PDA

View Full Version : What made you choose

Zebraman
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:24 PM
What is that made you buy your first Sony console? What were you looking for when you had to choose to buy Playstation instead of another console? For those owning more than a console, would you support Playstation in the future or are you going to change your mind? Or are you still undecided?

Beretta55
Aug 26th, 2006, 06:19 AM
For me I go where the good games are, not where Sony/Microsoft or Nintendo personally go as a company. As long as these systems put out good games I will buy their systems, some sooner then others.

I will still get the PS3 despite it's price and how unimpressed I've been with Sony as a whole lately. But this doesn't mean right away more a few years down the road I will purchase one. I don't let console loyalty come into play for me, since all it does is limit me from good exclusive games on all consoles, I play games for entertainment not to be a companies cheerleader.

So yeah I follow that road, play all the good games you can regardless of platform. :)

kupoartist
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:06 AM
What is that made you buy your first Sony console? What were you looking for when you had to choose to buy Playstation instead of another console?
Final Fantasy VI. Which doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it.
For those owning more than a console, would you support Playstation in the future or are you going to change your mind? Or are you still undecided?
I can have a new PC, or I can buy a Playstation 3. I've always been a PC gamer so it's a no brainer. It has taken me since the launch of the PS2 to accumulate a grand-total of 6 games, so I'm really just better off waiting until 2012 picking up the console and a backcatalogue of games if i'm really that interested.

Meiko
Aug 29th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I choose because I like the games. I never buy a console right after the release, I wait longer, this way I also can choose when interesting games are in stores. I usually go for Sony and Nintendo for this reason: because I like their games more. If the PS3 will keep on delivering games I like, I will buy it when the price is more affordable.

Redpyramidhead
Aug 31st, 2006, 02:37 PM
I had a PS1. It's pretty much as simple as that. I loved both the games that I owned and the games that I rented on that system. At the time, the games spoke to me a lot more than anything the N64 had to offer, excluding a few titles. The PS1 was the systerm for more mature gamers and when the PS2 came out before XBox and the Gamecube there was no question in my mind that I wanted the system with the next level of gaming with the same type of games as soon as possible. The Xbox and the Gamecube werent quite out yet when I picked up my PS2 and I wasn't waiting for something that had not proved itself to me yet.

This time around, with the XBox 360 out and the PS3 and Wii on the horizon, the game is totally different. My decision is not so simple. Chances are, I will be able to afford an XBox 360 way before a PS3 will even be available to me, much less affordable, and nobody knows what is going on with Nintendo's Wii.

I have played enough of the XBox to know the 360 has and will continue to have killer games and will probably continue to have the best library after getting a year headstart for quite a while. I will definately get a PS3, but it wont be for about another year or so. I just dont have that kind of money for something that will probably come in second this time around in the console race. Not right now.

_RED_

merylsilverburg
Sep 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
What is that made you buy your first Sony console?

Playing a demo of "Battle Arena Toshinden" in a Blockbuster store back in '96. I thought "Wow, I gotta get me a Playstation!" Since I never owned/played any games before, Toshinden, which may be crappy now, was really the most magnificent thing I'd ever come across at the time. :blush:

What were you looking for when you had to choose to buy Playstation instead of another console?

My parents wouldn't allow me to buy more than one console, otherwise I would've liked to buy both a PS and an N64...at the time, the N64 had this really neat looking game called "Wave Race 64." I would see it advertised on TV and I thought it looked great, but Toshinden really appealed to me more.

For those owning more than a console, would you support Playstation in the future or are you going to change your mind? Or are you still undecided?

It depends on how the games go...like most people who replied, I rely on the quality games not because of the brand. Seeing as how "MGS4" is the only game I want for the PS3, it's more than likely I'd get it just for that, but I think I'm leaning more towards Wii because of the nice lineup of games they have. In the future, if Sony continues to dish out consoles without great games to back it up, it's a possibility I might not support them anymore.