PDA

View Full Version : how long is ff6

nanjij
Mar 26th, 2002, 04:38 PM
someone said ff6 is 60 hours but i dont see how it can. ive done 28 hours and i feel like im at the end of the game.

after the world has been blown up and uve collected all the characters from other the earth wot else is there to do than kill kefka

please explain without spoiling

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 10:30 PM
I think that the way to get 60 hours is to get EVERY person to learn EVERY spell. Otherwise, FF6 will not take that long to defeat.

nanjij
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:43 AM
so i am at the end of the game?

kupoartist
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Have you got all the Espers? as a by-product of this have you defeated all 8 Dragons and Doom-Gaze? also does "all the characters" include Gogo and Umaro? also have you seen Gau's reunion? Cyan's Dream? Sabin finding Duncan? (Have you seen all Shadow's dreams :) )

The beauty of this game as I have often said is that it can be over very quickly: you are only forced to get Celes, Edgar and Setzer in your party before the final show down, yet there is a lot of stuff you don't have to do.

IcyMourdor
Mar 27th, 2002, 01:40 PM
I think I'm gonna challenge myself to that. Go though Kefka's Tower with only Celes, Edgar, and Setzer. Only people addicted to FF would try that. BTW: I don't own a GameShark.

Macceh^
Mar 27th, 2002, 02:38 PM
aah so it has the customery optional bosses?

nanjij
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
Have you got all the Espers? as a by-product of this have you defeated all 8 Dragons and Doom-Gaze? also does "all the characters" include Gogo and Umaro? also have you seen Gau's reunion? Cyan's Dream? Sabin finding Duncan? (Have you seen all Shadow's dreams :) )

The beauty of this game as I have often said is that it can be over very quickly: you are only forced to get Celes, Edgar and Setzer in your party before the final show down, yet there is a lot of stuff you don't have to do.

so thats a yes
well ive done doom gaze, ive got no secret characters, wot on earth is gau reunion, ive done cyans soul thing, i think ive killed shadow cause i jumped and didnt wait 4 him so i cant do his secret stuff. ive got all of the normal characters back apart from stago which im trying to do now.

wot level should i be. my best character sabin is level 43 is that 2 low?

kupoartist
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by nanjij
ive got no secret characters,
I'm not absolutely sure how to get Umaro and Gogo, as im yet to get there. Umaro is found in Narshe, and you need to have Mog in your party. Gogo is found on the Triangle Island... but im yet to look at a Walkthrough for this...
wot on earth is gau reunion,
Take Sabin and Gau too the Crazy Man in his hut (the one who asks you to fix his cooker or somthing...) and this sequence occurs. Its quite cute and Tragic at the same time...
think ive killed shadow cause i jumped and didnt wait 4 him so i cant do his secret stuff.
LOL must I sublimaly tell peeps that :) (You didn't let Cid die as well? :D )just to check, was It Relm you found on the cave on the Veldt?
Originally posted by nanjij ive got all of the normal characters back apart from strago which im trying to do now.
Thats Very Easy if you have Relm.... ask if you need help :)

Edit: Some stuff I forgot:
Go to Thamasa with Relm and Strago (another optional Boss, plus Strago's best Lore attack)

Edit: Umaro: It's Umaro, the Sasquatch. After the end of the world, take Mog
up to the point where the Tritoch Esper was. Fall in the little hole
at the cliff's edge, and you'll land inside Umaro's section of the
mountain. When you enter the sasquatch's room, take the magicite.
Umaro will fight you, but will join you afterwards if Mog is with you.

Edit: Gogo (The Triangle Island)
If you go there before the world is destroyed, you'll find Intangir,
a sleeping Behemoth. Afterwards, the island is inhabited by Zone Eaters.
Allow your party to be swallowed by the Zone Eater. Inside you will find
Gogo, the Mimic, who will join your party

:Source: "Final Fantasy III FAQ" by Semaj the Spiceman:

Finally, I'm not entirely sure about your leveling question... I personnally won't go till I've got all the Espers. Have you gone to the Ancient Castle and got Odin/Raiden?