PDA

View Full Version : Your hardest RPG

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:50 PM
This has probably been used on several occasions but which RPG that you've ever played was by far the hardest...that took you forever and you seriously thought about giving up on after the countless deaths?

I thought that ffIV was very hard, I'm having a hard time finishing that ...and currently Lunar:Silver Star Story is giving me a run for my money

x157anz
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Icewind Dale for the pc by far.
I got a bit into the game then every fight i had a nearly died. the story was hard to understand i was low on health and these bosses just started attacking me. i uninstalled it straight away.
People say its impossible to complete :disturb:

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Im having some trouble with final fantasy X because i didn't get more experience so i started over just to be able to compete some what with the enemies.

Hadoken
Mar 24th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Star Ocean: the second story...
I`ve yet to finish it..:disturb:

IcyMourdor
Mar 24th, 2002, 08:11 PM
I'd have to say FF4 was my hardest. It still takes me a while to finish it.

This game is pretty fun to play, even though I know almost everything about the game. This game will give you a challenge, but only if you get the hard version.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Which is the hard and which is the easy Mourdor?

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:04 AM
final fantasy tatics was a hard game and perghaps vandal hearts 2

jenova_jeb
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:34 PM
The FFIV hard version is the one on Playstation in Final Fantasy Chronicles. I played that one, and had the worst time with it. I beat it, but I had one heck of a time doing it. When I was at the last boss, I had to level up for 13 hours just so I could finally defeat that friggin jerk. I really should have got the SNES version :disturb: .

IcyMourdor
Mar 25th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Yes, the version released with FFC was the hard one. The one for the SNES was the easy one and the only one released in America. Only Japan had the choice of hard or easy at that time.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 25th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Then maybe I'll buy an snes and get that version...or isn't there something I can download from the internet that will allow me to play it on my comp?

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that the emulated FF4 is also the hard version. Maybe you can find an Easy FF4 emulator

JC Denton
Mar 26th, 2002, 04:02 PM
i thoght zelda oracania of time was immpossible. but then its not really an rpg.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 26th, 2002, 07:34 PM
I thought navigating through Zelda Ocarina of Time's dungeons were very hard, but all in all I didn't have too much of a hard time with the rest

JC Denton
Mar 27th, 2002, 05:24 PM
i could probably do it if i tried for ages but there is one more key i need in the water temple and i just cant get to it whatever i do and now i have lost interest.

Srife
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:20 PM
The hardest game i have ever played is Vampire Masqurade for the PC it is the only rpg game/shooter that i have not beeten. I beat Final Fantasy 7 master materias and all limit breaks no book.Beat 8 no book. Beet 9 no book. Beat 10 no book.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 27th, 2002, 11:53 PM
I remember I had to use a walkthrough to get around the Water Temple, that is by far the hardest dungeon in the game!

MikeyMog
Apr 7th, 2002, 07:08 PM
I see alot of people putting ff4 as the hardest...you should try ff5..i think it was much more difficult...and the hardest console rpg would have to be ff tactics.

happy_doughnut
Apr 7th, 2002, 11:33 PM
I think that many of the older FF's were hard. Yet, I still think FF4 was the hardest RPG for me. Those puny little things always die. I don't think I'm even close to the end...

IcyMourdor
Apr 8th, 2002, 07:31 AM
FF5 is a cinch compared to FF4. FF5 has the job system, which will never let you down if you just level. But FF4 doesn't have that same ease. You have to be good to defeat FF4, the hard onw anyways.

Spirit
Apr 8th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Xenogears by far
the only rpg where I had to actually have a strategy for every boss battle or be prepared to die =P

JC Denton
Apr 9th, 2002, 03:03 PM
balsurs gate one was like that, i did it all eventually though.