PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Sony, sometime back I.......

FATT47
Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
started gettin the dreaded Disk Read Error when tryin to play certain games, when I called Sony they said it was the first step in what would be a series of ongoing errors happening with my unit.

They had my unit on file as bein registered and informed me that because I hadn't sent it in for repair I was still entitled to the one time free repair for this problem.

All I had to do was make copies of the e-mail work order they sent me, box up my PS2 as per their instructions and pay for the shipping to their repair station.

They in turn would "repair it this one time" for free and send it back with shipping paid by them.

Well, knowin I would be without my PS for up to 3 weeks I went out and purchased one of the new small PS2's to have my gamin fix during this time and sure enough about 3 weeks later here comes my original PS2 repaired and ready to have as a back up.
I don't know if they actually repaired my unit or replaced it with a refurbished unit or gave me a new one, I don't care at this point, I only know I appreciate their efforts and consideration in making this right.

I would recommend to anyone who is gettin this Disk Read Error and hasn't taken advantage of this one time free repair offer to do so before you try correctin this problem on your own.

Thanks again Sony.

LeCrap
Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
Well, with me, they gave me back the system with the error the same, then a refourbished one that didn't worked. Then another. Then finally a new PS2 which I've had since.

FATT47
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Well, with me, they gave me back the system with the error the same, then a refourbished one that didn't worked. Then another. Then finally a new PS2 which I've had since.

What can I say, life aint perfect, I was treated good and my message about Sony reflected that. :happy: