PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best RPG?

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Which RPG do you think is the best one out there?

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:12 AM
FFX

But an RPG tht doesnt belong to the FF family, I'm right in the middle of Lunar: Silver Star Story and I'm loving every minute of it! So I'll go with that, it's got so much potential in my eyes

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:33 AM
I really like FFX too but the best im not sure im still stuck on which RPG is the best

IcyMourdor
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:18 AM
<=====Look here

I'm gonna have to say that Breath of Fire 3 from Capcom is ONE of best RPGs out there. The music is unlike any other. The main character has powerful abilities. Storyline is well developed. The problem is that the replay value is only average. You may play the game one day, and may wait two weeks to play it again.

Anyways, BoFIII gets my vote.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Ive never heard of it ill have to check it out is it anything like the FF series like the plots or setups?

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:55 PM
I played Breath of Fire III but I never gave it much of my time...but after I'll more than likely give it a go again

IcyMourdor
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Here's my intro
*WARNING Spoilers may be present*
As Ryu (my avatar), you live in a world of dragons, magic, and sorcery unlike any other. Ryu's memory and purpose slowly reveal themselves as the game unfolds--from his recovery from the bowels of a coal mine as a frightened baby dragon to his current life as a young adventurer with a ragtag group of friends. With the latent power of the Brood pulsing through his veins, Ryu faces everything from biological mutants to high-tech machinery as he struggles to learn the purpose of his powers and unravel the mysteries abounding in his world.

The battle system is pretty straight forward. First, you can set your party in different formations to help your characters. i use the Defense formation a lot. Defense is raised, but attack is lowered. Magic is learned by leveling or from Masters. Masters are characters you find throughout the game that will teach you magic and techniques.

This game is an older game, graphics aren't the best. Story and music are great & characters are developed well.

We have the game at Family Video, Neo. Just to let you know.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Kool im gonna have to go check it out it sounds like a pretty cool game

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 04:11 PM
The turning into a dragon thing sounds great!

Macceh^
Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:03 PM
aah god i remember playing that old classic bof3 :) alltho i neevr finished it as u say the replay value is appauling.

Hadoken
Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:30 PM
Your right, but guess what i`m doin?
Its been years since I last played BOF3, and now i`m playing it again!:D
Not sure how long i`ll be playing it though. I`m pretty much just rebrowsing my old games right now.

IcyMourdor
Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:45 PM
I told you Breath of Fire 3 is a great game.

jenova_jeb
Apr 4th, 2002, 09:36 PM
FFX is my favorite game. I haven't played any of the BOF games, but now that they're on GBA (1 and 2) I've been thinking about getting them.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 5th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Being somewhat halfway through Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, I think that this game has surpassed the first. The characters seem so much more developed and each have their own back stories, and the game seems so much more alive. The thing that I don't like about it is the constant dungeons. You can't walk 5 steps on the world map before running into a monster infested forest, you can't walk into a building without taking an annoying detour and you can't talk to a character before marching up 10+ floors of fighting, even though I may be over exaggerating I'm gettin sick of fighting! But good thing the story is so good and the characters are so enjoyable or I would've stopped a long time ago.

Rob Van Jam
Apr 10th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Check out Suikoden 1 or/and 2. They are the best RPG's (other that FF series) EVER!!!

happy_doughnut
Apr 12th, 2002, 11:29 PM
BOF3? I played 4 and didn't like it much...so I'm no fan. I'm gonna go with FF7 or 8 and let's not forget Grandia!