PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 6 the opinions

Macceh^
Mar 18th, 2002, 03:18 PM
hey

purchased ff6 few days ago and soon as i cpied it up guy at the counter says

"aww best ff in my opinion played it on the snes"

so naturally i thought this is gonna be a classic and yeh so far i agrea its eben evrything i expected grant it took a bit to take off only really started to take off in the events leading to the opera scene.

From people talking in here and a few mates its suppsoed to have an epic storyline, now i can see it picking up now but taken its time i reckon ill grow to like it as the events leading up to opera sceen like i said places like zozo and the like just totally amazed me soundtrack has really took off.

Well just my views what do the rest of you think about the game if you just purchased it and how about the veterans who played the original?

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 18th, 2002, 03:24 PM
After I play Lunar I am so playin VII, I've heard nothing but good stuff. Oh one question, how's the battle system?

x157anz
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:10 PM
I havnt enjoyed the game that much so far (probably because im not that far).

how's the battle system?

Simple really. Mostly like FF7. but the graphics on the battle system is very pore (as you would expect) the enemy hardly moves its just like a photo. :ghost:

Macceh^
Mar 18th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Simple really. Mostly like FF7. but the graphics on the battle system is very pore (as you would expect) the enemy hardly moves its just like a photo.

well tbh i disagre i find the battle system to be quite intricate with each character having a special skill much like the ff9 system. Yeh the graphics arent brillaint but what you expect its an old snes game but by snes standards the graphcis were revolutionary. The summons/espers graphcis seem to pick the battle system interface better but yeh its a good game well recomended mate.

IcyMourdor
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Final Fantasy 6!

The has to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Characters: Each character has their own abilities, so you can customize your party completely the way you want it. Plus, with three hidden characters, the game will keep you going. Each character has their own story and reason for joining.

Magic: The magic system is kinda unique. Once a player learns a spell, you don't have to make him learn it again. No materia or things like that. Many spells with varing effects will help you.

Music: One of the best soundtracks I've heard. There aren't that many SFX and you'll hear the same ones over and over again.

If there is anything else you wish to know, just ask me.

Spirit
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:48 PM
ff 6 was by far one of the best ff ever. The battle system was great, as was the items, and story. It was really good for a long time, and it's sooooooo much better than FFIX, which was the complete opposite excluding graphics.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 18th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Oh sweet....ok here's my last, and most important aspect I look for in a game, I'm big on villains....so how's the one in VI? Isn't it a clown or something?

IcyMourdor
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:13 PM
The main villians name is Kefka. He dresses funny, but he isn't one to be reckoned with. He is actually a hard boss.

He doesn't become much of a player right away. Another main villian is Ultros, but he stops about half way in the game.

Macceh^
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:12 AM
i agrea the vilan does play a large part in how wellt he story develops if you have a poor villan then there doesnt seem much point in tackling him but im glad to say all the ff's ve played have decent villans including 6.

Kefka is one of those annoying guys you just wanna kill or something so it makes him a god villan imo.

Saying that i didnt really like Seifer villan wise he had all the aspects like he strides through the game with some cocksure atitude but i just didnt like him. :)

Anyway you will enjoy ff6 thoroughly recomended.

Soul Angel
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:12 AM
I haven't got really far let in the game but so far I think that it could be quite a good game.
The game has interesting characters in it and the music is really well done so I think this game is defintly one worth buying for those who haven't already got the game let :)

kupoartist
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:55 PM
FFVI is the best for me because it is by far the most free-form of the lot. The best example I can thnk of is how in the last half you are only forced to have 3 of the whole cast of some 14 or so characters... So unless for some reason you hate Celes, Edgar or Setzer you can actually choose to miss out all those characters you hate! Though quite why you could hate any of the cast is beyond me, as they all have their own individual skills, and intriguing storylines.

As for the villan, hes among the greatest, and is backed up with a wonderfully dodgy SNES "laughing" Effect. I fail to find anyone more insane than him, and he dosen't appear to have any reason for it. Ultimatley, he won't turn round and tell you "Oh the madness was all an act and I repent now" (Kuja's one great failing...), he's the kind of guy that you'll want to open a can of whoopass to several times over...

And finally the soundtrack just kicks arse. though theres another thread on that...

Macceh^
Mar 26th, 2002, 09:51 AM
well ff6 just got amazingly better *SPOILERS*

the bit on the boat at night :( Terra wants love and Celes not talking to Locke the story is magical :P

IcyMourdor
Mar 26th, 2002, 11:15 AM
That was a big part in all three of their stories. The story's plot thickens up ahead, but I won't say a thing.

kupoartist
Mar 26th, 2002, 01:44 PM
... and then Shadow tells how has killed his emotions, sleeps under the stars and watches Locke Puke.. Classic stuff :)

Macceh^
Mar 26th, 2002, 05:55 PM
aye classic, really is turning into the epic that the guy at the store described now.