PDA

View Full Version : FFXI Europe : 2004?!?!

kupoartist
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Source : www.computerandvideogames.comWe knew we were going to have to wait for it, but this is ridiculous. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe president Chris Deering, speaking last night at a party in London to celebrate the sales of 2 million PlayStation 2s in Britain, confided that Final Fantasy XI is unlikely to ship in Europe until 2004.
Translation has been sited as one of the problems, but this is just ridiculous. The PC version better be developed con-currently (and released in English in the UK) otherwise FFXI Online Europe is just a dream. To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Square just scrap the whole idea for Europe. We've got a crappy Internet infastructure, and we have to wait for PAL and European translation.

Hylas
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

Translation has been sited as one of the problems, but this is just ridiculous. The PC version better be developed con-currently (and released in English in the UK) otherwise FFXI Online Europe is just a dream. To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Square just scrap the whole idea for Europe. We've got a crappy Internet infastructure, and we have to wait for PAL and European translation.

Man, that sucks! But it's true: our Internet onnection are terrible at the moment but they should get better during the next years. Translations are a stupid reason IMO. They should release an English version at least for European countries, doesn't matter if they can't translate the whole thing for every European country. Fans will play the game even if for example they're from France and the game is in English language.About the PAL question, well, I've always hated it a lot: I mean: we have to play the greatest part of the games after Japan and US for this reason!!! :frust:

Soul Angel
Mar 30th, 2002, 05:58 PM
What the!? :shock:

I thought how long it is taken for FFX to be released over here was bad enough, but this is just crazy!!! :peoples:
I wish Square Europe would but there act together when it comes to releasing games in europe.

Well I guess we've got a long wait on are hands then if FFXI won't be released until 2004 over here, if it is released over here in the end that is :disturb:

kupoartist
Mar 31st, 2002, 04:47 AM
My only hope is that the PC version will have the same almost worldwide release that FFVII and FFVIII had. But that may have not been affected by the Translation issues.

However a PC version has the advantage of a system that already is in place: significantly it was Sony Europe speaking, most likely pointing the finger of blame away from Square-Europe and it's Translation etc. Simply, the PS2 is yet to have the Internet and Storage capabilites in Europe (though this could be true of America as well...) whereas the PC has the luxury of all these things... as long as you have a good pc up to the job. (Ok, so that kinda disproves everything I just said :shock: )

nanjij
Mar 31st, 2002, 08:37 AM
im not that bothered
i saw a trailer of it and i thought it looked a bit shit

kupoartist
Mar 31st, 2002, 10:01 AM
Constructive Critcism I see :laugh:
Incidently the movie I saw was crappy as well.... though when you watch at 140x120 you don't expect to see much thats very very good :happy: (or indeed anything at all...)

Macceh^
Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
it really is ridiculous, and from what ive read evrywhere its nto really worth the hype especially is the pc version is going to be relased even later as i cant see many fans forking out the prices for hd modem ps2 connection etc.

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:12 PM
the PC version is shrouded in a ickle mystery really... a year or so ago, we were told that it was being developed alongside the PS2 version... yet we hear nothing of it in any press release. There will be a release however (the Japanese FFXI site says so :p) the PC release will most likely be released at the same time in both the US and Europe, given the state of Sony's European plans, I wouldn't be suprised if it is the PC version that we see first.

Soul Angel
Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:35 PM
There probably isn't alot of info on the PC version because if there was then most people (if not already) would more likely buy the PC version then the PS2 version of FFXI.
If that was the case then Sony would probably lose money where they were hoping people would buy the Hard drive and the internet connection stuff etc so they could get there PS2 online inorder to play FFXI

Hmm hope I didn't confuse anyone just then :p