PDA

View Full Version : FFIV & V to be released in Europe

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:19 PM
According to www.thegia.com, and I quote:Following on the heels of the recent Final Fantasy VI PlayStation release in PAL territories, Square Europe has just announced plans to bring the PSone versions of FFIV and V across the ocean as well. It seems as though the two will be released in the same package together, as with the US Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles. No release date has yet been announced, but one should be forthcoming soon. Muy interesante (as they say in Spain!). It would seem Square Europe have finally discovered there is demand in the EU for games!

Now I wonder if we'll see Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve I, Xenogears and Einhander (all of which I have anyway 'cept for PE1)...

Maybe Square Europe ain't so bad after all!

- S

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high. Square will release the FFs, due to popularity and demand for it. However, as for the other games. It will all depend on the sales of 4 and 5.

Macceh^
Mar 27th, 2002, 03:48 AM
aye itll be good to see the rest of the series on the ps, its the same fact that square say they wont seel ff merchandise over in EU(except for import stores obviously).

kupoartist
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:28 PM
hmm... I was excited about this announcment, but I'm sceptical right now: In both recent instances of FF releases, the source for articles has been square-europe's site. Currently I see nothing offical on their site, which I find strange to say the least... But what the hell this is good news if true.

kupoartist
Mar 30th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Update: Still no Offical announcment on this however, in Square-Europe's Q&A section they have said twice: //SQE says: we will be making an announcement concerning the PAL release of FF4 and FF5 shortly. Seb SQE
So it would indeed seem a release of FFIV and V are very likely

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 30th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
Update: Still no Offical announcment on this however, in Square-Europe's Q&A section they have said twice:
So it would indeed seem a release of FFIV and V are very likely I must admit I was slightly sceptical, but www.thegia.com are usually very reliable - and given that Square Europe aren't exactly rapid when it comes to updating their site, I am pretty confident that we will see them.

And now you have provided the quote from the Q&A section, I can't see SE's announcement being 'Square Europe annouce that we will NOT be releasing FFIV & V in Europe' - that'd just suck lots of ass! lol

- S

Rob Van Jam
Apr 25th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Only Final Fantasy games are coming out in Europe.
So no Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve etc.
It says on there website.