PDA

View Full Version : My Drawing (I did it!)

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Okay, I finally posted a pic at the PS2 Fantasy Gallery! Yay me! The girl is Aine, the girlfriend of the main character, Sakuya, in the manga turned anime "Kaikan Phrase". *Note* This style that I drew her in is the same style as the original drawings. This is not how I usually draw. I also DON'T trace whatsoever. I usually like to look off on the picture, then draw a whole new scene using that character or I sometimes draw from memory. I don't do colors and I don't like to draw backgrounds. When I'm into a certain series, I tend to try to draw the same style as the original because I think it looks more authentic that way. Sometimes I draw my own version (fan art) of the characters. I just wanted to let everyone know, because I've had problems in the past where some people at my school accuse me of tracing or copyrighting and crap. I don't do that. This is definitely not one of my best, this was just a test. I hope you like it, I'll put more of my better ones later...(at least I hope they're better...)

Aine:
http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=33

Soul Angel
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Wow that is really good Meryl!
I like it, its really well done and very neat :)
I hope we see more of your work on here soon
Keep it up! ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks Soul Angel! :happy: You're the only one to say anything about it....I think people think my drawing is horrible, besides you. :( Oh well! :) Yes, I'll be posting more of my pics later, unfortunately, I only have a digital camera and not a scanner, so the lighting is crappy. Damn...Oh well, thanks for your feedback! I really like your drawings as well! :) You're very talented at the structure of your drawings. Keep up your work! :)

Soul Angel
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Thanks Meryl :happy:

But I don't think your drawings look horrible at tall though, I defintly can't draw anything like that your way better then me at drawing :heh:
I'm also sure other people like your drawing as well ;)
Can't wait till you post more of your pics up! ;) :happy:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 14th, 2002, 05:35 PM
I've been anticipating seeing some of your work on here. I'm glad you got one up. AND DON'T SAY IT SUCKS! i hate it when people put themselves down like that when in reality they're very good. and trust me, you've got some talent!

I like the style you have as well, it's the same as me. And I hate it when people see one of my drawings and ask me "What the ****'s up with the nose? It's a f*cking triangle." Or when they ask me why you can see the eyes and the eyebrows through the hair. That really pisses me off.

I hope that whoever seems to make you think that you can't draw ends up getting punched in the face, because you are really good. Around here, you don't see many drawings that haven't been edited be computer software or done on computer all together. And if my computer weren't such a f*cking piece of sh*t, and if i could get my damn scanner to work I'd put some of my work up. But i can't oh well. And most of my work gets murdered by me coloring it. Which you can tell if you look at the few drawing I do have on here.

But enough about me, keep up the good work Merle and I hope to see more from you in the near future.

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Oh that's so sweet and adorable! :love:

*applauds*

Post more!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:06 PM
I like it alot.You show a lot of potential meryl.I really like the way you filled in the corners.It makes it kind of stand out.

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
I've been anticipating seeing some of your work on here. I'm glad you got one up. AND DON'T SAY IT SUCKS! i hate it when people put themselves down like that when in reality they're very good. and trust me, you've got some talent!

I like the style you have as well, it's the same as me. And I hate it when people see one of my drawings and ask me "What the ****'s up with the nose? It's a f*cking triangle." Or when they ask me why you can see the eyes and the eyebrows through the hair. That really pisses me off.

I hope that whoever seems to make you think that you can't draw ends up getting punched in the face, because you are really good. Around here, you don't see many drawings that haven't been edited be computer software or done on computer all together. And if my computer weren't such a f*cking piece of sh*t, and if i could get my damn scanner to work I'd put some of my work up. But i can't oh well. And most of my work gets murdered by me coloring it. Which you can tell if you look at the few drawing I do have on here.

But enough about me, keep up the good work Merle and I hope to see more from you in the near future.

Well, the way that I drew this picture isn't the real style that I draw. This is the same style as the real mangaka, Mayu Shinjo. I have some of my drawings which are in my style, which I'll post later. I think your drawings are very good, Cannibal. I can't color to save my life, and I saw your picture "Fairy" and I thought that was terrific! But, thank you everyone for your feedback. I was getting pretty worried because I'm seeing all these other drawings and I'm freaking out! But, I'm glad you guys like this one! :happy:

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I'd like to see your style. Anyway, you should try adding colors before saying it's not a good idea ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Believe me......I have tried color and my drawings are best black and white. But, thanks anyway. :)

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:08 PM
You should see my first try at CGing a pic!
I remember it was Eiko Carol and I completely ruined a nice drawing adding colors :laugh:
I must post it, so you wouldn't be so scared :p

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:59 PM
I would like to try color, but I don't have the proper programs, like Adobe. I really like Adobe, I messed around with it several times at my school, but I'm never able to get the software. :(

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:04 PM
You should try another one maybe, cheaper than Photoshop. Last time I colored a pic I used a very poor program called Open Canvas. It's a sort of painter, but with layers, which is a good thing. It's good for coloring pics with watercolor effect or soft effect. I wanted to post the link where I downloaded it, because it's freeware, but I can't remember...anyway, if you just want to give it a try I can send it thru e-mail, because it's less than 1 Mb.

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Hmmm....that's okay, Fortune. I kinda like black and white. But thank you anyway. I actually do have a few pictures which I colored, but they're so shoujo, they might make people sick on here...

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:15 PM
I don't think people here will mind if it's shoujo or not :D They only like looking at the images. I posted crap several times *points at some of her posts* but I didn't care very much, because it was what I had to post :p

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:20 PM
I'm sorry, I've never seen your other pics, but I really like your "Shut Up" one. :D The lines were very neat and clean, and the position was perfect! Plus, I like the orange color background you had, very nice!

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I'm sorry, I've never seen your other pics

You're lucky! Some of them were really terrible!
I bet it happened to you also, sometimes maybe: at the beginning, when you finish a pic, considering the work you put in it, you think you like it...then you look at it after and you discover all the errors and horrors :p

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Oh man, that happens to me a lot! But, sometimes, I'm lucky, so I catch my mistakes before I finish the drawing itself. :)

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Yes, sometimes I'm lucky too. It's great when you can save a pic from the disaster :D

Soul Angel
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:01 PM
That also happens to me alot as well, its quite annoying when you spent ages on a pic and then find an error in it :p :heh:

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Yes, I remember this one time when I was really young (I've been drawing since I was 5) and I worked really hard on this one picture. But, then, after I finished it, I saw that everything was wrong with it and I started crying because I am a perfectionist and I was so mad that I had to erase or even redo my work. Ah...those were the best days. :sarcasm: But, yeah, I really like your drawings. The "Shut Up" one looks like One Piece. :happy: Is that the style you tend to draw?

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Soul Angel
That also happens to me alot as well, its quite annoying when you spent ages on a pic and then find an error in it :p :heh:

Yeah! Especially if you've been drawing for three days or even a week! Aarrgh! How annoying! I've noticed you like to draw Tidus a lot! ;) You're really good at it. When I tried to draw him...he looked like a chick, it was so scary. :shock: Do you like to draw more life-like or sometimes anime?

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Well, no...I'm not tending to any style. I just like to change it when drawing different things. My own style is very different form the one of One Piece :p

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
Well, no...I'm not tending to any style. I just like to change it when drawing different things. My own style is very different form the one of One Piece :p

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Even if your drawings are different from One Piece, they're still very good anyway. Plus, you've got the manga thing down, so it'll be cool to see a manga of your very own someday! I'm pretty sure it'll be good! :)

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:10 PM
you didn't offend me at all :D
IMy style, if you can call it like this, it's not very personal at the moment, and it's not very refined.
Just to give you an idea:

*here I posted a link before but since it was just an example, I can edit the post and delete the link*

Don't mind the pic too much, it's only a rushed sketch.
This is what I call my syle, and it has nothing in common with One Piece or other mangas in general :p
Oh well, I still have to learn...

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Whoa, Fortune! :shock: What are you talking about, "just a rough sketch"?!?! That looks so complete and perfect to me! I really like the face...wow, it really is detailed and everything is so aligned perfectly. My faces are always so lopsided (like me :D) so I get very frustrated with that. I also like the hair and eyes...man, this is just an awesome pic, I like it a lot! How long have you been drawing, Fortune?

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:32 PM
When I was younger, like 11 or so, I liked a lot to draw. Then, when I started going to high school I gave up and never tried a sinlge pic again, until this year, when I started again to draw some random pics :p

The problem is that I'm easily bored, so when I start drawing, I can't stay on the same piece of paper for the rest of the day. That's why I'm not going to improve dammit!

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Back to topic :heh:
Why don't you try some MGS art in manga style?
That would be funny :D

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:39 PM
My sister is the same way, Fortune. She loves to draw, but then she always gets bored and quits. :D

I would love to draw MGS art manga style, but I can't draw guys!! :weep: I can only draw girls, and I guess Meryl Silverburg would be cool, but yet...I can't seem to imagine drawing such terrific characters in my horrible drawing style! :p

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:41 PM
You should start with some sketches, without making a definitive version, so if you'll like some of your meryl drawings, you'll be able to show them :D

Spirit
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:01 AM
looking good meryl! :) sorry didn't reply yet =P but good job on that drawing =P

Soul Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I've noticed you like to draw Tidus a lot! ;) You're really good at it. When I tried to draw him...he looked like a chick, it was so scary. :shock: Do you like to draw more life-like or sometimes anime?

Yeah I seem to right this moment being drawing pics of Tidus or they just turn out to look like Tidus quite alot :shock:

I think I like to try and draw both life-like and sometimes anime pics, but my anime pics are really rubbish though :disturb:
So I try to keep to my style of drawing abit :)

Mercury Shadow
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:47 PM
WOW MERYL! That's excellent :) Keep up the good work, you're talented ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Thanks Spirit and Merc! :happy: Oh, and Soul Angel, don't worry if you can't draw anime that much. It's hard, really! I like your style of drawing that you have now, so you should just continue that! You're very good at it, I would like to see more in the future! :)

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Do any of you ever hear people telling you that anime is one of the most simplest forms of drawing there is and that being able to draw it very well doesn't mean you're a good drawer.

I get that a lot, people look at the big eyes, and the pointy mouth and chin and say what a cheap way to draw a person. The hair isn't even real looking.

When in rerality, after i practice the style, I've learned that anime style is probally the most realistic and difficult forms of animation around, other that computer graphic of coarse.

Has this ever happened to you Meryl, Fortune, or Soul?

Soul Angel
Mar 16th, 2002, 08:42 PM
I haven't personally heard that from someone before, but I wouldn't agree with them if they did say that.
Personally anime is quite hard to draw for me (I'm still pretty much learning the technique) I would like to see them draw some and see if they could draw anime or not if someone did ask me, right there and then!
It would be interesting how well they would do? :laugh: :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:52 AM
No, sorry I haven't heard that before, I just hear people say "Oh, that's really good!" And that's it. But if I did, just like Soul Angel, I would have to disagree! Anime/Manga is soooo hard to draw! I've been at it since I was 5 years old, and look! I'm STILL wondering, "Hmm...does this position look right?" or "Hmm....the hands and feet seem too small". It's really quite tough! And yeah, Soul, I would also like to see those people try to draw anime/manga and see how "easy" it is for them. Sheesh! When I hear things like that, it really pisses me off. Of course, anime/manga isn't realistic if you're comparing them to actual human beings, but everything, like the hands and the legs are still human-like, they're just extended longer because that's what makes it pretty and anime. Plus, the Japanese like how Americans are so tall, that's why the characters are really tall too. Anyway, the only thing that I heard about my drawings, was by this annoying girl who said my drawings are good, but they're really slutty looking. :sarcasm:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:13 PM
I know a girl in one of my classes who saw me drawing anime and she was like "Ugggh, I hate anime."

I asked her why and she said it was because all anime chicks are always in slutty clothing and it makes them look like sex objects or something.

She's got a point, but that's no reason not to like anime.

But she did admit that my drawings were really good, but my pic of Rei Ayanami had large breasts, so she complained about that.

merylsilverburg
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:47 PM
I know a lot of anime portrays chicks as sex objects, but that's just because anime is a way to use the imagination, so I don't blame mangakas for it. I do understand her point too, but, you're right, that's not really a reason why not to like anime. People like that are closed-minded and not open to new things. I would just ignore her, but I see her point, but I would be pissed if anyone said that to me. The girl who called my drawings slutty said that I shouldn't draw stuff like that, because she said I wasn't very good at it. She also said the only reason why people liked my drawings was because I draw the girls really slutty looking and that's the only way for me to get attention. :(

Cannibal Clown
Mar 19th, 2002, 12:16 PM
i got that a lot too. i used to really suck at anime, but my friends all said i was awesome because of what the girls i drew were wearing.

but now i've gotten a lot better and i'm appreaciated for all of my drawings. not only the slutty ones.

Dark Wolf
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Hey another great pic of yours merylsilverburg
I really like it though I don't really know who it is
But its still a really nice pic ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
i got that a lot too. i used to really suck at anime, but my friends all said i was awesome because of what the girls i drew were wearing.

but now i've gotten a lot better and i'm appreaciated for all of my drawings. not only the slutty ones.

Yeah, it's nice to be appreciated for what you do. Now, not many people call my drawing slutty mainly because anime has made its debut in the US, so a lot more people know about it now. What that girl said to me was back then, when anime was "Barbie". But, it still pisses me off because there's not that many otaku in my school, so there's still the "Omigod! It's Sailormoon! She's my favorite character!" or "Why don't you draw some Dragonball Z? They're soo cool!" or "Hmm...your drawings are good, but they look strange. Don't you like Tenchi Muyo?" Arrgghhh! People! There are OTHER animes besides all the ones they bring over to the US! And when I try to explain that, they go "Oh....so you don't like Sailormoon/Dragonball Z/Tenchi Muyo?" It's sooo frustrating. There's only one guy, one guy, who ever said, "Oh wow! You draw a really good Vash!" I was so happy then. But, that's good how a lot of kids in your school are into anime, Cannibal. You should post more of your pics, I think you're really good. And, btw, Dark Wolf, thank you again. :happy:

Devil Snake
Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:03 AM
thats great meryl i mean thats really really great.you r a great black and white drawer.........well i think your ok with black and white drawings no need of colouring in the pic........well i also spoil my some of the drawings when i start colouring them.

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 05:36 AM
very nice you show alot of potential ad your a great talent keep it up and post more of your work i like it :)

Indrid Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Your Pics Cool, Keep a good work at it!! :D