PDA

View Full Version : Release Date Update?

jjmoohead
Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Anyone hear any news on the release day update yet? All I keep seeing is March 2006. But then a source at EB games is telling me that it could be summer now or even later. Also is there any word on pricing? I have heard two things. 1) simular to other release days and that this one could be really expensive since its actually better then many of the computers available. I am buying this on release day, but I wouldnt mind knowing how much i have to spend and when I have to spend it.

Vic Viper
Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
Sony hasnt said a word on the actual release date of the PS3, my best guess is it will be realese this fall in the U.S. Hopefully we'll know more on this upcoming Playstation event late February. :shame:

goodman
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Talked to a guy at GameStop today, he said the ps3 is having a lot of technical issues. Dont be surprised if its not till either the end of the year or sometime next year for the release here in the U.S. anyways...

merylsilverburg
Feb 5th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I thought it might be Spring, but this kid I talked to at work said it might be sometime in August/Fall. We'll just have to see.

MakgSnake
Feb 9th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Ok This is what I heard from a Sony Rep. March/April might be in Japan. US will get the BIG 3 in Sep/Oct and Europe will see it in Nov/Dec. But then again, yeah these are not exact dates and all and the margin is wide to two months, but expect the Ps3 to hit the market during these months in the following riegons.

Vic Viper
Feb 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
here we finally have some news..

September release, and Xbox live like service called Playstation HUB

According to well-placed industry sources, PlayStation HUB will offer PlayStation 3 owners much the same services as Xbox Live, including chat, downloadable demos, independent games and online play. The service is also designed to support PSP online play as well as PS3. It's a departure from PlayStation 2's online strategy, widely regarded as vastly inferior to Microsoft's.

PlayStation HUB is being described to developers as a 'subscriber service' suggesting a monthly charge. We understand the service is being created by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, although this is unconfirmed.

Sony boss Howard Stringer is pushing for all media content to be available for distribution over PlayStation HUB, such as music and movies, thus opening up a powerful iTunes-like distribution network for Sony.

September launch ?

Developer sources are also suggesting that PlayStation 3 is currently scheduled to launch in September. A launch games release schedule seen by our sources states a September launch. Although the schedule does not explicitly state a hardware launch date, nor a launch territory, we understand Japan and U.S will both see the machine in September.

Some in the industry have taken this as a lead to speculate that September 16 would be a launch date in Japan (a Saturday before a national holiday) followed by September 21 in the U.S. These dates are not confirmed and, as always, launch dates are subject to constant revision.

A spokesperson for SCEA said the company does not comment on rumors. However, we understand Sony is preparing to announce HUB some time in the next few weeks.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2270&Itemid=2

merylsilverburg
Feb 15th, 2006, 07:27 PM
here we finally have some news..

September release, and Xbox live like service called Playstation HUB
I guess a September release isn't too bad, it allows the final PS2 games to settle in before the PS3 overtakes it. Plus, it'll give kids/people something to look forward to other than schoolwork during the Fall.

Berserker
Mar 29th, 2006, 01:49 AM
I heard it got pushed back a little(probably nov.) because of the worldwide-launch Sony wants for it.

Vic Viper
Mar 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I heard it got pushed back a little(probably nov.) because of the worldwide-launch Sony wants for it.

yep Global Launch in November, they gave us extra time to save up cause this thing will cause an arm and leg, w/ all the extra shit their adding in. :laugh:

Berserker
Apr 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, hdd and the lot. I hope it won't go over 500 €, cause then I'll wait with buying it. Any news on the controller, are they still going with the boomerang design?? If so I hope Hori soon will come up with some good alternatives.

kupoartist
Apr 3rd, 2006, 04:46 AM
yep Global Launch in November
They promised the same thing for the PSP but forgot to mention that by "simultaneous" they meant "we'll get round to Europe eventually" :P

Berserker
Apr 3rd, 2006, 05:44 AM
They promised the same thing for the PSP but forgot to mention that by "simultaneous" they meant "we'll get round to Europe eventually" :P

Yeah, like they say region-free discs, meaning US and Asia share the same code and Europe and Africa the other :shame:
I believe them when they say worldwide, but I think it's gonna be near impossible to pull off. Just look at the problems Microsoft had with distributing the 360's.

Vic Viper
Apr 3rd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, hdd and the lot. I hope it won't go over 500 €, cause then I'll wait with buying it. Any news on the controller, are they still going with the boomerang design?? If so I hope Hori soon will come up with some good alternatives.

the new controller will be shown at this years e3. so no more bananarang controller. :laugh:

Berserker
Apr 4th, 2006, 01:22 AM
the new controller will be shown at this years e3. so no more bananarang controller. :laugh:

Thank god, best news I heard in a while related to the ps3!
They just need to slightly adjust(or "pimp" as they say nowadays) the dualschock, I really like the bluetooth usage of the 360 pad, so I don't know what Sony's planning but bluetooth is a great option.

MakgSnake
Apr 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I heard that the DUAL SHOCK 3 could possibily look like the Logitech Ps2 Controller, just slightly different.

I also hope they change the appearence of the PS3 System itself, and PLEASE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, change the Ps3 logo (The Spiderman Logo). BE ORIGINAL SONY SERIOUSLY.

But atleast we know for sure its coming out in November 06. Phew.

Berserker
Apr 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I actually think the ps3 looks kinda slick, I love the shiny black one. Don't know about the logo though...

Phenom
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Any talk about the prices? I'm hearing that it might cost about $600 - $700... (That's almost a damn light bill.) I don't know. As cheap as I am I think I'm going to slide on this if that's going to be the price. I like Sony and all, but I don't like them that much.

kupoartist
Apr 6th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Any talk about the prices? I'm hearing that it might cost about $600 - $700... (That's almost a damn light bill.) I don't know. As cheap as I am I think I'm going to slide on this if that's going to be the price. I like Sony and all, but I don't like them that much.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=63780

Vic Viper
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:56 AM
JAPANESE GIANT Sony has rushed to deny claims that its new PS3 console will cost as much as €499-599.

The comments were made by Sony Computer Entertainment France boss Georges Fornay on a French radio station so it is a little hard to get out of it. But a spokesSony claimed that George had been mistranslated or misunderstood.

George was just chatting about the relative value of the PS3 as a Blu ray Disc player saying if it did come out at that price it would still be a good deal, the SpokesSony said.
"He summarised by saying that PS3 would be expensive when one looked at the current price of a video games machine, at far below 500 Euros, but extremely good value when looking at the BD and HD technology inside," he concluded.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=30851

:mean: