PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Format Disc !! Please Help !!

trippy
Jul 15th, 2004, 05:44 AM
i recently just bought a game from a website the game is called DDR Extreme.. on the back bottom right corner it says FOR JAPAN ONLY when i inserted the disc in my ps2 it says "Insert PS2 Format disc etc.." what should i do? can anyone help me ...? if you can please reply!!

RobHardo
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:02 AM
The game is in all Japanese,aka meant for ps2's in Japan. You'll either need a mod chip or the disc to reset your ps2's settings just to play that game. But don't go looking fo ra mod chip, you'd have to open your playstation to put it in. If you open your ps2 you can't get our ps2 fixed by sony, and trust me they know if you have openned it or not.

Harry
Jul 15th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Hi,

all PlayStation 2 disks are region coded: this means that a disk can only be played on the country or area for which it was created. So, for example, Japanese disks won't work on a North American PlayStation 2, or a North American game won't work on a European PlayStation 2. Unless you modify your PlayStation 2 with a modchip, of course; this will make your warranty void, but it will let you import games from other countries.

Edit: sorry for the double reply, I didn't see Solid's one.