PDA

View Full Version : E3 07

Phenom
Jul 14th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Did any of you watch it? What were you excited to see? What impressed you the most or what games stood out the most? Did any of the talk about the consoles make you have a change of heart about them? (kind of a null and void question.) There were more questions, but I can't think of them.

I was excited to see the MGS4 trailer. I was blown away by it. Watching Raiden fight that guy who sort of resembles Vamp made me not even want to play as Snake anymore. (I'm probably the only one that feels this way lol.)

Other games that I found impressing was Timeshift, I believe that's the name of it. It's a FPS version of Prince of Persia, being able to freeze/slow time and whatnot. Heavenly Sword, although, the guy that was playing it plays like crap. Act like he can't talk and play the game at the same time.

Assassin's Creed looked amazing, although I'm a bit iffy about the gameplay. I didn't really care much for the fighting in PoP because of the slow reaction time I was getting, and it seem that this game is following in that same direction.

Bioshock was another one that was impressive, but it hasn't won me over. And although, I'm not a fan of the world war games, Call of Duty 4 looked crazy. And I'm no fan of the platformer type games with the goofy looking characters, but Rachet and Clank look good too. Oh yeah, can't forget about Halo 3.

Sony made me have a change of heart with MGS4's trailer, and the $100 price drop. However, at this point, I still have no real excuse to get one. All the games I can take my aggression out on is on the 360. But I will stop saying Sony's chances look bleak though. :) I still have no reason whatsoever to get a Wii though. Not saying it's a bad console or anything, I just don't like to buy consoles just for 1 or 2 games unless they're really convincing. (MGS4) And at this moment, I only see myself getting the Wii for Zelda, which I'd rather play on the Gamecube. (Which I'm not fond of.)

This years E3 wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't all that great either because most of the things it seemed like everyone was talking about was being able to play games online, or they kept showing games that struck any interest. (sorry GTA and Nintendo fans)

Vic Viper
Jul 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM
what, you didnt like Wii Fit? :irk:

anyway Rock Band is the game that really impressed me the most, playing that drum is going to be awesome.

also looking forward to Call of Duty 4, visually it looks gorgeous, and i know the gameplay will be awesome too.

Mass Effect is another game that looks to be a killer western RPG, its from bioware so i know its gonna be amazing.

from among the Sony games that was shown i liked Uncharted: Drakes Fortune the most. Killzone 2 trailer looks good, but still skeptical if the gameplay will be good.

oh the MGS 4 trailer was GODLY!!!!!! :drool:

Phenom
Jul 18th, 2007, 02:37 AM
^ No sir, but then again I haven't seen it. I turned the channel almost every time they decided to talk about consoles instead of games, and even then I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have liked it anyway. I'm a hard pleaser as well as a very picky person with no taste in games whatsoever, lol. I'm a boring person, and all that "innovative" stuff doesn't cut it for me.

merylsilverburg
Jul 19th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Did any of you watch it? What were you excited to see? What impressed you the most or what games stood out the most?

I have to say I was pretty disappointed this year. Nearly all the games were FPSs or other games that really didn't interest me at all. There was only one that seemed mildly interesting...I think it was called "Assassin's Creed" or something like that. Oh, and "Mario Galaxy" seemed funny and pretty cool but I haven't exactly been happy with the Wii so far so I don't know if I'm going to try it.

I was excited to see the MGS4 trailer. I was blown away by it. Watching Raiden fight that guy who sort of resembles Vamp made me not even want to play as Snake anymore. (I'm probably the only one that feels this way lol.)

YES! The MGS4 trailer was amazing! I had so many questions after watching it...like what is SOP? And why wasn't Raiden affected by the nanomachines or whatever it was that Liquid Ocelot activated? And was it Meryl who said that she was the one who injected the nanomachine-Foxdie colony into Snake? It really should've been Naomi instead because when would Meryl have had the chance to do that? But then again, the voice didn't sound like Naomi. Also, I wonder what it is that Snake sees when he activates his eyepatch? Oh and Raiden was fighting Vamp; what he said at the end "Could you be the one to finally finish me" was a giveaway. Since he survived at the end of MGS2, it's only appropriate he's in this game...plus, no one else can look like that :heh:. I loved how beautiful it looks, the creases in the soldier's uniforms, the shadows on the grounds and walls, the wrinkles on Snake and Liquid-Ocelot's faces, the expressions...it's too bad we weren't able to see gameplay footage but if the gameplay looks like the cutscene sequences then it's all good. :D