PsFantasy.com Forums

PsFantasy.com Forums (https://forums.psfantasy.com/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto Forum (https://forums.psfantasy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Serious flaws with GTA: VC (https://forums.psfantasy.com/showthread.php?t=4138)

mark0™ Nov 21st, 2002 06:13 PM

i know it is really realistic and all, but is it possible they made it too real, if it didnt totally blind me it would be appreciated by me, also, whats these stats things here on the side?? when did they get put on??

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark0

i know it is really realistic and all, but is it possible they made it too real, if it didnt totally blind me it would be appreciated by me, also, whats these stats things here on the side?? when did they get put on??
man I COMPLETELY agree with you. I mean, I'm all for realism and everything, but jesus h. christ, its a GAME, it isnt real life. its meant for fun and a time waster, not.. your everyday routine. its good that they put that realistic glare in. but good god its TOO much, its a game, they could of done less of it. it really annoys me and takes away from the game I think. they could of had glare, but not that extreme. maybe more like whats on every other game with sun glare, just some.. bubbly looking things, not eyeball cancer. jeez:shock:

mark0™ Nov 21st, 2002 07:13 PM

it might even be harmful to people with eppilipsy... I dont think they warned eppiliptics on the cover/manual...

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 07:19 PM

very good point my friend. very good point indeed. realism is good to a point. but dont go overboard with it eh? maybe rockstar will look over our forums and try to take the best and worst, and expand on it for the next edition.

mark0™ Nov 21st, 2002 07:23 PM

I think Rockstar (and any other companies involved in computer gmaes) could learn a great deal from the forums, its basically a market research to them here, apart from the random dribble lol.

sk8er_kyle Nov 21st, 2002 07:33 PM

I agree that the sun glare in vc sucks. But even with vc problems I still chose it over gta3. gta3 was good but it was nothing compared to vc. GTA3 had way more flaws then vc. No game can be perfect but vc is better than gta3.:ghost:

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 07:35 PM

its all opinions my friend. I think GTA3 compared to VC as a whole, GTA3 wins by a long shot. but if you're going to nit-pick, then VC would take the trophy.

mark0™ Nov 21st, 2002 07:35 PM

hey, i love GTA VC, my favourite game, its just the glare, of course it tops GTA3, when you think back of GTA3 and how "advanced it was" at that time, then you get VC, you can only wonder what the next in line has to offer.... sigh.

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 07:38 PM

this may be off the topic, but instead of starting a new thread.. do ya'll know if the Codebreaker is compatible with Gameshark hexadecimal coding? in other words, can I use Gameshark code lines with the Codebreaker?

thanks

mark0™ Nov 21st, 2002 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mark0

hey, i love GTA VC, my favourite game, its just the glare, of course it tops GTA3, when you think back of GTA3 and how "advanced it was" at that time, then you get VC, you can only wonder what the next in line has to offer.... sigh.
start a new thread on it, you'll get better results.

Beretta55 Nov 21st, 2002 07:55 PM

i argee with spank on this one. VC is a good game but i perfer GTA3. just the dark gloomy,rundown city really draw's me in. plus i liked the nameless and talkless thug thing they had going. i can call the thug me pretty much since he is nameless:laugh:

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by beretta55

i argee with spank on this one. VC is a good game but i perfer GTA3. just the dark gloomy,rundown city really draw's me in. plus i liked the nameless and talkless thug thing they had going. i can call the thug me pretty much since he is nameless:laugh:
I completely agree with that "me" thing. its good being God isnt it?

Beretta55 Nov 21st, 2002 08:01 PM

yes it is:laugh: it would be even cooler if the guy in GTA3 said "say hello to my little friend!!!" and then whip's out a shotgun....ahhhhh but i can dream:laugh:

furry_spatula Nov 21st, 2002 08:22 PM

It'd be neat, if you could sprint with any weapon :mad: or or.. like dub over your own voice, and make your guy say whatever you want. Like, record your voice saying "time for ol' painless" when you start firing the minigun. :laugh: :laugh: that movie was awesome.

Darkness 4 Hire Nov 22nd, 2002 01:23 PM

Serious Flaw is LANCE! Period end of story!

Beretta55 Nov 22nd, 2002 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darkness 4 Hire

Serious Flaw is LANCE! Period end of story!
rightttttttttt.....and would it hurt if i asked why?

dan da man Nov 22nd, 2002 03:25 PM

gta 3 u was a ganster working for mafia etc in vc u r like bloody james bond!:laugh: the some of the mssions in vc r like ganster mission but some r like james bond and terminator its like action man and hero not enuf gangster playing if u know what i mean!

mark0™ Nov 22nd, 2002 03:41 PM

you got it the wrong way around, your a total gangster in VC

a. You work opriginally for the Liberty City Mafia
b. You "intimitate" buisnesses
c. You extort buisnesses
d. You take over the town gangster style

furry_spatula Nov 22nd, 2002 04:17 PM

I see where you're pointing. but I like in GTA3 how you're that lone man. That has nobody. Keeps to himself, and does what it takes to make some money. you dont need anyone, you do what you have to do, nomatter what. I like the GTA3 characters style. Tommy Vercetti in VC is just too gung-ho. I like that.. laid-back quiet, ass kicking type. or something like that. I wonder whats for dinner

Infernus Nov 22nd, 2002 07:23 PM

I've been watching the thread and wondering why no one has hit on the fact that the maneuverability is still ATROCIOUS, and even though the targeting is better, it still sucks.

?

How is Lance a flaw? (besides the fact that he is a backstabbing, mentally impaired psycho) .:P