I was born, if they're foreign, they expect me to cuss all the time and drink and always party.

Granted, I do know the party people and I sometimes get dragged into the main stream culture, I have always been secluded by my beliefs.

There are things I believe in that would haunt even a best friend. I get sick of meeting people and both of us acting how we expect to act. I meet an Asian person, and they listen to American rap music and have chrome rims, just because they think that in order to have an American friend, that's the kind of stuff they have to divulge.

The last girlfriend I dated, started dressing a certain way when we started dating. I stayed quiet on it, didn't compliment, didn't complain, didn't suggest. She got so frustrated, she started wearing different oriented outfits every day of the week.

Monday she would wear Asian clothes, Tuesday she would wear American clothes, Roxy, Hot Topic... Finally she came out wearing a pink shirt with an exposing skirt and I just started laughing.

She broke out into TEARS!!! She started crying about how she didn't know what I wanted her to wear or how I wanted her to act. It took me a solid 2 and a half hours to explain to her that I wanted her to be who she is, so I would be comfortable with who I am.

merylsilverburg Mar 9th, 2003 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hero

I understand what you mean, but what you don't understand is that Anime isn't the "thing" here. Most of the people, aside from myself, that are into anime, are considered outcasts.
Yes, like I said before, I'm sorry for sounding like I know about this when I don't. And like I said before, it's because that I've heard people say that anime would be very popular over in CA, that's why I said that anime should be popular, but I guess it's really not after hearing a good explanation from you and Preventer Wind. I should really get my facts straight before I open my mouth. I'm sorry.

Quote:

It's more or less, what people expect of you when they meet you. I'm hispanic, but when people meet me they expect me to know every Spanish word by heart and know the entire culture. When I tell people I'm American because this is where I was born, if they're foreign, they expect me to cuss all the time and drink and always party.
Sure, I understand that. I'm Asian, so everyone I know expects me to know Kung-Fu and know how to speak Chinese and know every stupid tourist site in Asia...but that's not how it is at all.

Quote:

I meet an Asian person, and they listen to American rap music and have chrome rims, just because they think that in order to have an American friend, that's the kind of stuff they have to divulge.
But you see, that's how it is...especially with Asians. I mean, many Asians feel that they have to completely convert themselves into being complete Americans in order to be considered as "American" or have a friend.

Okay, but we're getting off topic here....the Cowboy Bebop movie is starting April 4, so those of you who are able to catch it, consider yourselves very lucky. :happy:

Hero Mar 9th, 2003 06:44 AM

I'm gonna catch it :D

I'm gonna catch it with a wide open mitt and I'm gonna throw any other movie out to the bull pen.

Okay so I obviously don't know anything about baseball.

I wanted Spriggan to hit the theatres here. That movie rocked.

Preventer Wind Mar 9th, 2003 06:54 PM

Quote:

I’m part asian myself (Korean) but I look nothing like one (Not to be racist because I am one myself). So people don’t expect much from me :laugh: But when I am with my dad or my sister (who look it) my friends ask if he is asian and if he eats fried rice all the time :laugh:

Oh yeah, Cowboy Bebop. Gonna dload it off Imesh when it becomes available or buy the DVD.

Quote:

I'm gonna catch it with a wide open mitt and I'm gonna throw any other movie out to the bull pen.

Okay so I obviously don't know anything about baseball.

I wanted Spriggan to hit the theatres here. That movie rocked.
:laugh: Oh boy... that has to be the worst sounding thing I have ever read :laugh:

Spriggan was a good movie but I wouldn't pay $9.25 (might have gone up) just for a ticket to watch it. Not to mention popcorn and a pop. That's like $18.00 dollars to go to the movies! It's a rip off like cable tv.

Hero Mar 9th, 2003 08:48 PM

Heheh, fried rice..

Hey it's worse for Hispanics. Me and my friends were playing football against the prep's of our high school. We were inter-racial basically, but the majority of us were Latino in some way... The ball went over a fence and they were all "Why don't you guys get it, you're probably better at jumping the fence than us..."

To put it short there was a misunderstanding between all of us.

ssjtrunks13 Mar 10th, 2003 11:40 AM

The only thing that I've done like the whole association thing is I forget the not all hispanic people are christian and/or go to church. Anyway, if I could go see the movie at the thaters I would definately consider myself lucky.

Hero Mar 10th, 2003 05:55 PM

I don't know about English voice actors though...

*Has sudden memory of Tidus whining*
AAGGGHH!HHHHH!H!!!!!!!

*sits up in bed, sweaty*

Oh god it was only a dream... Whew...

Chara Mar 13th, 2003 07:17 PM

HeI kinda did what I said I'll do in my first post and umm.. downloaded it. :right:

After watching the movie I want to know when does the movie take place cause its impossible for the movie to take place after the final episode of cowboy bebop. If you seen the entire series you should know what I mean.

ssjtrunks13 Mar 13th, 2003 08:41 PM

I'll look for the movie. As for it taking place after the end, I know what you mean. How is it?

Reid Mar 14th, 2003 05:28 PM

It's supposed to take place between (I think) episodes 23 and 24 of the series.

I could be wrong but I remember hearing that around the time when it came out in Japan last year.

Preventer Wind Mar 14th, 2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reid
Well it has to take place before 24 since Faye and Ed leave. It has to take place after 9 since Ed wasn't there before.

merylsilverburg Mar 15th, 2003 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

Actually, I thought it's supposed to take place in between episode 22 and 23. :confused:

I think it's pretty terrible how they decided to make a movie after the series has been finished. And making it in between 2 episodes. :disturb: And considering the end...I dunno...for those who are "affected" by the end, it'll be kinda hard for them to watch this movie...and well...enjoy it.

Vicious_2003 Mar 20th, 2003 03:00 PM

I just want to say that Heros Banner is friggin awesome ! That is all

Vash Mar 24th, 2003 09:46 PM

Man I hope it comes to my town, I downloaded it off the PC but 2 hours of sub-titles I just couldn't take it lol.

Vic Viper Mar 26th, 2003 04:04 PM

wooohhhhooo !!! cant wait to see the movie next week..:love: :happy:

neerajamania4life Mar 26th, 2003 05:29 PM

Is cowboy-bebop japanese manga? If so do they have any movies out on dvd?(OLD ONES!!!!) what is it about and where can i watch it?

ssjtrunks13 Mar 26th, 2003 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vic Viper

wooohhhhooo !!! cant wait to see the movie next week..:love: :happy:
Where do you live? Well, I was wondering if anyone has seen any trailers for it and where.

Vic Viper Mar 26th, 2003 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Where do you live? Well, I was wondering if anyone has seen any trailers for it and where.
lol, look at my profile.:)

<---los angeles, CA..

go to the official site for the trailers

https://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/cowboybebop

happy_doughnut Mar 26th, 2003 07:13 PM

Are you gonna see it at the Nuart Theatre, Kin- em, Vic ? o.O;

Anyway, the trailors are pretty cool ^_^ I can't wait to see this, as well... just a couple more days. Yay ! :D

ssjtrunks13 Mar 26th, 2003 07:41 PM

I forgot to look at that Vic and thanks for the information on where I can find the trailers.