PDA

View Full Version : Most emotionally drived ff

Macceh^
Mar 21st, 2002, 10:34 AM
well what are your opinions personally i think ff7 the whole aeris thing and the fact clouds a screw up :)

Im expecting a good response from artist :P

Spirit
Mar 21st, 2002, 10:42 AM
spoilers!!!!!

do you mean cloud messed up when he let aerith die?
if so yes he might have messed up by allowing that, but it was all a part of the story so no matter how bad it was, it made the game better with more story, etc

IcyMourdor
Mar 21st, 2002, 11:09 AM
FFIV

Every character has had something tragic happen to them and it really helps with the story. Let's just say that the final boss got a lot of people pissed off.

kupoartist
Mar 21st, 2002, 03:32 PM
hmm... for me FFIV could have been a very good emotional story for what Mourdor says, but it just feels so unbelieveable sometimes. The way the majority of your characters get blown-up/turned to stone and then magically come back to life just kills the game. Thank god for the invention of Party making...

FFIX is just about my favorite. That ending scene nearly made me cry (well when you work out that it is Vivi saying all those things...). Aside from that, the Rinoa floating in space thing (FF8), the Celes Suicide (FF6 - gripping also because the use of Yummy Fish!) and Galuf's death saving Cara (FF5 - names are wrong due to my ROM version...) are all sad moments. And no, the Aeris thing didn't do it for me.

Macceh^
Mar 21st, 2002, 04:57 PM
OMG is celes dead
i mean i jsut done that bit where she blast away those guards and u get cid died on that boss i didnt knwo she died :( tbh didnt get that much attatched to ehr shes not got a great storyline.

jenova_jeb
Mar 22nd, 2002, 12:48 AM
I'd say X.

SPOILERS

Yuna is willing to give up her life just so she can bring a calm. Tidus goes insane when he hears it. For awhile, they were in a completely lose lose situation. If she didn't die, there would be no calm. If she did die, she would give up everything. Her friends, her love, etc. And then there's the whole thing with Tidus and his Dad. Definitely the most emotionally driven game.

BlackThornn
Mar 22nd, 2002, 01:38 AM
Final Fantasy X, definantly.. Pretty much for the reasons stated by Jeb. :)

DragonSphere
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:14 AM
I agree with X. I thought its story line and ending was the most emotional one yet in the series.

BlackThornn
Mar 22nd, 2002, 11:00 AM
It was so emotionally wrenching (at times) because overall the plot was so freakin depressing!

Off topic... but I really hope it's not the start of a trend. >_<

kupoartist
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Macceh^
OMG is celes dead
i mean i jsut done that bit where she blast away those guards and u get cid died on that boss i didnt knwo she died :( tbh didnt get that much attatched to ehr shes not got a great storyline.

Don't worry :) she comes back after that anyways (after the gate is opened) Also she fails in her other attempt (and she only does it when you fail to save cid...) Although all this is getting a little into spoiler territory.

All i'm going to say is that you will get far more attached to Celes. She has a vital and central role to the story. (don't worry that you don't feel that attached yet. Shes not currently the main character :) )

Macceh^
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:32 PM
aah thnx m8 for restoring my faith in celes :P

I just done that part where terra tells you te tale of how she was brought up in the esper world.