PDA

View Full Version : Place Your Bets! GT4 Release Date

Drafter-T
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:13 PM
We are almost 1/3 of the way thru Q1 2005 and still haven't heard an official release date. Anybody still believe we'll have it by the end of March?

I hope so, but I'm sure having doubts about it. :zzz:

goodman
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:51 AM
EB says early March i think. Wish i could say im anticipating this game, but unfortunately its no longer a concern...

Drafter-T
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:55 AM
EB says early March i think. Wish i could say im anticipating this game, but unfortunately its no longer a concern...
Yeah some places say March and some just say Q1 '05. Nobody has an exact date yet though, that I've seen, which kinda leads me to believe it may not come out by March. At least it's out in Japan now, so maybe there is hope.

I know what you mean. It's kinda hard to get too excited about it at this point. I've thought about passing it up and I still might, but it's going to be tough.

goodman
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
I played the original GT for months, absolutely loved that game, it's probably in my top ten all time games for fun and enjoyment. I thought the intro music and scenes with the race cars were magnificient. Basically i got so full of GT it was hard to recapture that glory again, but you never know, from what others are saying they arent too concerned about it anymore...

Drafter-T
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:44 AM
I played the original GT for months, absolutely loved that game, it's probably in my top ten all time games for fun and enjoyment. I thought the intro music and scenes with the race cars were magnificient. Basically i got so full of GT it was hard to recapture that glory again, but you never know, from what others are saying they arent too concerned about it anymore...
I'd like to see PD lose some business over this. I mean it's one thing to delay a game once to make sure the bugs are gone, but to keep the delay game going as long as they have, it's been aggravating for sure.

I don't think they will lose much business though, because when it finally does come out and people start hearing how great it really is (assuming it is that great), most racing fans will pick it up sooner or later, IMHO.

I've become jaded about it just like alot of people probably have, and I've really put it in the back of my mind, but I also know that when I finally see it on the shelf, it's going to be really hard to walk away from it, lol.

FATT47
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:43 AM
We are almost 1/3 of the way thru Q1 2005 and still haven't heard an official release date. Anybody still believe we'll have it by the end of March?

I hope so, but I'm sure having doubts about it. :zzz:

Actually, I've stopped even thinkin about when it might finally come out, it's like they've killed the interest for me, especially with the announcement of no online play, it that changes I might begin to think about the game again.

I have a real funny feelin though about this GT4 game, I tend to think it might go the way of ATV3 and some other remakes, to much speed, unrealistic damage physics ( no damage in GT games anyway) and more arcade scenarios.
I've been playin GT3 A-Spec the last few days and after playin ToCA 2 for many months now GT3 seemed so arcadish to me, I was actually shocked.
The bouncin of walls and cars with the no loss of the speed feeling was somethin I'd pretty much forgotten about in the GT series.

Personally I think after all the delays, the wasted effort on the in game photo feature IMO and a lack of respect in the way of encouragin news for the GT community of gamers who've waited patiently has put a damper on this games release.

But I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Drafter-T
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:38 PM
Actually, I've stopped even thinkin about when it might finally come out, it's like they've killed the interest for me, especially with the announcement of no online play, it that changes I might begin to think about the game again.

I have a real funny feelin though about this GT4 game, I tend to think it might go the way of ATV3 and some other remakes, to much speed, unrealistic damage physics ( no damage in GT games anyway) and more arcade scenarios.
I've been playin GT3 A-Spec the last few days and after playin ToCA 2 for many months now GT3 seemed so arcadish to me, I was actually shocked.
The bouncin of walls and cars with the no loss of the speed feeling was somethin I'd pretty much forgotten about in the GT series.

Personally I think after all the delays, the wasted effort on the in game photo feature IMO and a lack of respect in the way of encouragin news for the GT community of gamers who've waited patiently has put a damper on this games release.

But I'm sure it'll be a huge success.
It's hard to imagine GT4 being compared to ATV3, lol, but I tend to agree with you FATT about the arcade type feel of GT3. But, GT3 is what, 2 or 3 years behind TOCA 2? That's big in PS2 years. How many dog years is that, like 10? :laugh:

I still think that GT4 will be an awesome game. Lack of damage and online play is big, I'll give you that. But I just can't get past the idea that a racing fan could pass up the possiblity of playing (maybe) the best racing game of all time.

I'm just saying that no matter how disgruntled I may be about the GT4 dealys, I'm definitely willing to give it a chance when it does hit the shelves.

Hey, I will be the first to admit it if I don't like it, but for now, I just can't see passing up on it, even though part of me wants to, because the racing fan in me has to see how good it really is.

FATT47
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:23 AM
It's hard to imagine GT4 being compared to ATV3, lol, but I tend to agree with you FATT about the arcade type feel of GT3. But, GT3 is what, 2 or 3 years behind TOCA 2? That's big in PS2 years. How many dog years is that, like 10? :laugh:

I still think that GT4 will be an awesome game. Lack of damage and online play is big, I'll give you that. But I just can't get past the idea that a racing fan could pass up the possiblity of playing (maybe) the best racing game of all time.

I'm just saying that no matter how disgruntled I may be about the GT4 dealys, I'm definitely willing to give it a chance when it does hit the shelves.

Hey, I will be the first to admit it if I don't like it, but for now, I just can't see passing up on it, even though part of me wants to, because the racing fan in me has to see how good it really is.

