PDA

View Full Version : PS2 on a PC monitor?

kupoartist
Dec 16th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Is this possible? I ask because I'd like to take my PS2 back with me to Uni, but I don't like the idea of taking a 20 inch TV AND a 17" LCD monitor just for that privalege. Plus, I don't watch sh**ty British TV and I don't want TV Licensing in my room fining me £1000 because I've not got a TV license (£100 for the privalige of watching such quality television as "Strictly Come Dancing" is not my idea of money well spent).

I have a TV card that makes it possible (though it's horridly blurry), but without a TV license, I can't risk having that in my PC. Is there something more direct for hooking a Playstation 2 to a PC monitor?

Harry
Dec 20th, 2005, 01:21 PM
There are many third party VGA adapters for the PlayStation 2, but you should see the same (or worse) blurry effect with them. You can find them at very good prices from Hong Kong stores or on eBay. There are also more advanced converters like the XRGB2, but those cost more than a PSP or a Nintendo DS.

But I repeat, since these adapters just convert the signal from Video to VGA, there will always be a terrible loss of picture quality.