PDA

View Full Version : DBZ What u think

wasat
Mar 24th, 2002, 04:39 AM
DBZ wat do you think about it

psyke
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:37 AM
It starts out very good, but then they wanted to milk it like hell
(I bet you all know it was supposed to end on namek)

The plot is horrible, and simple. I loved it at first, but its really too repetetive for my taste.

At first, it seems like a lot of action, but then you realize they talk for 10 minutes, exchange 3 or 5 blows and go back tot alking for another 10 minutes

The dialog is..pretty simple as well.

It was the first manga I actually got into though, and I think the comic is cool, but then...I saw the anime

Not the best animation ive seen, drawing wise, but it improves alot imo during the sagas

And what about the dubbing? ...ugh

Its better when they talk japanese, but then again, its even better in a comic.

I dont hate it, but i dislike alot of aspects of it.

And I dont like the fact that DBZ is EVERYTHING, from card games, to tampons.

Pu the Owl
Mar 24th, 2002, 06:08 AM
*applauds*
psyke perfectly expressed my opinion!
I have nothing to add but I have to agree on every single word of the previous post.

Blow_Me_909
Mar 24th, 2002, 09:58 AM
i love dbz and does anyone have dragonball gt finalbout?

jenova_jeb
Mar 24th, 2002, 11:31 AM
I love DBZ. The characters are cool, the plot is good. It's a fantastic series.

Reid
Mar 24th, 2002, 11:43 AM
I also agree with what Pyske said.

I liked it a lot for a while when I first saw it, but the more I watched the less and less interested I became in it.

:disturb:

The manga is a bit better though, because it doesn't drag on and on like the anime does.

But overall, I'm not a big fan of anything Dragonball.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:39 PM
I like it only when they're fighting...like psyke said previously they talk too much...just sheddup and get to the beat downs I say lol

MADRUCKIS
Mar 24th, 2002, 01:50 PM
True True
DBZ I watched faithfully for the Cell & Frieza Saga and I'm finishing Buu but it goes too damn slow. The fighting can be great at times but I do see a lot of repetition and you would think that the people would try not to milk it as much but hey....

I heard final bout sucked major butt. Funny thing is I played a DBZ arcade game the other day and you can pick Andriod 16 & 18, Dr. Gero, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Son Gohan, Vegeta, Goku, Piccolo, Cell, Krillan and yes......Mr. Satan(Hercule) rockin a rocket pack. IT WAS GARBAGE. The graphics were choppy as hell and the when I built up my power meter and went to do Big Bang with Vegeta, the creen told me what button to press but it was IN JAPANESE. I was like "Wait, what button is that?" and Cell decked me in the face. Stay away from that crap.............I warn you all..........be afraid!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 02:19 PM
I like DBZ and i like the plots ive been watching it since they were decoding the freiza saga and ive loved it ever since.

007_JamesBond
Mar 24th, 2002, 04:01 PM
I think that it is the best anime series in my opinion

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Im not sure if i could classify it the best but i really like blue gender too.

007_JamesBond
Mar 24th, 2002, 07:10 PM
I like blue gender too, it looks awsome I cant wait to see more, are you going to buy more of it?

IcyMourdor
Mar 24th, 2002, 08:45 PM
This is one of my favorites, but all i keep seeing is the first half of the Buu saga, so my DBZ experience is kinda being ruined. I should probably buy some.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 24th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Yeah does anyone know when they'll continue with the BUU Saga?

talon101
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:42 AM
i like dbz its cool
i like the saga where gohan's all
grown up
whats that called ?:peoples:

psyke
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:45 AM
The only good games for DBZ imo is the old RPG for SNES..

Talon, Cell saga?

talon101
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:53 AM
Cell saga?
cells dead
Suprem Kai,Goku,Vegeta and Gohan in some ship
and about to fight Dabura
Is that Cell saga?

psyke
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:58 AM
well thats the first saga Gohan was grown up in

talon101
Mar 25th, 2002, 04:01 AM
ok then
thats weird concidering cells dead and its the cell saga

wasat
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:28 AM
DBZ isnt all that good

nanjij
Mar 25th, 2002, 02:44 PM
yes they do keep u waiting 4 a good fight seen but when there is one it is amazing.
The build up is annoying at time specialy if theres only 1 episode a day and u cant wait to see what happens next.
1 bit in particular is the cell games when goku steps in the ring and hercule (mr satan) and his chums come along 4 another 6 episodes of intense waiting but that fight between goku and cell was amazing.
Its my favourite progarame on TV of all time. WWF comes closest but its getting very boring so dbz is a clear lead in my books

talon101
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:06 AM
i hate how they sit and talk for so long it anoying
but besides that its pretty cool

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by talon101
i hate how they sit and talk for so long it anoying
but besides that its pretty cool

They manily do that to add depth to the character and to showh how they act in certian situations.

