PDA

View Full Version : Right now IMO ToCA 2 is still...........

FATT47
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
the best racin game out there.
I'm speakin mostly about the quality of the game for the online feature.
The career mode is ok, but the real fun of the game is bein able to go online and race real live racers from around the world.
The racin is as realistic as it gets with the damage feature, how your car reacts when it takes on some of that damage is what makes the game so good, without dents racin aint racin.

I kinda got away from playin ToCA 2 online for the last couple of weeks because of playin the new Mercenaries game, but the other day I went online and had at least an hour and a half of great racin fun with a pretty much a good group of clean racers.

That's the only problem IMO with online racin games so far, findin good clean fun gamers to race with.
It seems like the online ability turns some gamers into chest poundin wannabes.
Oh well, ya hope for the best I guess.

Drafter-T
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I have to agree with you on this. Not sure why the game isn't more popular than it is. The damage, the online play, the ability to play with anybody world-wide, the game is definitely the best sim racing game out now that I can think of.

As far as online jerks go, yeah there are alot of them, but really, IMO, it seems like most people in TOCA 2 try to race as clean as they can. At least the host has the ability to boot the idiots. That's a pretty cool feature.

One thing I like about Codemasters, they seem to want to listen to us. I got an e-mail yesterday from them with another survey type thing. And they had that chat session a couple of months ago with anybody in the US that wanted to go. Seems like they care what we have to say. Seems that way anyway, lol.

FATT47
Feb 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with you on this. Not sure why the game isn't more popular than it is. The damage, the online play, the ability to play with anybody world-wide, the game is definitely the best sim racing game out now that I can think of.

As far as online jerks go, yeah there are alot of them, but really, IMO, it seems like most people in TOCA 2 try to race as clean as they can. At least the host has the ability to boot the idiots. That's a pretty cool feature.

One thing I like about Codemasters, they seem to want to listen to us. I got an e-mail yesterday from them with another survey type thing. And they had that chat session a couple of months ago with anybody in the US that wanted to go. Seems like they care what we have to say. Seems that way anyway, lol.

Yeah, I don't think I get those e-mails ya do because I never joined that thingy there, can't remember what it's called, but I think you did it when ya wanted to post some of your times at the hall of shame or whatever it is :laugh:

I agree on there bein a lot good racers on ToCA, it's hard to drive with the camera angles they give us for online racin and not make mistakes, ya can't always see and know what another racer is seein and or thinkin, we try our best and if we make a mistake it's cool to just use the mic and say ooooops! Sorry bout that.

I can live with that stuff, it's the idiots who see a chance to take ya out and gain some position while doin it with no class at all, just take ya out, damage your car and pretty much put ya out of the runnin.
For those toad heads, I better not catch em or they will feel the wrath big time LOL

Drafter-T
Feb 5th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I posted a few lap times at the Codemasters web site. That's another pretty cool feature about the game, but I don't do that anymore since I'm more focused on control and patience now than I am how blazing fast I can get around the track, lol. Live and learn...

I haven't gotten a ton of e-mails form Codemasters. It's not like they are real intrusive or anything, but this last one made it sound like they are looking for more of a committee of gamers to give them feedback, which I thought was cool, so I filled out the survey. Not sure what will come of it though.

I've told them in the past that the main thing I want to see is a rear view mirror, first priority, lol. Like you said FATT, the camera angles make it tough to drive clean all the time in traffic.

I've also told them about the yellow mic names being in the way and that we need some better physics/handling for more classes than just the few we do have.

Hopefully there's a whole bunch of other people with similar suggestions and we'll see some improvements with TOCA 3. It's a really, really good game right now. It could be great very easily, IMO.