PDA

View Full Version : Game Recommendations.

Phenom
Nov 6th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Not exactly sure if anyone has asked before, but I'll give it a go. Not really looking for any type of game. I'm just looking for games (new or old) that can..... how can I put it? You know when you've had a long stressful day. Everyone is getting on your nerves or whatnot. And you've reached the point to where you want to explode or something along those lines. Basically I'm looking for games that you can take your frustrations out on.

Anything come to mind? I've heard Gungrave could be one of those type of games.

GuRu
Nov 6th, 2004, 04:39 PM
The new grungrave, San andreas, Ratchet and clank 3, and thats all the games I can think of now.

Dopey6
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I would go with Socom 2 or R&C Up Your Arsenal. You can basically run around shooting people and blowing things up. That is my stress relief plus the maps are really big and you have a ton of different weapons to choose from. It is online so you can kill people from all ove the world lol!!! I also forgot GTA SA. I usually just run around killing people and blowing things up there too.

RobHardo
Nov 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
halo 2 if u have an xbox as well as a ps2

happy_doughnut
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Well, I usually like to play RPGs to, you know, just relax and whatnot. I guess it's cause they just "suck" you into this other realm and it just makes you forget the grievances one's left with at the end of the day.

Anyway, a good RPG I would really recommend is Tales of Symphonia for the GC. Another, if you like shoot 'em ups, would be Neo Contra. Oh, and Halo 2, as was already mentioned, is good too, if you have a Crap-Bo... erm, I mean, X-Box. :o

A few games, specifically for the PS2, that I'd recommend are:

.Burnout 3. Killzone [...], Guilty Gear Isuka. Star Ocean 3. Viewtiful Joe. GTA (any of 'em, I guess...)

Yep. :D

Phenom
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Ok, so there's

GTASA
Neo Contra
Burnout 3(2nd time this was mentioned)
Killzone
Guilty Gear (I normally just play Marvel vs Capcom 2)
Star Ocean
Viewtiful Joe
Gungrave

I don't have a Game Cube.... so... "shrugs"

Would any of you recommend getting Devil May Cry?

Nelo Angelo
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yes.

I fully recommend Devil May Cry. :D

One of the best games on PS2 in my opinion.

Keyblade Master
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I recommend Kingdom Hearts....
No, I'm not being cute...

Phenom
Jun 11th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Bah.... I'm beginning to get bored with these games I have, and so I need a few more recommendations.

Show you what I have so far.

Ps2
===
Final Fantasy X
Enter the Matrix (doesn't work)
Gungrave Overdose
The Bouncer (bleh)
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3 (I can probably play this forever, but you know, need something else to play)
Street Fighter Anniversary
Dead or Alive: Hardcore
Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL
Metal Gear Solid 3: SE
Virtua Fighter 4
Gran Turismo 3 (bleh)

(I really should try getting some sports games >_>)

Xbox
=====
Halo
Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden (I can play this forever)
Shenmue 2
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate

Don't really own a Gamecube, I just own Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes ^_^.

Anyways... I am in need of some more games, and lets leave the racing genre out. I'm not feeling them at the moment. I don't own any Gran Theft Autos because everyone likes it, and I'm opposite. (stupid reason, but "shrugs")

Vic Viper
Jun 11th, 2005, 09:15 PM
you should definately get God of War. its a great action adventure game with mix of exploration and puzzle solving.

Phenom
Jun 12th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Hmm... God of War eh.
I never was interested in that game, but I'll rent that one first.

Phenom
Aug 15th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Bah, I need your help yet again. God of War cost $50... (and I'm kind of money shy at the moment.... sort of laid off.) And I'm in need of an action game....

The games I have my eyes set on are Onimusha 3, Soul Reaver 2, and ..... there was another game but I can't think of it right now.

Now I have played Onimusha 3 before, but I never finished it. I'm trying to get some reviews on Soul Reaver, but I can't seem to get into some of these sites. (IGN, Gamespot)

For those who're gonna question me about my other thread about the sports. EB Games are selling them for $2.99 - $17.99 so HAH XD. (coughs.... sorry)

TtTackler
Aug 15th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Good action game? Try Zone of the Enders 1 and 2. 2 is much better, but they are both great games. You seem to be a Metal Gear fan, ZoE was directed by Hideo Kojima as well.

Phenom
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:25 PM
What is ZoE about or rather what is it like?

dan da man
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:02 AM
I reccomend Star wars KOTOR 1 & 2, both really good RPG's and I don't think you have to be a big Star wars fan either, both games sucked me in, should keep you busy for a while.

TtTackler
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:15 PM
What is ZoE about or rather what is it like?

It is a fast-paced, intense giant robot/mech type of game. It's nothing like Gundam or Armored Core though. http://ps2.ign.com/objects/014/014247.html <- ZoE http://ps2.ign.com/objects/481/481744.html <- ZoE2