JC Denton
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:25 PM
i like the build up almost as much as the final fight. after all if it was all fighting it would be very boring because you would not get time to see how nasty (or cool in vegeta's case) is.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 26th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I love the little speech that vegeta give to trunks right before he goes back up against buu.Very emotional moment.

Vamp
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:34 PM
not good to look at
me not like it

Rei
Mar 27th, 2002, 10:28 PM
After having watched nearly every episode of all three DB series I can say without a doubt: I hate DB. It's probably one of the worst anime shows I've ever seen :disturb:

psyke
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

They manily do that to add depth to the character and to showh how they act in certian situations.

haha, that was funny.

Carlito
Mar 28th, 2002, 06:34 PM
DBZ? Just a show for young kids IMO.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 29th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Hay some people like the show here so quit making fun of it.I can think of a thousand things to say about some other animes some of you people like.

Blow_Me_909
Mar 29th, 2002, 10:28 AM
i love dbz and now for some reason in toronto they started from the very beginning when they fight raditz.it is really boring now but at least the episodes are one hour long.

007_JamesBond
Mar 29th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Talon that would still be the Buu saga wouldn't it it is after Cell and they enter the ship to stop Buu from being resurected.

Hylas
Mar 30th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Sicerely, I don't like DBZ a bit. It's boring and not very original after Freeza. It's clearly based on the repetition of the same stuff till the end, with some little differences here and there. I loved DBZ for the first part of the series, but after Freeza I got bored and I lost interest in it.
When I have the possibility I prefer watching something else.

007_JamesBond
Mar 30th, 2002, 06:23 PM
could you predict that trunks would come from the future? or that Goku would sacrifice himself to save the planet, or that his son would become the strongest in the universe? (breif moment)

Cannibal Clown
Apr 1st, 2002, 08:48 PM
Okay, this is really pissing me off! :frust:
Every time we have a discussion about an anime, DBZ pops up, and it's like clockwork, a huge argument breaks out, with SSSnake and 007 againsed Fortune, Rei, and Hylas about how DBZ sucks, or how everything except DBZ sucks.

I feel that I'm the only one who like DBZ, but also loves the others like Cowboy Bebob, Evangelion, Escaflowne, and everything else that pops up.

Like I said a htousand time before. I like DBZ. I voted "Great" on the poll. I like it a lot. But I'm the only one who seem to be able to admit that there are flaws in the series when it comes to being repititious and exhausing. I acn even admit that there were a few cowboy bebop episodes that i found boring, and wouyld rather watch DBZ over.

All i want to say to everyone her is to respect other peoples opinions. If someone says it sucks, then let it be. The option was in the poll to begin with. This is why I brought up the "Why (Favorite anime)" thread, so that we could discuss what our favorite was and why, without everyone contrididcting everything anyone else says.

:frust: SO EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE F*CK UP ABOUT WHAT'S BETTER! WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIOPN AND LET'S JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT!!!!!:frust:

happy_doughnut
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:41 PM
I like it. I have to say though, that they were a lot better in the beginning. DBZ was still pretty good but as the episodes passed by they became quite redundant. DBGT sucked though. They just made it to make more money, period. Nevertheless, I still think DBZ is quite good, not the best but certainly not the worse either.

Pu the Owl
Apr 1st, 2002, 10:57 PM
CC, if someone asks always the same thing, it's obvious people will repeat always the same opinions.

Now, if you like DBZ and also other anime like Cowboy Bebop, and you always repeat it like others repeat the same thing about hating it or not, well, you can't be pissed for this reason.
Your comments are repetitive like mine or SSSnake's or anyone else's comments.
So, next time I'll probably lock threads like this one asking "You like DBZ or not", just to avoid repetitions :sarcasm:

007_JamesBond
Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:22 PM
that is one way to go Fortune, I am just saying that DBZ is one of the only anime that I have seen if and when I see more I will post my view points on the others

Indrid Cold
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:02 PM
DBZ is alright..
Metal gear solid's Better!