I think if ya reread my message you'll see I didn't compare GT to ATV3 perse, I tried to use ATV3 as an example as to the way I think GT4 will possibly play, more like an arcade game in feel and responce, I doubt if they change either of those things and IMO those two things are way to prevalent in the GT series.
I guess time has gone by and in doin so I guess I forgot really how unrealistic the cars handled and reacted on the track.
Not totally but enough to notice if a gamer has played something like ToCA 2 the difference is overwhelmin IMO, but each monkey to their own rope.

LOL, when it comes to me I guess then you're not goin to get past the idea that a racin fan could pass up the possiblity of playing (maybe) the best racing game of all time, because as of now this "racin game fan" "is" goin to pass on GT4 LOL
With all of its presentation looks wise, with all the cool cars, the nice lookin tracks, the sparkle and whatever else, I just don't like the feel and idea of the GT series, specifically the way the cars handle.
If I play a demo after it comes out and things have changed in respect to what I don't care for an upgrade from the past then I would consider gettin it and of course if some how or sometime online play was included, but as of now it's not a game for me.

Drafter-T
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:52 AM
I think if ya reread my message you'll see I didn't compare GT to ATV3 perse, I tried to use ATV3 as an example as to the way I think GT4 will possibly play, more like an arcade game in feel and responce, I doubt if they change either of those things and IMO those two things are way to prevalent in the GT series.
I guess time has gone by and in doin so I guess I forgot really how unrealistic the cars handled and reacted on the track.
Not totally but enough to notice if a gamer has played something like ToCA 2 the difference is overwhelmin IMO, but each monkey to their own rope.

LOL, when it comes to me I guess then you're not goin to get past the idea that a racin fan could pass up the possiblity of playing (maybe) the best racing game of all time, because as of now this "racin game fan" "is" goin to pass on GT4 LOL
With all of its presentation looks wise, with all the cool cars, the nice lookin tracks, the sparkle and whatever else, I just don't like the feel and idea of the GT series, specifically the way the cars handle.
If I play a demo after it comes out and things have changed in respect to what I don't care for an upgrade from the past then I would consider gettin it and of course if some how or sometime online play was included, but as of now it's not a game for me.
I was just joking about the ATV3 thing. I knew what you meant.

I know what you are saying and I did say I agreed with what you were saying about GT3, but you've got to think that GT4 will be alot more advanced, handling wise, than GT3 was. Yeah, I know there won't be damage and I agree that sux.

All I'm saying is if someone really likes racing, it's going to be hard to pass up on GT4. I didn't mean it towards you necessarily. I know I'll have a hard time passing it up, even though part of me wants to skip it.

The only reason I brought it up is because so many people seem to say "Screw em, I ain't getting that game anymore" because of all the delays. But, my theory is maybe 95% of those people will in fact wind up getting the game once they start hearing how good it is and once they finally see it on the shelves.

Just a theory though.

FATT47
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
I was just joking about the ATV3 thing. I knew what you meant.

I know what you are saying and I did say I agreed with what you were saying about GT3, but you've got to think that GT4 will be alot more advanced, handling wise, than GT3 was. Yeah, I know there won't be damage and I agree that sux.

All I'm saying is if someone really likes racing, it's going to be hard to pass up on GT4. I didn't mean it towards you necessarily. I know I'll have a hard time passing it up, even though part of me wants to skip it.

The only reason I brought it up is because so many people seem to say "Screw em, I ain't getting that game anymore" because of all the delays. But, my theory is maybe 95% of those people will in fact wind up getting the game once they start hearing how good it is and once they finally see it on the shelves.

Just a theory though.

I figured that, we've had to many discussions for ya not to know my feelins on race games.

To be honest I never have liked the feel of the GT series games, the IMO unrealistic driftin scenario present to this time was always a negative for me in likin the game as much as other gamers probably.
Real race cars just don't drift that much and it all depends on what a gamer is lookin for in the way of realism and or fun.

The delays have nothin to do with me personally not bein excited about the game, it's been a drag but not a determinin factor for me anyway.
I'm just not excited about a game that doesn't seem all that realistic to me personally, a racer that doesn't include damage, I mean racin without damage? that's like a Hot Rod without dual pipes LOL, those physics just aren't my cup of tea.

I'm sure the % of gamers who'll actually get the game, the ones who've been waitin for it and like the series will be higher then even 95%, I may be one of the few in the 1% who probably wont.

Drafter-T
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
Maybe I'm expecting GT4 to be much more than it will be, I don't know. I'm just real curious to see how much the handling has improved and how well the 900 deg steering works, since the DFP was designed for GT4. We know how good it works with TOCA, so maybe that shouldn't even be a concern, but it's more of a curiosity than anything.

I can overlook the lack of damage if everything else is as great as it should be. I would prefer to have damage, as I've said many times, but hey, if the game is great, it might be worth a sacrifice here and there.

I'm buying GT4 when it comes out... There... I said it, LMAO! :scream:

(Like you ever doubted that I would buy it, eh FATT? LOL)

Drafter-T
Feb 2nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
IGN is saying (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/584/584767p1.html) that we now have an official U.S. release date of Feb 22nd and for Europe, March 9th. Wow, wonders never cease.

Hasn't hit the shelves yet though :roflmao:

I may have to wait until after Enthusia comes out in March to decide which one to get. Not much point in getting both of them that close together.