PDA

View Full Version : Single or multi-player games

Phenom
Jul 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
I was watching the repeat for day 2 of E3 yesterday morning, and one of their discussions sounded like an interesting topic to talk about. I forgot majority of the conversation, lol, but do you prefer playing single player or multiplayer type games?

With me being the boring type that I am, I prefer playing single player games. Every once in a while I may get in the mood to play either a fighting game with other people (Dead or Alive) or a FPS (Halo), but that's as far as I'll go with multiplayer games. I stay away from playing games online with people. No telling how some of you can turn out when you lose, lol, or win for that matter. Although I haven't done it in a while, I do cheat. :D (only with your gloaters though)

Beretta55
Jul 17th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I'm a single player gamer by heart and have been for a long time. Not that I don't play multiplayer games or fear the competition I just enjoy games more by myself since I have a different playing style then the majority of the people I have played with. I play slow and methodical while my best friend steamrolls through games like he's trying to set a record. What takes somebody eight hours to beat a game, I take four or five hours hours longer then normal because I take my time and soak everything in and try to unlock stuff the game offers.

But ironically I am a big co-op gamer, which is my choice for multiplayer games. Trying to beat the main campaign of Gears of War with a buddy or trying to take on all the punks in a beat-em up like Final Fight has always appealed to me more then massive frag multiplayer matches like Halo 2 online. Then I enjoy fighting games as well, I'm not terribly good at them but my friend is no master either so we have always had even matches of skill which is really fun. So the only way you would see me as an "online gamer" is playing online co-op for a game or perhaps a fighting game online. Everything else like MMORPGS or FPS online frag games I really don't care for. I mean the only reason why I'm getting online for my 360 pretty soon is basically just the downloadable content, demos and co-op games whenever my other friend gets his internet connection back on. Otherwise you'll never see me in a typical online game like Rainbow Six or the Gears of War death match stuff, just doesn't do it for me.

So my point is at the end of all this talking, single player games for life. XD

tempted
Jul 17th, 2007, 07:56 AM
hmm... well, i'd have to say single player as well. I have alot more fun playing alone.. although it also gets boring after awhile... when that happens i either play fighting games or any sports game with either my sister or my friends. But yeah for the most single player games are better for me.