PDA

View Full Version : Shadow hearts

Mana
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Is it any good?
I don't mind reviews or previews of the game: I'd like to know if someone here have played it to get a sincere opinion :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Yes, I've played it. I, personally, think it's a really good and solid RPG. :) The characters are well developed (especially the main villain...damn!) and the English voice acting is really, really good too. The story is mysterious and interesting. It takes a while to get used to the battle system ring, but once you give it a couple of tries, it's pretty easy. The graphics are good too, this one town that was taken over by demons, looked pretty horrifying and very evil. :evil: The worst part, in my opinion, is the fact that there's....spiders in the game. Man oh man, I hate spiders and they look so friggin' realistic! Sometimes, there's cheap kills, especially in the sewers with those mutant frogs, but that takes a little getting used to. I haven't played it all the way, I rented it, but I think I might buy the game because it's not that bad of an RPG. :happy:

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:28 PM
HHmm...maybe i'll give it a go, I trust anyone who enjoys a good Jet Grind as much as me:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:13 AM
I bought it for 28 bucks at the second hand shop. I played it for 2-3 hours, and then promptly took it to EB and dumped it. The battle sequences drove me mad. I just couldn't take that annoying woman singing! All I'm saying is rent it first.

DragonSphere
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
The battle sequences drove me mad. I just couldn't take that annoying woman singing! All I'm saying is rent it first.
I agree, but if you stuck with it for 12-15 more hours, the battle music changes. ;)

The game is pretty good, though I think I'm only half-way through. The only thing I hate though is the fact that sometimes, the background graphics are just terrible, kind of reminding me of the late SNES and early PSOne era. (but this happens very rarely throughout the game)

Spirit
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:47 AM
bah I thought this was a good game :( that sucks