PDA

View Full Version : PS3 titles that get you excited!

Berserker
Jul 28th, 2006, 02:44 AM
More and more info is coming about the games that are gonna be released on the ps3. Besides the for me obviously interesting titles of VF5 and Killzone 2, I'm really exciting by the looks of Tony Hawk's project 8 and that extremely cool Half-Life 2 package.
HL 2 is probably gonna be the first game that I'm gonna get on the ps3.

Here's an IGN article on some of the cool features in the package:

Clicky clicky (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/721/721542p1.html)

Here's some info on Project 8 by IGN:

Micky micky (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/720/720734p1.html)

So what games are you getting excited over?? Share share!!!

kupoartist
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:35 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4, and I can't see that being a PS3 exclusive in the long-run. They're be too many PC and 360 users to ignore that gap in the market, especially as with the current PS3 pricing, and its late release, there ammount of people with those other two systems will compare far more favourably than PS2/XBOX/PC compared when they took a risk on MGS2.

So basically, I can't think of a single excuse to rush out and buy a PS3 on launch. A year or two down the line, I may be ready to consider it.

Obviously, I couldn't care less about Half-Life 2 / Ep 1 / Ep 2 given that will I will have owned the former for a least 2 years and I can't imagine them getting the entire package out in time for me to buy Ep 2. Any graphical enhancements will probably be ported back to PC anyway.

As for Final Fantasy XIII: Nova way of Farming a Cash Cow, I could care less. It looks very tired, tried and tested. If they follow the emerging formula of 14 being a risk-taker, and 15 being a back to roots experience, I may become interested again. All power to me and my saving hundreds of pounds :)

Phenom
Jul 28th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I agree with kupo. I'm only impressed with MGS4 and Heavenly Sword at the moment, but I'm not too estatic about them at the same time either. Honestly, I'm not too thrilled about any of the games that're coming for the ps3. Maybe it's just me though, seeing that I've been losing in games as of late.

Berserker
Jul 31st, 2006, 01:42 AM
What do you guys think about Resident Evil 5? I know it's not a ps3 exclusive, but the game in general as the first next-gen RE??

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2036

dan da man
Aug 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
^I'll get it on 360, but yeh can't wait for resi 5.

MGS4 is the only title that has caught my eye so far on the PS3.

Berserker
Aug 7th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Friend of mine got TH project 8 on 360, but returned it the same day...so I never got to play it... :frust: He didn't like the fact that it was so unrealistic... :laugh: He never played any Tony Hawk game before I assume.

jjmoohead
Aug 13th, 2006, 02:34 AM
For me it has to be Smackdown vs Raw but it wont be out till this time next year. RE6, FFXIII, MGS, GTA4 just like everyone else. And of course the EA lineup.

Vic Viper
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:16 PM
i cant believe nobody has mention Assassin's Creed, shame of you people. :shame:

Berserker
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:18 AM
i cant believe nobody has mention Assassin's Creed, shame of you people. :shame:

Well convince me that it's worth to get excited over then :laugh:

kupoartist
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM
All I know about Assassin's Creed is that it's rumoured there will be a PC version. So if I was to find out that it is a game I'm supposed to be excited about, We'd would be right back to square one :P