PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Frame: how's it?

Quasar
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Since I loved Silent Hill 1 & 2 I was wondering if I have to get also Fatal Frame. But I don't like Resident Evil series. I suppose Fatal Frame has some resemblances with those two games, but I don't know if it's more similar to Silent Hill or Resident Evil, regarding story, gameplay and atmosphere.

Could you please help me choosing if getting it or not?

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Well, I ask the same question a couple of weeks ago, and I still haven't tried it! :laugh: A member here, goodman, said it was pretty good. I heard from a lot of mags that this game is much more frightening than Silent Hill 2 and it was a solid game, despite of using a camera which you have to power-up to defeat your enemies. The enemies are basically ghosts. :ghost: Anyway, even though I haven't tried it, I'd say just rent it first, then judge on how you like it. The opinions for games depends on everyone. If it were me, I'd rent it, but I just haven't had a chance to. I hope this helps. If you want more info, just check this link:

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=726

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Fatal Frame was amazing IMO. Not as much Silent Hill 1, but a lot better than any Resident Evil game I've ever played. It has not much in common with RE, while it's more similar to the style of Silent Hill.
I've heard many people saying they're not attracted by this game because of the usage you have to do of the camera, but I think the idea is pretty original and very different from the one of other famous Survival Horrors.

If you like the genre, just go for it ;)

EDIT: don't know why exactly, but the general atmosphere of this game reminded me of Lain. I know Lain is completely different, but when I first played it I thought: "That's really reminds me of Lain" and couldn't find why. :confused:

Mercury Shadow
Mar 29th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I heard from a lot of mags that this game is much more frightening than Silent Hill 2

I heard the same. I'm surprised it's rated Teen if it's so scary. Maybe it's because everyone isn't getting chopped to bits and getting cut to pieces with machine guns (?)

Hylas
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Does anybody know if Fatal Frame is going to be released in Europe?

BowevelJoe
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:35 PM
i have no idea..sorry Hylas... hmm so its an ok game, i might check it out sometime..

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:13 PM
Well i offically played the game and i can say it freaks the heck outta me,way more than silent hill.Me and my friend are on the second night now but we had to quit because the game had to be taken back to the rental store.Anyways this game is wicked i suggest you go buy it because i am.

BowevelJoe
Apr 6th, 2002, 11:47 PM
sweetness, good tosee they can make a good scary game without making it rated M lol..

Uchiha Sasuke
Apr 8th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Man i just realized the game shares similarties with the movie 13 ghosts.

merylsilverburg
Apr 13th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Well, I finally got around to playing it last night and......I can't continue. I'm so freaked out......heh......I'm not one for horror stuff, so I tried it, I got to the part where Miyuki gets the message "There are more ropes now" and blam! I turned it off. The reason why, is because I'm a huge believer in ghosts and crap like that, so that just freaked me out. My imagination just went berserk and I couldn't take any more. Yes, I'm a friggin' coward, but I don't care......:right:

The Boondock Saint
Apr 14th, 2002, 12:02 AM
i think fatal frame is freaky as shit. i believe in the paranormal because it is completely viable. i recommend playing through it at least.

it's rated Teen because it doesn't have all that much blood and gore in it at all. it goes for pure cerebral scares.

happy_doughnut
Apr 14th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Yeah, it's a really creepy game. There was this one shot when the ghost is right in your face you feel like it's gonna pop out of the screen. Man, did I get chills that night. A very good and original game indeed.

merylsilverburg
Apr 14th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Yup, this game is pretty original, especially the fact that you don't really have a "weapon". And yes.....this game is freaky as hell. Someone's gotta tell me what happens at the end of the game, because I cannot go through with it. :heh:

merylsilverburg
Apr 17th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by goodman
Played for a couple hours or so today, it does has some scary points, but nothing to be totally freaked about, Meryl.

Well, since I believe in ghosts and the supernatural, this is pretty freakish to me. :right: I've played Resident Evil, but I didn't really like it because I couldn't get used to the controls and I personally just don't like survival/horror. :heh:

Infernal Mass
Apr 18th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I think i know what game to get next now.Besides i want another Tecmo game in the library, they always seem to deliever quality.

merylsilverburg
May 7th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by goodman
Meryl, you will be glad to know your not the only person who had a hard time playing Fatal Frame. Here is a thread from GameFaqs http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=12405&topic=2854522 . I have beaten it twice now and am two thirds of the way through a third time. The game is wild for sure and never lets up on the chills you get! Ive invested real well in my last two ps2 games with Shadow Hearts and Fatal Frame, two games with incredible gaming value.

Thanks, goodman. Now I don't feel so bad. :laugh: Could you tell me what happened, because I really want to know, but I don't want to play it! :heh: You can PM me the answer or you don't have to, it's cool. :cool:

kamari-ice
May 15th, 2002, 06:20 PM
I played the Fatal Frame Demo, and it scared me.
I liked it.
Check the game out.
Trust me, I am picky about games.

Mana
May 16th, 2002, 09:37 PM
I'd like to know if Fatal Frame has multiple endings like Silent Hill :confused: