PDA

View Full Version : 2005 a strong year for Playstation 2!

Infernal Mass
Jul 31st, 2005, 07:03 AM
I just noticed that playstation 2 still has alot of ass kicking to do this year..check it out..

Shadow of The Colossus, Soul Calibur III, RESIDENT EVIL 4, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

:lick:

what are some of the games you are looking forward to that are coming this year?

RobHardo
Jul 31st, 2005, 06:18 PM
dont forget socom 3, and the recently out black hawk down(which is not as good as the pc counterpart but still neat),

Vic Viper
Aug 1st, 2005, 10:10 AM
yep, and it will still go strong well beyond 2005. Okami, FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII, Grandia III, and Kingdom Hearts II. :)

for me im really looking forward to Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. :lick:

Phenom
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:01 PM
You know, I'm not even sure what's coming out for the ps2. I've been banked on ps3. (MGS4 and DMC 4)

Let's see.... MGS3: Subsistence is one game I'm looking forward to, and Ultimate Spider-man I guess. (Isn't that suppose to come out the 12th of this month?)

kupoartist
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:06 PM
Sorry to say, but I don't share your enthusiasm. PS2 seems to be a dumping ground for overdue/delayed sequels, sequels to games I couldn't care less about, repackaged games we already own and ported games which appear in a downgraded and ugly form from what they originally were. Not that Gamecube or X-Box are any better off, but the next generation of consoles are overdue...

But then I'll be the first to admit that i'm this site's worst judge. My enthusiasm for the PS2 has been on a slide ever since I got it in the first place - I only own 5 games, I only actually like 2 of them (MGS 2 + 3). Oh well.

TtTackler
Aug 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM
I'm REALLY looking forward to Shadow of the Colossus, I loved Ico and this game looks incredible. A work of art.

I want Substinence for the online play, and Metal Gear is my favourite series.

I'm also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2.

That's about it.

goodman
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:20 PM
I think a big part of the reason this site and so many others are ungodly slow is due to the thin and weak lineup of games for all consoles, definitely the ps2. Other than Fatal Frame 3 (another sequel) at least it will be good, there isnt much out that i will be rushing to. Will probably rent Shadow of Colossus just to see if there is any buzz. I liked Ico a fair bit, for the five hours it took to beat it. Although the ps2 is the best of the consoles, the fun that i had playing so many original playstion games hasnt been shared with this system due to the lack of quality original games, but hey everybody has their own level of stimulation. Gives me a good reason to do other things with my time... :laugh: I will be getting a ps3 on release but figure i wont ever be into console games like the good old SNES, Genesis, Playstation days unless somebody starts making more original and fun games...

DSgamer
Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:27 AM
get a DS goodman, meteos is crack

goodman
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:50 AM
I love Tetris and my GBA, wont be buying anything more other than Sony, but thanks for the thought...

Vic Viper
Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:47 AM
I love Tetris and my GBA, wont be buying anything more other than Sony, but thanks for the thought...

dont listen to gamer goodman, get a PSP instead.

LUMINES is crack.:)

goodman
Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
1. I will only buy Sony. 2. I dont need a handheld. 3. Pretty much settles it for me...

DSgamer
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:52 PM
dude the ds is way better!
psp - 1 screen = teh fun X1
ds - 2 screen(s) = teh fun X2 (ughhhhhhhhh na na na na)

happy_doughnut
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:32 PM
My vote goes for the DS, but then again I am biased both for Nintendo itself, and also cause I want to play Nintendogs. :love:

Anyway, kupo has a point: The new system consoles are overdue. We have been for these for several years and sadly, the worst thing is that due to the limitations of the machines, most of what we get are rehashed versions of older games. While I am a big fan of videogame remakes, I have been really disappointed with some because they are simply not what they should be. Sometimes it is the lack of techonological sophistication and others because since they try to push the machinery more than it can actually go, the actual content of the game is lacking.

BUT, I am looking forward to some of these games. Obviously, I am anxiously awaiting the new FF, along with the new Grandia and Soul Calibur. I am also wanting to try out Okami and Shadow of Colossus. Like most of you, I also liked Ico. It wasn't a love of mine or anything, but it was fun because it was something different. A little too short, though. I should have rented it instead. :P

Oh! The other day I went to go get another copy of FF8 (...), and this guy told me something about a new RPG that was comming out. I wasn't really paying much attention though, so I missed the name. According to him, though, it's going to be one of the best RPGs for the PS2, and that it is due later this year.

He didn't mention any titles I know, though... hmm. Any idea which one he was talking about?

TtTackler
Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Oh, I forgot We Love Katamari! Can't wait for that one either..

PSP is by far a great system, worth the money, it just needs more games.

DSgamer
Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:00 PM
right now, if we look at ds n psp the ds has the best games right now, and the best game lineup, they need to stop making movies for psp n start making games, i want a reason to buy one

TtTackler
Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
right now, if we look at ds n psp the ds has the best games right now, and the best game lineup, they need to stop making movies for psp n start making games, i want a reason to buy one

The game developers have nothing to do with the movies. I still use it quite often for features other then playing games, mainly as a mp3 player during school [well, now that I'm out of school, just the few trips I've been on since then] and movies during trips. The web browser is awesome, but only useful when on the road. I wish I could listen to music while at work, I'm a cashier and can easily do my job without saying a word, but the company wouldn't like that..

Death Jr. comes out in a few days and I'll most likely pick it up if it gets good reviews.

DSgamer
Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:11 AM
yea but at 50+ bux a game? idk meng, and the UMD movies are bleh, unless ur into triple X...

Phenom
Aug 3rd, 2005, 09:08 AM
Lol. Well, I'm not into either. Maybe it's just me, but I never really cared about portables. I always thought they suck..... (I'm biased ^^)

Okami is that game where you play as a wolf or something of that sort right? If so, then I'm waiting for that one too.

Vic Viper
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:44 PM
this thread just got hijacked. :laugh:

anyway. best thing about the PSP are homebrews and emulators it can run.

^____^

Vic Viper
Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
yea but at 50+ bux a game? idk meng, and the UMD movies are bleh, unless ur into triple X...

FANBOY. :mean:

Harry
Aug 3rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, there are some pretty interesting titles coming out, but it is evident all developers'attention is focused on the new platforms. That is also why we started our work on the backend to turn Ps2Fantasy.com in a network of websites to cover all PlayStation platforms and offer new services - this could also generate one of the biggest increase in traffic for us, also in the forums goodman, since we will have many websites and one unique community with these forums, chat, and more services.

On a note, I won't underestimate the possible success of the PSP during the holiday season, which may influence many development teams used to PlayStation platforms. The first truly hot things for the small one have yet to come.

DSgamer
Aug 4th, 2005, 12:07 AM
FANBOY. :mean:

not really, im getting a psp as soon as better games come out like that one infected game, that game looks sick, but until then, my ds will be in my pocket everyday

kupoartist
Aug 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM
The first truly hot things for the small one have yet to come.
... like a goddamned European release?

Vic Viper
Aug 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM
not really, im getting a psp as soon as better games come out like that one infected game, that game looks sick, but until then, my ds will be in my pocket everyday

ok great. :) you must get lumines, its better than meteos. :laugh:

Vic Viper
Aug 4th, 2005, 10:49 AM
... like a goddamned European release?

PSP will be release in europe next month, i believe. are you buying one ?:)

DSgamer
Aug 4th, 2005, 10:56 AM
ok great. :) you must get lumines, its better than meteos. :laugh:

nothing can be better than meteos, but yea sorry if i seemed like a fanboy i was just pointing out that psp really blows right now and the UMD movies on it suck, except for predator. kupo dont buy one. buy a DS

kupoartist
Aug 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM
PSP will be release in europe next month, i believe. are you buying one ?:)
too little, too late. I couldn't care less about the PSP, especially in light of the piss poor treatment Europe has needlessly got. No games on it interest me whatsoever, and I simply lack the money to ever waste on one.

DSgamer
Aug 4th, 2005, 11:52 AM
so buy a ds

kupoartist
Aug 4th, 2005, 11:55 AM
so buy a ds
I find even less to like about the DS. My GBA will get me through if i'm truely that desperate.

goodman
Aug 5th, 2005, 07:02 AM
There will be a new Castlevania for the ps2 this November i will check out, no doubt rent, but that makes two or three new games i will probably look at this fall.

TtTackler
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Okay, gamer, we get the point, you don't like the PSP. I don't know why you are complaining about the movies though, you can easily downlo--errh..rip any DVD you own..and just use a simple program to convert and put on your memory stick. You can easily fit two movies on a 512mb. Either way, they are just starting to release classic movies on UMD, not surprised that a lot of crappy recent movies were released first. Kill Bill vol 1 [and soon vol 2] should be out, which are the only movies I'd like to actually purchase.

Also, to further the argument just for the sake of discussion, I've seen games priced between $30 and $40. Never as high as $50. I wouldn't say there arn't any games worth buying right now, there just isn't enough with a wide enough variety just yet. Death Jr. will break that trend in a few days.

goodman
Aug 5th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Without even thinking about it im sure the PsP blows the DS away many many times, the future is Sony's PsP in handhelds...

DSgamer
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:13 PM
bleh u guys are lame

Infernal Mass
Aug 6th, 2005, 06:26 AM
I think Sony made a good move by not rushing into the next gen, the ps2 hasn't even hit the 99$ sweet spot yet. Also ps2's are still selling rather well..and a good amount of quality software is still to come.

TtTackler
Aug 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
bleh u guys are lame

:laugh:

happy_doughnut
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Also, to further the argument just for the sake of discussion, I've seen games priced between $30 and $40. Never as high as $50. I wouldn't say there arn't any games worth buying right now, there just isn't enough with a wide enough variety just yet. Death Jr. will break that trend in a few days.

Most games I've seen for the PSP are $49.99. In fact, the only games I haven't seen with that price tag are those dumped in the bins, which are either used or games that didn't sell well.

I think Sony made a good move by not rushing into the next gen, the ps2 hasn't even hit the 99$ sweet spot yet. Also ps2's are still selling rather well..and a good amount of quality software is still to come.

Yeah. I'm surprised to see that up until today PS2s are still selling. I've seen many more of these sold than either the X-Box or the Cube.

I'm going to get a handheld this month. Classes are starting and I want to have something to do instead of just sitting there bored to death. :)

I have not yet considered getting a PSP. It may be because of the PS2, since I had oh, so many problems with it. I don't want to go through that again. And oh, I guess it also has to do with the fact that a friend of mine had one and let me play. I was playing for a while and all of a sudden the button got jammed. Turns out I broke it. Omg. What crap.

Infernal Mass
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah. I'm surprised to see that up until today PS2s are still selling. I've seen many more of these sold than either the X-Box or the Cube.

yeah last time I was at EBgames a dude in front of me was purchasing a slim ps2. A new xbox is kinda hard to find in my area, at least they were a few months ago..my friend was trying to find one for his niece, and had no luck at any of the major retailers or specialty shops like EB. The gamecube..well they are everywhere, yet still..

merylsilverburg
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Oh, I forgot We Love Katamari! Can't wait for that one either..

Yes, buy it, it's fun as hell. Much improved over the first game.

Phenom
Aug 29th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I just saw some show and it had some Marvel game on there. It wasn't X-men Legends 2. Marvel.... something.

Anyways, it caught my eye.

Infernal Mass
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:33 AM
The Shadow of the Colossus demo is in the new issue of OPM. It's getting positive impressions so far.

merylsilverburg
Aug 31st, 2005, 11:25 AM
The Shadow of the Colossus demo is in the new issue of OPM. It's getting positive impressions so far.
I was able to check it out last night after getting my issue. It was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it a lot. Now I want to play the full game but it won't be released till October.

Does anyone know which tall climbable surface the OPM people were talking about? I can't find it.

Berserker
Sep 2nd, 2005, 01:12 AM

How does the framerate hold up in the demo, is it as good as they promised? I just watched some of the trailers/gamefootage on gametrailers.com and I was amazed looks like a beautiful game with a cool story instead of just the big boss gimmick.

Faile
Sep 2nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
I just bought a PS2 again (Had one for a while but lacked time to play games so sold it), because there are a few games I really want to play during this generation of console, and everything is lovely and cheap(er) now; Final Fantasy X, Silent Hill 2, Metal Gear Solid 3. Should be fun!