PDA

View Full Version : Real-life Movies

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Do you like the real movies they put in Metal Gear Solid?
I mean, those movies taken from real life, like the one at the ending of MGS (if I'm not wrong there were animals and lanscapes in it) :D

When I first saw them, I admit I laughed, because they looked something a bit out of place.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Yes, They Were Out Of Placed. But I Didn't Laugh On It. I Just Looked And Admired The Movie Which Was Being Shown. But It Didn't Look That Good Though!.! Kojima Was Just Showing The Beauty Of Alaska I Think....!....And Same Goes For MGS2, Showing New York City.!.

Theres Alot More Reasons Why Those Movies Were Shown. If I Keep Goin On...It'll Be A Long Post! :D

But Neways, I Liked The Movies....!.....And Now Its More Like A Metal Gear Style.... I Think Almost Every Metal Gear Game Would Have These "Real Movies" At The End Of The Game.!. A Unique Style I Would Say!.!

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 11:04 PM
In general Japanese people like a lot to mix styles and different things together.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Yup, Japs Are Amazing!.! Everything About Them!.! I Am Sooooo Impressed By Japanese!.! They Are GREEEAAAT

Dunno If They Are Good In Person Or Not

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Japanese movies are the best, since they work a lot on them, or at least more than americans. I really admire Japanese and their average 14 hr work days...

merylsilverburg
Jan 25th, 2002, 08:36 PM
I LOVE THE JAPANESE!! :D :D :D They are so great and about MakgSnake's comment about if they are good in person or not, the Japanese are very nice and respectable people. However, there are a few nasty ones out there, I mean, c'mon, this is the real world we're talking about. I know a few Japanese and they're so cool! But they all moved back, so I've lost touch with them. But, yeah....the Japs are so GREAT! I really love everything they do and their products are AMAZING! I especially love anime and the stories that they can come up with! :D

BowevelJoe
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:35 AM
yeah, its the culture diff, they are raised to work and go all out on stuff, americans are, well lazy compared to them lol.

Spirit
Jan 26th, 2002, 01:57 AM
exactly! Americans are really lazy compared to the Japanese, or 8hr work days compared to 14 hr ones. In the end I'd like to point out, that while the last movie in MGS2 was in NY and it might have been liked by japanese, this was not so in US, where we see that everyday so that was a mistake on Hojima's part.

MakgSnake
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:07 AM
Well...I Would Say.....He Didn't Show That New York Movie To Show New York.....But There Was Some Other Beauty Behind It.!.

(Spoiler.I Think)

Snake Was Talking About......Passing The Culture And The Tradition, Which Raiden Wanted To Know Why It Happened The Way It Did!.! As Snake Was The Narrator During The Movie, If U Listen To It Carefully, U'll Understand The Beauty Of That Video.!. It Had A Meaning.

Pu the Owl
Jan 27th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
the Japanese are very nice and respectable people.

I totally agree on this point.

BowevelJoe
Jan 27th, 2002, 05:43 PM
some are, some arent, but thats the same with any culture ya know lol..

MakgSnake
Jan 27th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
some are, some arent, but thats the same with any culture ya know lol..

Exactly!

Reid
Jan 28th, 2002, 02:11 PM
I like those videos.
I think they fit with the game's style pretty nicely.

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:33 PM
I Especially Liked The Movie, They Showed About DNA In MGS1, When They Were Talking About BigBoss's DNAs And They Showed A Man Wearing Blue Suit And Working On DNA, I Thought That Was Really Cool!.! My Fav I Would Say! :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:22 AM
Real-time movie are good in certain games and bad in others but i do agree that they are good in the mgs series