PDA

View Full Version : How many?

Zebraman
May 21st, 2006, 01:33 PM
How many games you buy in a month and how many you rent? Do you ever buy a game you previously rented or renting is enough in any case? Ever regretted buying a game instead of renting it?

Phenom
May 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM
Wow, the last game I brought was Kingdom Hearts 1, and that was in February. As far as how many I buy, depends on if I'm really in the mood to buying a game or not. In my case, I only buy like 1 game every other month, or every 3 months.

I rent games on a regular bases/basis (w/e) though. Almost every Wednesday, or sometimes, every other Wednesday. Depending on if I like the games I rent, I will more than likely buy it, but for the last few games that I've rented....(last one being Kingdom Hearts 2... I beat it which is why I won't buy it) I may only end up buying one which was the 4th installment of Onimusha.

I've never brought a game before renting one, so I can't say that I've regretted it. Hold on, I'll take that back. Gran Turismo 3 and Onimusha 1. These are big hits, but I'm not really a big fan of the racing genre and Onimusha has that camera problem that resident evil has. And I can't stand it one bit.

merylsilverburg
May 21st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Ever regretted buying a game instead of renting it?

Three words: State of Emergency. Could this game be any more crappier? There was all this stupid hype surrounding the game prior to release (and yes, I was a victim of the hype) so I went out and stupidly bought it and regret it oh so much. The second game I regret would probably be God of War...of course, I actually did try the demo first, but it tricked me...totally tricked me with the Hydra boss. Grrr...:boom:

How many games you buy in a month and how many you rent? Do you ever buy a game you previously rented or renting is enough in any case?

Okay well it all depends on which games I want that are out. If it's games that I am sure I will like, I will buy them immediately provided I have the dough. As for renting, I used to rent a lot until Blockbuster started carrying less and less games I want to play. So now I rent from Gamefly and I have about 15 games in my Queue right now. I would only buy a game that I have rented if the game still stays in my mind for a while. Like Onimusha, I rented that first and played a little of it then returned it...but it stayed in my mind and I found that I really liked it, so I went out and bought it. Yeah, so that's how I work.

Berserker
May 22nd, 2006, 02:51 AM
I've never rented a ps2 game in my life, probably because the videostores have a crappy line-up around here. I really never regretted a game, I only buy a game when it's released when I'm 100 % sure about(mostly fighters) and all others I buy when they are cheap to pick up. Come to think of it there's SOCOM ll that's been laying around for almost a year untouched mainly because it takes an insane 3MB of memory to save, so I'll have to clean up my cards first. But I don't regret buying it, cause eventually I'll play it.

DSgamer
May 23rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
I've never rented a game and I only buy used games that are below 20 dollars so i buy around 5 games a month depending on what's on the used shelf

REChick14
May 24th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I rent once every few months. Im not a big renter. Im lucky if I get 1 new game every month. I rarely buy brand new games, only if I really really really want it then I will spend the $50 like TR: Legends or of course RE4. But other than that im like gamer and buy games $20 and under. Greatest Hits is my best friend.

Frozen
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I used to buy between 1 and 3 games a month about 3-4 years ago.

Now I buy between 1-3 games a year. Got into modded X-Boxes, so you know how that goes.

Redpyramidhead
Jun 9th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Three words: State of Emergency. Could this game be any more crappier? There was all this stupid hype surrounding the game prior to release (and yes, I was a victim of the hype) so I went out and stupidly bought it and regret it oh so much. The second game I regret would probably be God of War...of course, I actually did try the demo first, but it tricked me...totally tricked me with the Hydra boss. Grrr...:boom:
[/color]

But you said you played God of War through to the end. It couldn't have been that bad for you :) I love that game :D bwahahaha

Ummm... where was I? OH yeah. Im definately glad I rented Driver: Parellel Lines instead of just buying it. Was it the Driver that was gonna save the series?? NO!!

_RED_ stuff