PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing

merylsilverburg
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:22 AM
Man, I just finished watching 10 episodes of this totally kick-ass anime, Hellsing. :cool: All vampire anime fans.....you GOTTA watch this! The music is so awesome too! Since this anime is a cross between Trigun and Cowboy Bebop....you guys can imaging what the soundtrack will be like. Hey, even if you're not a fan of vampires....watch it anyway! :laugh: Basically, this anime is about the Hellsing Agency, which is an organization that cooperates with the Angelican Church to fight off vampires and ghouls, and to protect the people of London. It is led by Integral Wingate Hellsing, the heiress of the Hellsing Family, and the main "hunter" is Alucard, who is a vampire, but obeys Integral's orders and fights for humanity. Alucard is no ordinary vampire....he uses a gun, but he also has this black magic which he can transform his body into whatever suits the fight. The story is solid, the drawings are crisp, the characters are great. I know the summary sounds really cheesy, but if any of you get a chance to check out this anime, please do, because it has a dark atmosphere and the anime is basically REALLY good. Ahhh....but it's fansubbed only. Well, just wanted to let you guys know in case any vampire fan is interested, or just looking for a fresh anime. :happy:

Pu the Owl
Mar 31st, 2002, 06:44 AM
I've herad this series is cool, but never had the opportunity to give a look at it :(

IcyMourdor
Mar 31st, 2002, 12:21 PM
I heard of this anime, always wanted to see it too. But, with my limited resources and lack of funds, I have let to get it. That Alucard name sounds familiar...

merylsilverburg
Mar 31st, 2002, 05:59 PM
I got my copy on Ebay, for about $20 with shipping and handling. They were Episodes 1-10+Special and I thought it was a good deal. Mine were VCD format, though, but it's really clear, though the subtitles were kinda puny at times. :right: Well, I'm not sure if this series will be licensed or not, but so far, I've heard no news of it being licensed. This anime is so cool though; it's kinda got that Resident Evil style thing going on, because of the pack of ghouls that are attacking the people. There's also another main character, called Celes Victoria, who is a police officer, turned vampire....:D Ah well, I'm sorry that you guys can't watch it, but if any of you get a chance, please check it out, it's really awesome and I'm pretty sure you guys will enjoy it. :)

EDIT: Gomen ne, minna-san :right: Hellsing is licensed. I just found out. The sources say it might come out October and November. Heh....well, at least some of you might get a chance then when it comes out. :happy:

Rei
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:00 PM
I've watched the first three episodes at my cousin's home (he bought the whole series from a friend for a ridiculous price because he didn't like it at all). From what I've seen the series is good, but I must check the rest of the episodes :D

BowevelJoe
Mar 31st, 2002, 09:44 PM
aye, i have heard good things too...cant find it anywhere though..and none of you guys are into anime sharing..ah well, i will get my hands on it somehow :)

Reid
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
I haven't seen Hellsing yet but I've heard nothing but good about it so far, so maybe I should check it out.

Cannibal Clown
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:34 PM
I recognise the name, but don 't know anything about it. I'll have to look it up later.

But like Mourdor, resorces here are limited.

BowevelJoe
Apr 2nd, 2002, 07:58 AM
aye, heard it was a pretty dark anime series, but hey you cant have super goofy all the time eh

Devil Snake
Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
sounds interesting

merylsilverburg
Apr 4th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
But like Mourdor, resorces here are limited.

That's very true. I spent an entire night looking for info on upcoming episodes and images, but there hasn't been much. I do have a few websites though:

http://www.hellsing.madtech.net/

http://members.optushome.com.au/hellsingcrucifix/main.htm

http://hellonearth.freewebsitehosting.com/

http://www26.brinkster.com/kikari/

Hope this helps!

BowevelJoe
Apr 5th, 2002, 11:55 PM
makes me want the series worse..arrg...i wish i could buy crap off of ebay :(

merylsilverburg
Apr 6th, 2002, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry, Bowevel. :( Since it's licensed, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it soon. I believe it's coming out in July not October like I said. :P