PDA

View Full Version : Problems With PS2 Memory Card

elvin187
Apr 8th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Ok, my problem is, when i try to Add a setting for Socom 2 online it say's i have to format it? So i choose the yes i would liketo option and it say's succsfull. So when i try to add a connection again it says there isn't enough space. So i go to the browser and there it say's i need to format it. When i try to format it it say's un Succsesfull. It's an 8Gb PS2 Memory CARD. aNYONE GOT ANY SOLUTIONS?

elvin187
Apr 9th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Anyone's Help?

DSgamer
Apr 10th, 2006, 12:17 AM
how about, help me get an 8 gb memory card bro :)

Berserker
Apr 10th, 2006, 01:15 AM
All I know is that Socom ll uses a insane amount of memory space friggin' 3000 KB on a 8 MB card, I need to buy yet another card just to save my games(that must be the reason I still haven't started playing the game).
Don't know about the formatting-thing though, never experienced it. Maybe just clean up your memory card till you got at least 3 MB of free space??

kamari-ice
Jun 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Okay, I was going to tell you to format it at first, but then you said you did, and that didn't help, so...

Like Berserker has stated, try deleting game saves on the memory card. Game saves that you can live without. Then, if there's still a problem with the memory card...

Get a new one. You can purchase a 16 Mega Memory card at your local electronics store for just 26 dollars or less, and you can have double the space, for a reasonable price. You can also now get a 64 MB card, which is only 36 dollars.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=cat08189

But, you should check and see, all ways possible, if you can fix the memory card. Like Berserker and me have stated, try deleting as much game saves as you possibly can, and also live without. That's all I can tell you, bud. Since, you can't really take apart a memory card and fix it.

It's just sometimes, some memory cards are defected. Sometimes, there's just too many game saves on them. Hopefully, you can figure out your problem.

:)