PDA

View Full Version : Cool FORUM FEATURE

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:50 PM
I was just checking out the forum and i noticed if your in general chat as an example and you goto the bottom on the left side click the drop down menu and go to who's online or something like that it shows you whos online and where they are at at that moment i just thought that was cool and would tell you about it if you didn't already know that

007_JamesBond
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Thats cool man I didn't know that, more interesting stuff on this site

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:55 PM
I may seem like an @$$ but why did you start a thread for this.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:59 PM
ok where else would i put it and if you read the beginning it says i was checking it out and i thought maybe some other people would like to know

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Umm still a senseless thread and could've went in help and faq forum.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Why are you making such a big deal about it i have seen worse thread that you and other people start so i wouldn't start sssnake and its not that big of a deal and why are you wasting post after post on stupid things like that all you would have to do is tell harry if you think it should be moved

007_JamesBond
Mar 29th, 2002, 04:11 PM
it is over and done with big deal, its up and who cares if it is senseless to a degree but what ever

Spirit
Mar 29th, 2002, 05:54 PM
it's a good feauture, but you can incorporate more hacks into it =P

IcyMourdor
Mar 29th, 2002, 07:40 PM
This feature has been here since the old forums, if I'm correct. Please don't start yelling at SSSnake, he was doing what he needed to do as a mod. If you have problems with one of the staff, please keep it to PMs, don't post it for all to see.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Him doing his job as a mod but don't get me wrong he doesn't mod that channel so he has no reason to say anything and post short useless posts just to point that he thinks its useless and i dont think that feature was on the old one since this is a new kind of software, and like i said before if he felt that he didn't need to make useless posts instead he could've told harry or fortune and have them move it instead he took easy posts to add to his count so thats the only reason i was speaking to him about and i don't remember yelling at him for it

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Umm still a senseless thread and could've went in help and faq forum.

Don't get me wrong SSSnake, but since many members haven't noticed the same thing, I don't think the thread is useless.
Now they know there's an option they can use and before they were ignoring this thing.
I moved the thread here, which is Help & FAQ Forum, so that's the right place and there's nothing wrong in this thread IMO.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Hey you guys need to lay off. I didn't know about this feature and so to me, the thread was useful. You guys are starting to p*ss me off with your antics.

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
You guys are starting to p*ss me off with your antics.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Hey you guys need to lay off. I didn't know about this feature and so to me, the thread was useful. You guys are starting to p*ss me off with your antics.
That is what is driving me away from this forum

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:28 PM
SSSnake mods the Other Consoles forum and Mourdor mods the RPG. Why not save your "righteous judgment" to the forums you've been designated. I've seen too many "this is pointless" type replies to non spam threads. It just really gets under my skin.

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Yeah Sleazy is right: you should moderate your Forums and warn someone only when bad things happen.
And BTW, I even post stupid things sometimes.

You should report to Mods of the right Forum when something bad happens, not telling everytime you don't like something "This is a stupid thread" when for someone else it's useful and interesting to read.
If you don't like the thread, just go ahead, but don't judge every sinlge time you have the opportunity. This is not what mods have to do, right?

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Well, I'm seeing both sides to the story, and I understand Sleazy's point about the moderators enforcing their rules on "useless threads" and I also see Mourdor's point in that a moderator should be able to point out "useless threads" in other forums besides the one they moderate. However, I still say that just because a moderator or whoever think that the thread is pointless, doesn't mean you have to criticize the person who made the thread. This is supposed to be a friendly forum community. We don't want any arguments or disagreements or hate between members. I think that everyone should respect what topics are put out. For spamming, that's another thing.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Ok maybe i shouldn't have said anything in the first place.Sorry i caused so much freakin trouble,but i think alot of people already knew about it so that why i bashed it.Anyways im sorry and wont open my big mouth anymore.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor

Just because it is not spam doesn't mean it should be a thread.

I'm afraid I disagree. It's not up to you to decide what topics should be posted. If it's not spam or offensive people should feel free to post whatever they feel like discussing. I've seen threads posted by you that don't interest me in the least, but I'm not going to tell you that what you've posted is stupid or pointless. I just move on to other topics. I don't want to see members leaving because they were made to feel stupid.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Lets leave this alone.I was the first one to argue with it and for that im sorry,i'll never do it again.So please people lets quit fighting.

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Anyways im sorry and wont open my big mouth anymore.

Ahhh! You shall open you mouth ( to be more precise: you shall use your fingers), nobody wants you to shut up forever :laugh:
I think everyone got the point.
As meryl said, this is a friendly community, and nobody wants troubles or hatred. We just have to be in the "middle" when we have to criticize. This is for anyone, not only for the ones involved this time.
We all make mistakes, and it's great when we know we made them and we admit our faults. This doeasn't mean everyone from now on is free to post anything without the fear of being warned by Mods :evil:

merylsilverburg
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:03 PM
You know, SSSnake, we didn't say that you couldn't give your opinions or anything, but just don't bash someone else's thread that you think is pretty pointless. I mean, if you want to know why someone decided to make a thread like that, just ask them, but don't mock them or make fun of them or anything. A lot of new members might not be familiar to this forums and the different selections you can go. For example, this one guy/girl wanted to know how to change his/her location, because s/he didn't like the one s/he currently had. But s/he had no idea whatsoever how to change it. I helped him/her out by directing him/her to the Control Panel, but I WASN'T like, "Oh my God, you don't know how to change your location? Doesn't everyone know that?!" So, some people might not know what the hell "Who's Online" is, or never checked it out, so Neo's thread was just there to inform people, that's all.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:07 PM
So please people lets quit fighting.

I'm sorry guys if I was being an a$$. I'm not mad at you guys. I just know what it's like to feel stupid and it's not nice. OK!!!! GROUP HUG!!!! :D

IcyMourdor
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Let me just say this ahead of time.

I apologize if I have been too strict recently. I'm not gonna make any excuses for my actions. I feel i have said too much already.

I'll try and stay out from now on.

Rei
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:12 PM

I'm sorry guys if I was being an a$$. I'm not mad at you guys. I just know what it's like to feel stupid and it's not nice. OK!!!! GROUP HUG!!!! :D

*MEGAHUGS and chocolate cookies for all*

;)

IcyMourdor
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:15 PM
COOKIES!!!!!

*runs to the corner and eats the cookies*

Thank you, Rei!

Mercury Shadow
Mar 29th, 2002, 11:10 PM
I didn't know about this feature either, and I think it's pretty damn cool.

I don't think you should leave just because of this Neo. Reconsider

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 30th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Im the whole problem.Maybe i should leave and then Neo could stay.Probably work better,i wouldn't piss everyone else off then

Hylas
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:00 AM
I think nobody should leave and nobody should be angry. This question is a great misunderstanding and we're making it bigger than it actually is.

Coming back to topic: I didn't know of the "Who's Online" Feature as well, because I've never used the scroll down menu.
Now I can see what every member is doing :evil:

Pu the Owl
Mar 30th, 2002, 09:17 AM
What happened?
My god...can't believe all this mess coming from this thread!
I mean: why?
I hope everything's been solved now among the members.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 30th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Everything is super! ;)

Reid
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:39 PM
Oh, wow.
I missed that whole argument.

But, I'm glad everyone is happy now.

:D

Cannibal Clown
Apr 1st, 2002, 07:47 PM
yeah reid, I just found it as well. It came up in the I'm leaving thread in General chat and I had to see what it was about.