PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Fantasy Soundtrack

Macceh^
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:11 AM
well vote and post your views! :)

BlackThornn
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:23 AM
I didn't know the soundtrack for 8 was availiable. Gonna have to get that, cause 8's music is the best. :D

Macceh^
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:39 AM
i meant the actual ingame soundtrack but yes ff8 soundtrack is available 32 english pounds 4 cd's :)

BlackThornn
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:00 PM
WoO! :D *is definantly getting that*

Macceh^
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:34 PM
heh :cool:

Soul Angel
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Hmm tough one because I like FFVII, FFVIII and FFX sound track (I liked some of the musics in FFIX but not all) but anyway I'm going to say FFX has to be my fave but FFVIII is a close second :)

BlackThornn
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Vice versa for me. ^_^ FFX had an outstanding soundtrack, but FFVIII is more my style. (One song I really didn't take to in FFX was the pop take on the crystal theme)

kupoartist
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:41 PM
The soundtrack for FF6 is infinetly superior to all those i'm able to play (FFX and Tactics are out for now then...). Uematsu definatly made somthing spectacular, and there are very few "iffy" tracks. Favorites are definatley "Tina" (Terra, the first world map theme)and "Searching for Friends" (The theme for the second half of the game.) Though the rest are nearly as good.

7 is a distant 2nd, as it has a few good ones ("Valley Of the Fallen Star" - The Cosmo Canyon theme is my favorite) and 4 is a distant 3rd to that "Main Theme of FFIV"(excellent world map tune..)

Apart from that, the other games are a little thin in the ground for great tracks IMO... only "Man With a Machine Gun" (Laguna's theme - FF8) and "Loss of Me"(Beatrix's Theme - FF9) spring to mind...

Macceh^
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:22 PM
the_artist i must congratulate you on an exellent round up of the best soundtracks and seperate tracks i couldnt of phrased it better myself.

Allthoguht nto yet that far on ff6 i particulary found the opera theme song good.

As for ff7 yes this has a good soundtrack with a few afves like cosmo canyon (like u artist :P) and aeris theme.

FF8 lagunas theme yeh i agrea good song and faye wongs eyes on me was brilliant.

Allthought tbh i prefered ff9's overall and i seem to eb the only one. Freyas tune just took me in and melodies of life just truley outstanding.

kupoartist
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:33 PM
I did leave out some stuff though :D
Namely the 4 vocal tracks on the PSX titles : One Winged Angel (FF7) Fithos Lusec Wecis Vinosec, and Eyes On Me (FF8) and Melodies of Life (FF9) all of which are really great tracks, particuarly Melodies Of Life, which sounds even better in Japanese :)

jenova_jeb
Mar 19th, 2002, 09:42 PM
IX for me. Melodies of Life is my all time favorite FF song.

IcyMourdor
Mar 19th, 2002, 11:45 PM
FFIV

The music is comparable to music from the late '90s. I found that whenever I hear this music, I get the urge to play this game and usually do.

I am still saving money to get the soundtrack, along with many other cds.

merylsilverburg
Mar 20th, 2002, 08:48 PM
FFVIII is the best. Absolutely the best. I love the entire soundtrack. I've got FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, and FF Tatics, but out of all of them....omigod, nothing comes close to FFVIII. The songs are so peaceful and sorrowful, and it makes me reminisce about certain scenes in the game. I especially love "Waltz Me to the Moon", that's my favorite song, next would be "Fisherman's Horizon". The main theme, "Eyes On Me" brings tears to my eyes; this song is very emotional to me. I love this soundtrack....:love:

BlackThornn
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:06 AM
Yes! Thank you, Meryl. I thought I was alone in my borderline obsession of FFVIII's music. :D

"Eyes On Me" was brilliant.. the way it recurred in different incarnations throughout the game.. I walked into the Shumi Villiage Inn and heard it and I was all "..!?!"

"Vithos, Vilosec" was my favorite, though.. my bud Tony thought I was a freak just leaving the game on pause during the parade scene before you go to Rinoa just to listen to it for a while.. *chuckles* That and the way it was integrated into the opening FMV. :)

Macceh^
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
my ff9 soundtrack just came :) amazing a couple of gooduns ill pick out are:

A song from ehr memory
A place to call home
Freyas Theme
Melodies of Life
Vamo alla Flamenco

Nobuo Uemastu did an amazing job with this masterpeice :)

kupoartist
Mar 22nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
I quite like the FFIX soundtrack. Not as rounded as my favorite (VI) but it definatly has its moments.

Current favorites include: Melodies Of Life (better IMO than Eyes On Me.) Kuja's Theme, Freija's theme (but then she is a dragoon...) both Beatrix's themes (Loss Of Me and Mystery Sword), You're Not Alone and most definatly Dark Messenger, which is just about my favorite FF track right now. :D

Macceh^
Mar 24th, 2002, 03:47 PM
artist ff6 is fast becoming my fave soundtarck the ending theme is enthrilling (note: not completed it yet just heard ending theme)

to update you im up to that biot where the airship crashes and you have that dinner party.

x157anz
Mar 24th, 2002, 04:52 PM
I have only heard 6 + 7
But i would vote 7. I just downloaded the MIDI files 132 soundtracks from the game and there all amazing !!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 24th, 2002, 05:21 PM
I like 7's sound tracks

kupoartist
Mar 25th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Macceh^
artist ff6 is fast becoming my fave soundtarck the ending theme is enthrilling (note: not completed it yet just heard ending theme)

to update you im up to that biot where the airship crashes and you have that dinner party.

Glad to hear that :)

Oh and as you'll be getting to that point soon: Don't jump of the floating continent until Shadow catches up, otherwise he'll be gone forever :shock:

DreamSharpShooter
Mar 25th, 2002, 08:41 PM
mmmmmm...i dont know much about soundtracks bur i like some tracks
my favorite is a fleeting dream from FFX, remembers me epic
escenes from many FF.....also fisherman horizon track, is very relaxed and nice...

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 12:41 AM
I thought that FFIX was also a very very very good sound track

Macceh^
Apr 12th, 2002, 01:17 PM
sorry ahd to bring this old fave up as i foud a new l337 song from ff6 caled searching friends a gr8 theme to arise after an emotional tale.

The Boondock Saint
Apr 12th, 2002, 10:03 PM
i think that FFVI is quite possibly the best videogame soundtrack ever.

you just can't beat kefka's theme. what a badass.

Indrid Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 07:49 PM
The Final Fantasy 10 Is the best Soundtrack...
:disgust:

RufusFF7
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:44 PM
This was a tough choice... i love the tracks from ff7 because they are so memorable. But 10 and 9 have the best peices IMO. I thought about it and i chose 9 because they more great tracks on it than 10 IMO. 10 has my fave FF track (Suteki Da Ne) but 9 has lots of great tracks such as: You're Not Alone!, Melodies of Life, and the Black Mage Village music.

Oh BTW they arn't songs.... To be a song they need lyrics... A few exceptions: Suteki Da Ne, Melodies of Life, One Winged Angel.

happy_doughnut
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:52 PM
FF8 of course! That game had an amazing sound track... ah yes, absolutely amazing. FF10 had a good one as well ( as did FF7 ), but , IMO, they don't compare to FF8. Lovely... lovely music ^.^

Indrid Cold
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:19 AM
and FF3...

Female_Vivi
Jun 13th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Final Fantasy X. Just listend to the blitzball theme and Suteki Da Ne.... Gotta fall in love with the music ^_^