PDA

View Full Version : ominusha

Spirit
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:27 AM
just got this game, about an hour into it. It's really good and I shall tell you all about it
great fighting system
lots of customization
unique bosses
story's good so far
sexy female ninja =D
controller's fairly easy, but not supported analog =( it vibrates but no control with the left stick :(
so far so good :)
hard as $hit though

Carlito
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Onimusha has lots of good aspects and it's a game you enjoy playing. The only problem is that it ain't a long game, but if you don't mind lenght, it's good choice.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:05 AM
I just rented it last weekend. It's cool but hard. They are skimpy on the herbs and medicine. I still find that Capcom won't let go of that darn Resident Evil formula. I'm tired of running back and forth through a building looking for keys and solving puzzles.

Carlito
Mar 16th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I still find that Capcom won't let go of that darn Resident Evil formula.

The problem is: if players keep on buying games like RE, Capcom don't need to change the formula. It's true, they put the same elements nearly in every game they make. Not original, but people seem to like it :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:04 PM
I find nothin wrong with the RE formula truthfully.I like the way capcom uses in most of there horror games.And since most of the time it has an interesting story i will continue to buy the games

Carlito
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with RE formula in itself. But they should change it a bit, at least in some games. The repetition of the same elements after few games is annoying. I know: not for everyone. But they should introduce some new and fresh aspects to keep their games interesting.
You know, they spend less money if they repeat always the same formula, so, basically, it's very easy and convenient for Capcom. But it's frustrating to see so often the same stuff in several different games.

Reid
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:10 PM
I find that I really like the atmosphere, characters, storylines, etc. of the Resident Evil games and Onimusha but I don't like the style of gameplay that places a lot of emphasis on grabbing keys and solving puzzles.

Also, the first time I played through Resident Evil 1 I couldn't even finish the game, because my health and ammo were low at the last boss and it was impossible to win. I don't like that something like that can happen at the very end of the game.

But, that's me.

:p

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:47 PM
I never got into the Resident evil games, but I loved Onimusha. I thought that the fights were cool and the wepons were cool as well. I also loved the extra bonus feature you get when you beat the game.

I wont spoil it though.

DragonSphere
Mar 17th, 2002, 01:22 AM
Onimusha was great, and I can't wait for the sequel to come out. :cool:

But the only thing that frustrated me about this game was that damn Oni Spirits Mini game; I can't even get pass Level 5!

Spirit
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:45 PM
it's great! hard as $hit though, I got like 3-4 hours ina nd I already saved like 30 times..... I died a lot in the beginning, since it's a very fast learning curve, but now its still hard, yet noone can touch me. The funny thing is that it's fairly simple to navigate through

psyke
Mar 22nd, 2002, 05:47 AM
I found the game fairly easy and repetetive.

Indrid Cold
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Ominusha is Way better than Resident Evil...