PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Action And Adventure (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tomb Raider is gonna 0WN! (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=5795)

dan da man Jun 15th, 2003 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vic Viper

ha, sucks for you guys, the game's hitting the stores this coming wednesday.:P :ghost:

Cool, give us a review aswell.;)

Infernal Mass Jun 16th, 2003 04:56 AM

BEHOLD!!

https://www.pipesmokerscouncil.org/gr...land_small.jpg

Infernal Mass Jun 16th, 2003 09:10 PM

Hey Vic, don't mean to be nosy or nuthin' dude..but where are you getting your copy from ? Do you go to EB or Gamestop or do you got other connections..

i called gamestop because i lost my ticket!..the reservation preorder ticket..and they told me that it's coming in on th 20th..

oh and computervideogames.com is saying it's been pushed back til the end of the month.. but i dunno if they're talking about the PC version or the ps2 version?..

dude if EB get's the game first i'm gonna be pissed..

it'll be the last time i buy from Gamestop..

except for Silent HIll 3 and Soul Calibur 2 w/ the artbook..and VF4 evo.

Vic Viper Jun 16th, 2003 11:12 PM

i usually go to gamestop to buy my games. my bad, i got the date mixed up, just called the store and they said its coming on the 20th. :ghost:

Infernal Mass Jun 17th, 2003 10:18 AM

the worst news i've heard so far is that it's coming out next friday. And the best news i've heard is that it's being shipped on the 20th that was from Eidos..

this game should honestly win some type of award for worst project ever...as far as distribution and delays go...

Eidos and Core design really need to like establish some sort communication..cause i mean this is going to probably set somekind of standard for sloppy project handling or something..

either this one or Duke Nukem Forever..

:disturb:

Infernal Mass Jun 18th, 2003 02:44 AM

check this out..

Quote:

I own quite a large games store in the south of the UK, and from what I've heard this morning the REAL reason TR has been delayed is that....(BRACE YOURSELF) Eidos didn't want to lose any media attention to the launch of the new Harry Potter book this weekend.
Make of that what you will.

:roflmao:

then he goes on

Quote:

My info came from a VERY reliable source....think about it, this game has got to get into the distribution chain by tuesday next week at the latest, there's no way that there are bug fixes to sort with 1 week to go before release to distributors!!!
Believe me this game IS DEFINITELY sitting in a warehouse ready to ship.
This is a PR thing, pure and simple.....and to be honest kind of understandable

It's funny and all..but i mean Eidos is capable of such decisions. Look at how the movie release and the game are about a month apart...

If this is true , Eidos should really give thier PR department a pat on the back for being asshats.

merylsilverburg Jun 18th, 2003 04:08 AM

Hmm...I actually stopped caring when this game is coming out. :disturb: But since I saw this thread at the top of the page, I thought "Hey, why not?" and clicked here.

So now, my question is: when is the game coming out? :peoples:

Infernal Mass Jun 18th, 2003 10:19 AM

welcome the best thread ever made Meryl

:borg: you are now part of the elite few...

We're all out of chili dogs and balloons, but i found a pretty cool "welcome to the best thread ever gift"..

here you go..

https://207.21.243.204/images/8295.jpg

it's a Chuck Norris, Missing In Action Autograph.

Here is an update ..From Reuters News www.reuters.com :

Quote:

Lara Croft Video Game Launch on Shaky Ground
Tue June 17, 2003 02:00 PM ET
By Bernhard Warner

LONDON (Reuters) - Uncertainty looms over the launch date of the new Lara Croft video game, a title crucial to British publisher Eidos's financial prospects.

Already delayed twice, "Lara Croft: The Angel of Darkness" is slotted for a release on June 20. But that's looking less likely, a company executive told Reuters on Tuesday on the sidelines of an industry conference.

"June 20th is the latest date, but there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out as we rush to the finish line," said Stuart Cruickshank, chief financial officer for Eidos.

"It's in the 'maybe or maybe not' mode," he added.

The game has to be in stores by June 30 in order for the company to recognize sales for its current financial year, which closes the last day of the month.

Analysts have been awaiting word on whether Eidos can get the game out in time, saying a July launch or later would doom its key sales targets for the year.

Cruickshank said he was confident the game would hit store shelves in the next two weeks. "We don't see a fourth delay," he said, adding the company has been providing retailers with "minute by minute" release updates.

The game, which was developed for Sony's PlayStation 2 and for the PC format, is undergoing final checks to determine if there are any last minute bugs to rectify.

He added that the company was comfortable with analysts' estimates of an initial shipment between 1.5 million and 2.5 million units worldwide.

Industry observers have grown increasingly curious about the whereabouts of Lara Croft, easily Eidos's top-selling franchise with 28 million units sold.

The game is expected to get a lift next month when the movie Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, a Paramount production starring Angelina Jolie, makes its July 28 box office debut.

Vic Viper Jun 18th, 2003 04:33 PM

** chuck norris ** :roflmao: :roflmao:

on a good note

Quote:

Tomb Raider goes gold

Eidos has completed work on the latest game in the Tomb Raider series.

Eidos has officially announced that the PlayStation 2 version of Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness has gone gold and will be on store shelves as early as this weekend in North America. This announcement dispels earlier reports suggesting that the game would be delayed so that the development team at Core would have additional time to squash a few remaining bugs in the game. Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness once again features Lara Croft as the main character.

For more information on Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, check out our previous coverage of the game.
Lara Croft on the 20th:blush:

Infernal Mass Jun 18th, 2003 09:54 PM

finally Eidos has spoken!

*sits down and waits*

merylsilverburg Jun 19th, 2003 06:50 AM

Thanks for the info, guys! :happy: Alright, so June 20...I can wait some more. :laugh:

BTW, thanks for the...uh...pleasant welcome gift, Digi. XD Chuck Norris....:lmao:

dan da man Jun 19th, 2003 02:24 PM

Eidos you are a JOKE, putting it back once agian!! (July now!!) No way!! I hope the mags and critics sluaghter this game, so they embarrase Eidos to hell, for such a long wait!

Infernal Mass Jun 20th, 2003 12:15 AM

https://gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280413

kittens&cats Jun 20th, 2003 03:26 AM

well still getting the tomb raider game even know i was mad
when keep delaying the game

Azuma_Ninja Jun 20th, 2003 10:43 AM

The funny thing is I saw a commecial for this game on tv the other day, and at the end of the commercial it said the game was already in stores. I'm just glad I'm not anticipating this game or else I prolly would've ran to the store after seeing that commecial.

Gadzoox Jun 20th, 2003 10:55 PM

It doesn't come out till June 23 in Ontario... poo.

goodman Jun 21st, 2003 04:16 PM

This games ownz joo and your momma's best friend... :roflmao:

dan da man Jun 22nd, 2003 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goodman

This games ownz joo and your momma's best friend... :roflmao:

:peoples: I think your drunk otherwise you work for Eidos.:laugh:

goodman Jun 22nd, 2003 12:57 PM

IGN has an ad saying its already out in stores, so even they are all tripped up... I havent played anything other than Everquest the past two months so im outta the loop either way...

Azuma_Ninja Jun 23rd, 2003 11:23 AM

This better be the best TR yet because EIDOS is really going to be hurting if this game turns out like crap. What's the excuse this time?