PDA

View Full Version : My Sister's Sakura PS2

merylsilverburg
Sep 16th, 2004, 02:23 PM
This thread isn't a big deal or anything, so don't expect much. I just wanted to show you guys a picture of my sister's new Japanese PS2 called Sakura. It just arrived here and I snuck a picture before she set it up. :D

Sakura PS2 (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p603c1c12189f50b4ec670506afab9478/f6fdb83d.jpg.orig.jpg)

I know, I know...it's a pinkish chrome color, but I think it looks rather nice. And my sister told me she got this color because it was the only one available for shipping right away...there are other colors but they were all limited-edition and sold-out already.

Faile
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:44 PM
I think its a great colour. I wish my ps2 were that colour.

kupoartist
Sep 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
I like it too! (well duh...) Where does it get the name "Sakura"? What does "Sakura" mean in Japanese?

Pu the Owl
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Ooohhh, lovely!

What does "Sakura" mean in Japanese?

Sakura means cherry blossom, if I'm not wrong, so that explains the choice of the name for that color, I guess...

Infernal Mass
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM
very cool ps2, thanks for sharing that.

Those limited-editions are awsome.

Piggle_humsy
Sep 16th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Looks just like my silver one..I can see a slight pinkish tone to it tho. Nice. :)

merylsilverburg
Sep 16th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I'm glad you guys like it. My sister is kinda silly since she bought the PS2 to play some puzzle games and nothing else. :laugh: The real thing is much prettier, my digital camera is all messed up. :P

And yeah kupo, Panuru is right...that's where it gets the color from.

BTW, I apologize for posting this thread in the wrong section...whoever moved my thread, thanks and sorry. :right:

Meiko
Sep 18th, 2004, 09:46 AM
It's very nice! Does it come from Japan? I've never seen this colour anywhere before...

merylsilverburg
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:13 PM
It's very nice! Does it come from Japan? I've never seen this colour anywhere before...
Yeah, the PS2 is from Japan. :) I don't know if this color is available outside of Japan...since it's called "Sakura", I doubt it'd be anywhere else. ^^;;;

kupoartist
Sep 18th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yeah, the PS2 is from Japan. :) I don't know if this color is available outside of Japan...since it's called "Sakura", I doubt it'd be anywhere else. ^^;;;
If the PS2 is from Japan, doesn't that mean it can only play Japanese games? Or is it modded or something?

GuRu
Sep 18th, 2004, 04:00 PM
This thread isn't a big deal or anything, so don't expect much. I just wanted to show you guys a picture of my sister's new Japanese PS2 called Sakura. It just arrived here and I snuck a picture before she set it up. :D

Sakura PS2 (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid139/p603c1c12189f50b4ec670506afab9478/f6fdb83d.jpg.orig.jpg)

I know, I know...it's a pinkish chrome color, but I think it looks rather nice. And my sister told me she got this color because it was the only one available for shipping right away...there are other colors but they were all limited-edition and sold-out already.

Thats a nice PS2,I have the black one and its getting old now.Might I ask where there selling them?

merylsilverburg
Sep 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
If the PS2 is from Japan, doesn't that mean it can only play Japanese games? Or is it modded or something?
Yeah, it could only play Japanese games and Asia games. We both don't like getting modded stuff because it's too risky. :heh:

Thats a nice PS2,I have the black one and its getting old now.Might I ask where there selling them?

Actually, my sister special-ordered it at the Japanese store we go to in Chicago and they sent it to her. So, I don't know where they might sell it online. :( But, if you do manage to find it, it plays Japanese games only, not US games. I do wish the US would come out with different colors, the black is kinda boring. :laugh:

EDIT: I found an online site that sells it, but it's currently out of stock. :heh: They have other colors I've never seen before though (the Pearl White and Midnight Black)

PlayASIA (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-70-3xk.html)

GuRu
Sep 18th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it could only play Japanese games and Asia games. We both don't like getting modded stuff because it's too risky. :heh:

Actually, my sister special-ordered it at the Japanese store we go to in Chicago and they sent it to her. So, I don't know where they might sell it online. :( But, if you do manage to find it, it plays Japanese games only, not US games. I do wish the US would come out with different colors, the black is kinda boring. :laugh:

EDIT: I found an online site that sells it, but it's currently out of stock. :heh: They have other colors I've never seen before though (the Pearl White and Midnight Black)

PlayASIA (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-70-3xk.html)

Sorry,but I am american and dont want to buy a modded ps2,sorry but GuRu must pass on this one.

Faile
Sep 18th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Surely as Japan and America both operate on NTSC based signals you wouldn't have to mod it, Guru?

Rei
Sep 18th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Surely as Japan and America both operate on NTSC based signals you wouldn't have to mod it, Guru?

Yeah but... Japan and US NTSC signals aren't the same. They're both NTSC, but still you can't play a Japanese game on US consoles.

kupoartist
Sep 19th, 2004, 03:01 AM
I'm not sure that it's a difference in the NTSC signals, rather that Sony intentionally programs some kind of regional lockout between the Japanese and North American markets. There is also a regional lockout between "Europe" and the rest of the world in addition to the PAL/NTSC difference.... preventing European gamers from using NTSC games is a bit stupid anyway - All the TVs in my house (and none of them are exactly amazing or anything) have a "50hz NTSC" mode...

Faile
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Ah, I see. This world is far too complex for me. I'm still amazed by lightbulbs.

Infernal Mass
Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:35 PM
Ah, I see. This world is far too complex for me. I'm still amazed by lightbulbs.

:laugh: yea, i was confused about all that for awhile too.

I remember seeing some of those limited editions on Sony Underground website awhile back. They had some interesting colors, i don't reacall seeing the sakura one though.

Faile
Sep 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Could always dig the airbrush out and give the PS2 a spray. Not so confident in my artistic abilities though.