PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes Raiden?

Dark Angel
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Obviously there seems to be a general dislike of Raiden but I actually like him! What about anyone else?

Evil Parrot
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:21 PM
I've got to admit, I think he's cool too :phew:

Soul Angel
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:16 PM
I don't think your the only one who likes Raiden Dark Angel :)

I also like Raiden's character, I think he's a pretty cool character and I hope he will make a come back in MGS3 when they ever decide to start making it :D

Pu the Owl
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:04 PM
I like Raiden a lot, even if I admit I get pissed at him during the game, especially when talking to Rose :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:35 PM
There is absolutley nothing wrong with raiden.The only reason some people dont like him is because they compare him to snake

Pu the Owl
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Yes, that's true. They were expecting a game with Snake as absolute protagonist and then they find Raiden on their way :laugh:

I also think they don't appreciate the way Raiden looks like: he's more feminine than other MGS male characters, both for his appearence, and also for his way of facing troubles.

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Aaah....Raiden does have some good points but I'm not comparing him to Snake. I just was disappointed that I didn't get to play Snake as much but there's no comparison whatsoever. I just don't like Raiden because he's a wuss. He complains a lot and he whines pretty constantly. Plus, it seems like he doesn't really want to fight, he's just there because he has to. But, hey, that's my opinion. I don't care if I'm the only one who doesn't like Raiden for these points.

MakgSnake
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I just was disappointed that I didn't get to play Snake as much
Well Same Here Meryl, When I First Played The Game, I Was Waiting To Get To Play As Snake, Especially When Snake Is Facing Fortune In The End, But We Didn't. I Think That Was Horrible (Atleast For Me)

But I Like Raiden, I Think Hes Cool And His Character Develops As The Story Unfolds. I'd Say Its A Character Which Is Very Well Done.

And Yes He Is Amature And A Bit Girlish, But I Think He Is Pretty Good Looking And Sexy (Ive Asked My Female Friends) And They All Think He Is A Lady Killer (These Are The Girls Who Doesn't Know Shi*t About MGS) So Thats Why They Dont Know Snake's Character.

I Think Snake Got A Beared Cause Radien Was Clean Shaved. Cause Snake Looks Horrible In Clean Shave In MGS2 And I Mean Horrible!!!! Eeesh!.!

jenova_jeb
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:07 PM
I thought he was a pretty cool character. I was a little disapointed though cause there wasn't much time of playing as Solid Snake. But like I said, Raiden was still pretty cool. :cool:

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

And Yes He Is Amature And A Bit Girlish, But I Think He Is Pretty Good Looking And Sexy (Ive Asked My Female Friends) And They All Think He Is A Lady Killer (These Are The Girls Who Doesn't Know Shi*t About MGS) So Thats Why They Dont Know Snake's Character.

*crazy fangirl mode on*

For being only a videogame's character, Raiden is HOT! :D
I like girlish boys, so when I first saw Raiden I thought : this game will be fun :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:38 PM
How strange....I like girly boys a little too (especially in anime) but when I saw Raiden, I thought, "Oh my God....what were they thinking?" I actually think Snake in MGS2 is really cute. :love: Aahh.....stop it!! *Smacks herself in the head*

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:42 PM
hehe we can start a sub-thread about it!
Just for my curiosity: meryl, do you prefer Snake with or without bandage? :ghost:

Ahhhhhhhh, but that's off topic!

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Yes, this is completely off topic but....I guess with bandage, I dunno. Why do you ask? :confused:

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:46 PM
It was only innocent girlish talk :laugh:

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:55 AM
I like Raiden too but he sure isn't a snake but hes ok maybe if in the next game if he is in it they could make him mature a lot then he would be liked a little more.

MakgSnake
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
meryl, do you prefer Snake with or without bandage? :ghost:
Sorry To Get Into It... But Whats A Bandage? Sorry I Am Lost Here......Just Wanted To Know. I Guess Its A Girly Thing. But I Still Wanna Know As "Snake" Is Involved In The Conversation! :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Im pretty sure there talking about the bandage we wheres over his wound when he gets attack by vamp.

MakgSnake
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Hmmm.....Ok, But Whats So Sexy About Snake Wearing A Bandage...?... Strange!.!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Thats girls for you.Its wierd.I think a guy with a bandage is more gross than sexy.*shudders*

Dark Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Ah rugged Snkae with his bandage...........*goes dreamy* But what really annoyed me was those damn headphones!! No NO NO, but this is meant to be about Raiden.

I defintely thing liking Raiden is a girl thing, cos I think he's well sexy *blushes* Its nice to have a charcter with feelings as opposd to Snake in MGS1 with the whole I only live for myself stuff, and some of the Jack Rose stuff was really sweet (see I am a romantic at heart) especially the tale of when they first met.

And I totally agree with what Kojima said about including Raiden to see Snake in a different way, and to develop Snake which "is hard to do if the player is Snake". Ah the wonder of the PAL DVD. And that HF Blade is just perfect!! Ah the never ending Japanese influences......

Pu the Owl
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:45 PM
SSSnake and Makg, we were talking about the THING Snake wears around his head. Maybe you call it in another way? :confused:

Dark Angel, Jack and Rose were sweet, but out of place in some parts :p
What about Raiden talking to Rose about King Kong while in terrible danger? Sorry, but that seemed a bit excessive :laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Oh you mean the bandana,i got you now.

Dark Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:51 PM
I thought it was funny cos it was so misplaced, and when Raiden goes "this isnt a very good time" she still tells him anyway! And right at the end is sweet......

Carlito
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:23 PM
The only thing I suggest to the ones who ask me about MGS2 and Raiden before playing the game is : "Do not make comparison between Raiden and Snake".
I'm sure people don't like Raiden very much not because he's a bad character, but only because they think "It's not Snake". Kojima didn't want Snake to be the hero of MGS2 for the reasons you mentioned. So it was his intention making Raiden very different from Snake.
Comparing them is pointless.
I liked Riden very much, he's perfect for his role.

*minor spoilers*
I liked also the fact he uses the sword during the final duel against Solidus.

Dark Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:31 PM
was I comparing them? dont think so, cos you're right they are completely different

Carlito
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:40 PM
I didn't mean to say you were comparing them.
The topic is "Am I the only one who likes Raiden?". I only tried to explain why many people say they don't like Raiden at all.

MakgSnake
Mar 18th, 2002, 03:51 PM
I Think Nobody Hates Raiden. Its Not Like Just Cause He Is Not Solid Snake And Not Like Solid Snake, That People Hate Him Or Dislike Him.

I Believe The Reason People Dont Like Raiden Because.....He Was An Unexpected Character.

Its Not Raiden's Character Or His Main Image, Its Just The Fact That We Didn't Get To Play As Snake, Thats Why People Didn't Like Him.

Raiden Is A New Character, He HAD TO be Totally Different From Snake. Otherwise Whats The Point Of Introducing A Totally New Character.

Atleast For Me, The Reason I Didn't Like Raiden Before Was Because I Waited 2 Whole Years To Be SNAKE Again, To Play As The Legendary Soldier, And What I Got Or Handled Was Raiden.

Raiden's Character Is Amazing, Perfect For His Role. There Is Nothing Wrong With It At All. Its Just That..........When People Expect To Have A Pizza At Dinner And Wait For 5 Hours, And Then End Up Eating Only Peanut Butter Sandwich (Which Is Also GOOD), They Do Get Upset Or A Little Mad (They Have A Right)

And Yes Snake And Raiden Are Totally Different Characters, But Still Everything In This World Can Be Compared So Can These Two Poly Characters!.!

Neways.... And Yeah.....I Just Love SNAKE With His BANDANA! That Is Sooooooooooo COOL!.! (Ok I May Sound Like A Girl) But WOW, He Looks Awesome!.! Amazing. Outstanding!.! Snake Rules Yo!.! :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Another reason some people could dislike raiden is the hype centered around solid snake and how the game showed him off and had people all excited to play as him again.Then when they purchase the game the releasize that they only get to play as him for about 1/3 of the game and feel a little disipointed.

Reid
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Raiden's Character Is Amazing, Perfect For His Role. There Is Nothing Wrong With It At All. Its Just That..........When People Expect To Have A Pizza At Dinner And Wait For 5 Hours, And Then End Up Eating Only Peanut Butter Sandwich (Which Is Also GOOD), They Do Get Upset Or A Little Mad (They Have A Right)

That's exactly what I think.

I have a feeling that if MGS2 hadn't been as hyped, or made out to be a game starring Solid Snake then people wouldn't have been as disappointed with Raiden.

My only problem with him was, that when I was playing the game the first time I kept waiting to play as Snake again.

But when I look back, I think it made the story better in the end and also leaves the game open for a pseudo-sequel where you could play the entire game as Solid Snake.

Dark Wolf
Mar 19th, 2002, 02:30 PM
I think Raiden was a pretty cool character and I hope he will make a come back in MGS3 with Solid Snake :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Oh boy. I could feel heads turning towards me during this entire conversation because a lot of people think I don't like Raiden as much. Well, just like SSSnake said, there was a lot of hype surrounding Snake and the game itself, and I was one of those people who thought I was going to play as Snake, but got slightly disappointed because it ended up I had to play as Raiden. It was very unexpected, just like Makg said. But, that's not a reason to not like him. I thought his character was very intersting, and I kept trying to think of who he could be related to, and why he was so important in the game. SPOILERS:

I thought Raiden was another son of Big Boss (don't ask) but then I found out he was Solidus' son, so then I was like "Ohhh....that makes more sense" and I thought about all the crap he had to go through and everything, so I understood him a little better.

But, that doesn't mean I don't like the guy. Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about him, was the fact he was so whiny and his conversations with Rose are so :zzz: zzz. Makes me want to skip those scenes but I was afraid I would miss something. Anyway, Raiden does add something different to MGS2 and I'm glad he was there, because then it would make the story a little different for MGS3. But, as for him coming back to MGS3...it seems unlikely to me because the ending of MGS2 suggested nothing about his return. At least it seemed like that to me.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 19th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Oh boy. I could feel heads turning towards me during this entire conversation because a lot of people think I don't like Raiden as much. Well, just like SSSnake said, there was a lot of hype surrounding Snake and the game itself, and I was one of those people who thought I was going to play as Snake, but got slightly disappointed because it ended up I had to play as Raiden. It was very unexpected, just like Makg said. But, that's not a reason to not like him. I thought his character was very intersting, and I kept trying to think of who he could be related to, and why he was so important in the game. SPOILERS:

I thought Raiden was another son of Big Boss (don't ask) but then I found out he was Solidus' son, so then I was like "Ohhh....that makes more sense" and I thought about all the crap he had to go through and everything, so I understood him a little better.

But, that doesn't mean I don't like the guy. Honestly, the only thing I didn't like about him, was the fact he was so whiny and his conversations with Rose are so :zzz: zzz. Makes me want to skip those scenes but I was afraid I would miss something. Anyway, Raiden does add something different to MGS2 and I'm glad he was there, because then it would make the story a little different for MGS3. But, as for him coming back to MGS3...it seems unlikely to me because the ending of MGS2 suggested nothing about his return. At least it seemed like that to me.

Spoiler...................

Solidus raised raiden after he killed off his parents he was never his biological parent

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Oh yeah! That's right! *smacks herself in the head* I forgot! Thanks, SSSnake. :)

Bhcdarkness
Mar 28th, 2002, 07:21 PM
i think raiden has got skills. i mean there isnt a chance in HELL that i could pull a lay out back flip OVER AN EDGE and then grab the rail like it was a walk in the park. hell no.

or pull those no handed cart wheels... but he holds a gun like a sissy, and squats like a girl.

gotta love him.

Andi
Apr 20th, 2002, 08:10 AM
I think Raiden is as good as Snake @ something's...
For Example The way he Flip's over the edge The way he does a forward roll & kick's
The Punch & Kick Combo is Beta :peoples:

macario
May 14th, 2002, 03:33 PM
raiden is hella cool

SilverJackel
May 17th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Are you kidding? Raiden's cool. sure he's not solid snake, but what would be the point of adding ANOTHER snake, there's already three! raiden's still an amature (that dark secret aside) but he just fits in. plus he's more graceful than snake will ever be, and he's got a sword.
btw, am i the only one who actually liked fighting along side snake? i mean i was dissapointed it didn't happen more often, take that scene after Occelot kills Fortune for example. I would have loved to take on Liquid with Solidus and Snake. who knows, maby it's just me.

Beretta55
May 19th, 2002, 01:04 AM
i think raiden is a cool charcter but i did not expect him but i still like him but if he codecs too much it gets on my nervers. but if he codecs one more time i will throw myslef thur a window ok those are my two cents.

Esjay
May 24th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Raiden was no Solid Snake, but he was a good character on his own. His voice was pretty good, it suited his character. His outfit was AWESOME gotta love that skull suit. His battle skills were incredible, especially the backflip-onto-a-rail-and-hang-there-before-the-guard-sees you- move ^_^. The only real problem I had with him was that he looked like a female...very much so, but that's no reason to judge a character! As for the people who are pissed off because of Raiden taking the place of Snake, you'd be mad if it was Raiden through-out the series and then the 'new guy' Snake just waltzes (sp on in and takes the place of your beloved hero. I think that some people really wanted to play as Snake, since he's the greatest video game character ever (lol) and I think they'd be mad even if you got to play as a Devil May Cry esque character (lol)

SilverJackel
May 25th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Dante? in MGS2? wow, GREAT IDEA! lol, just kidding, to be honest i'm not sure he'd fit in very well, but it'd probably make a fun sub-game (how about dante vs. vamp?) . on the subject of other playable characters, i would have liked to play as liquid, it always more fun playing the bad guy right? or maby meyrl since she'd add alot to the story.

Dark Angel
May 25th, 2002, 04:03 PM
Ahh, it's good to be back....and this is where no one noticed. But anyway, Dante and Vamp, a devil hunter versus a dead guy, hmm yeah I can see that :) and Meryl's gonna be in MGS2:S I think. But yeah back to Raiden...I love his voice, good ol' Quinton Flynn (he was the voice of Jonny Quest, I can't believe that), and with the arrival of Substance everyone can stop whining that you can't play as Snake in most of the game.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 04:36 PM
According to the MGS2S trailer, Meryl WILL be in the game, a short sequence is shown where Snake sneaks up on her in the control room of the tanker, and she spins around and points her gun at him...very cool ^_^. Quinton Flynn also did the voice of that rat-weasel thing in the Lion King movies XD

SilverJackel
May 25th, 2002, 05:00 PM
timone? lol, i can't beleive it. and there's a trailer for MGS2S? is it on the net yet? sereously though, i think it'd be a bad idea to mess with the story of MGS2, i mean it makes the last one kinda pointless doesn't it? ... they're bringing Meyrl back :D that's cool, i think she's alot tougher than snake anyway :phew: , i just hope she's more involved this time around. oh and i think raiden's voice was cool too, he's no competition for David Hayter but then it's a whole different character right.

Esjay
May 25th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Yes, I posted the trailer in a topic here but nobody seemed to care, I posted the trailer in This Thread (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1732). You all HAVE to watch this trailer, it's awesome!!