PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guides

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I've only bought one strategy guide in my whole life since I usually like to figure stuff out on my own, but now I'm playing a game where I think it might help to have one.

The last time I bought one, it was a half-size version at Target for $10. The bigger ones are $15 and that seems too high to me.

2 questions:

Do they make the half-size versions anymore?

Is there a good place online where maybe I can get one cheaper?

Thx :approve:

Drafter-T
Jan 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Well, I've decided to hold off on getting a strategy guide, but I did do some checking and it looks like Walmart has the best online prices, but I didn't look into it far enough to see what shipping would cost. Maybe Ebay would be the best option, as far as I can tell right now anyway.

If anybody knows of a good place to get one online, I'd still like to hear about it.

Usually if I get stuck in a game, I just go to Gamespot and read the FAQ's, and that's free, so maybe I'll just stick with that.

But, let me ask another quesion, kind of a poll. Do you consider strategy guides or FAQ's to be cheating?

Personally, I'll try everything I can think of on my own to get thru the games, but if I get stuck or real frustrated, I sure don't mind getting some guidance from somewhere, but it does seem to cheapen things a bit. I wouldn't consider it cheating though, unless someone relied on that exclusively, without even trying things themselves. Just MHO.