PDA

View Full Version : Katamari Damacy

merylsilverburg
Sep 22nd, 2004, 05:31 AM
Either Katamari Damacy or Damashi, has anyone seen this game at all in their local stores? Is anyone interested in buying it or trying it out? It's supposed to be released on September 21 and I've been waiting for this game for a long time. I've been everywhere and I haven't seen it.

The game requires you to roll a small ball around gathering/picking up anything that gets in your way and creating a very large ball. It's supposed to be a somewhat puzzle game, where there's a size requirement and time limit. Obviously, it's a Japan-brought-to-US game and it's by NAMCO and it's only supposed to be $20. Arrgh, I went to Best Buy and I couldn't find it, I'm so angry. All the interesting games are never around and all the mainstream games are always in stock. :mad:

Vic Viper
Sep 24th, 2004, 03:40 PM
ever tried looking at gamestop or ebgames ? im pretty sure they'll have some copies of the game. and yea ive heared of this game, its actually getting alot of praised from alot gaming sites, for its originality, got an 87% at gamerankings :). but its not really my kind of game so ill pass on it.

merylsilverburg
Sep 24th, 2004, 05:46 PM
It's so annoying...after I posted this thread, the next day I go back to Best Buy and whaddya know? They have it. :disturb: Yeah, I played the game and I love it so far. It's so much fun and it's so funny! :laugh: The translations are a bit odd, but otherwise the game is a dream come true for me. Even though you don't like these type of games Vic, you should at least rent it once and check it out...it's very original and wacky, I love it! :love: