PDA

View Full Version : Top Games of 06

Phenom
Dec 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Heh, with New Years being around the corner, and me being bored, just thought I'd get a little feedback from everyone. I got this list from Gamespot so.. "shrugs"

Best GBA game - Super Robot Taison: Original Generation (Beating out Drill Dozer, Final Fantasy V, Scruge: Hive, and Super Robot Taison: Original Generation 2)

Best Nintendo DS game - Elite Beat Agents (Beating out Clubhouse games, Metroid Prime: Hunters, New Super Mario Bros, Yoshi's Island 2)

So far I haven't heard of most of these games.... Maybe I should've went to IGN.

Best PSP game - Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (Beating out Daxter, Mega Man Powered Up, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, WTF)

Best Gamecube game - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Beating out Baten Kaitos Origins, FIFA 07, Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy, Tomb Raider: Legend)

Best Playstation 2 game - Final Fantasy XII (Beating out Bully, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, MLB 06: The Show, Okami)

Best Xbox game - NCAA Football 07 (Beating out Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, FIFA 07, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, NCAA Football 07, Toca Race Driver 3)

Best Xbox 360 game - Gears of War (Beating out Dead Rising, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, Viva Pinata)

Best Playstation 3 game - Resistance: Fall of Man (Beating out Call of Duty 3, Fight Night Round 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Ridge Racer 7)

Best Nintendo Wii game - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Beating out Madden NFL 07, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Trauma Center: Second Opinion)

Best PC game - Company of Heroes (Beating out GTR 2, Medieval 2: Total War, Neverwinter Nights 2, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)

Game of the Year - Gears of War (Beating out Bully, Company of Heroes, Dead Rising, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy XII, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, Viva Pinata)

That's their list. What are yours? (Give reason btw)

Because I had a huge set back this year pretty much. (Not landing a job.) The only game that I've played that came out this year was Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. (I'm not even sure if that came out this year) So that's my game of the year. I didn't pay much attention to the story, but the graphics were pretty ^_^. Sometimes it can be a little edgy while in the middle of playing the game because I look forward to being able to use the surrounding enviroment, but there's nothing there that you can use.

The soundtrack is nice. It fits the game.

Controls were nice even though it's your typical button masher. For once I wish Capcom made an Onimusha game where you can jump.

Difficutly. While the enemy A.I. is nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry 3, the enemy A.I. in this is definitely no slouch either though. That is when you start facing off against stronger / advance version of your normal genma's. And when they start swarming you, you'd start to wonder when they'll let up.

That's all I can give. Hopefully 07 will be a little leninent on me so I can try out some newer games.