PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2005

jjmoohead
Jun 7th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I heard a rumor today that madden 2005 would feature old retro game types. For example you could play madded 96 or 99 aswell. Anyone got info or heard the same thing?

DragonSphere
Jun 7th, 2004, 05:50 PM
got it from ign:

Officially known as Madden NFL 2005: Collector's Edition, this exclusive set contains all the same features of the regular version in addition to a slew of bonus content. The extras in question are frankly, pretty damn cool, and are highlighted by playable versions of classic 16-bit Madden titles from the 90s and two more from the PlayStation One era. Other supplemental goodies include a Madden Trivia Challenge with more than a 1000 questions, a Madden Moments feature that allows players to relive great moments from the last 15 years, and historical playoff teams that are also taken from the last 15 years each with their authentic uniforms.

Surprisingly, the list of bonus content doesn't stop there either. As Madden Collector's Edition will also boast tons of bonus video content that covers the history of the Madden franchise, various musical tracks from the game, and an inside look at the production of a Madden title. Apparently there were be a few other bonus goodies as well, but EA hasn't slipped what those might be yet. What the giant company has revealed, however, is the price: $59.95.

Preventer Wind
Jun 7th, 2004, 07:11 PM
* Get your hands on history: Playable past versions of Madden, including Madden 93 (Genesis), Madden 98 (PS1 sprite) and Madden 2001 (PS1 Poly).

* Madden Moments: John Madden selects the most memorable plays in the last 15 years for you to replay.

* Madden Trivia Challenge: Playable trivia game with Madden and NFL trivia.

* Historical Playoff Teams: Select from 15 years worth of playoff teams.

* The Madden Phenomenon: How the Madden franchise has gotten so huge.

* The Madden Cover Jinx: A fun, mockumentary on the cover jinx (interviews with players, coaches).

* Evolution of Madden art: Interviews with EA people, show game footage from Madden versions over time.

* The Music of Madden: How Madden has broken bands, interviews with artists.

* Production Commentary: The producers narrate a game as its being played (think pop-up video or movie DVD commentary).

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281104

I'm going to get it. Even if there is a good chance I won't even look at the extra stuff. I already know I'm going to get Madden 2005...so I figure why not spend the extra $10 to feel special?

jjmoohead
Jun 8th, 2004, 11:22 PM
nice, thanks so much for the info

Billyum7
Jun 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
all i know is that it is coming out august 2nd my change dunno i saw it at gamestop.

Vicious_2003
Jul 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM
all i know is that it is coming out august 2nd my change dunno i saw it at gamestop.

Actually the official release is August 12th

Infernal Mass
Jul 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM
ESPN 2k5 looks alot better

Vic Viper
Jul 3rd, 2004, 01:58 AM

hell yeah, and its only $20. :D

Vicious_2003
Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM

For 20 bucks its hard to argue against purchasing ESPN football if your a football fan. But I still dont plan on getting it. And id bet any amount of money this game wont stand up to Madden. Ive read up on both games and have heard little good about ESPN's 05 football game other than it looks good in motion and had great espn presentation. Wich was true of the 04 version. Screams re hash to me. Whilsts Madden 05 bosts numerous very impressive sounding and looking improvements. Besides that I like to bring in draft classes from the NCAA game. And Sega Sports's NCAA games have been awful IMO. Ill stick with EA this year. I just cant wait to see what Microsoft has in development..there postponing thier sports line untill they "Get it right" hopefully that means Madden may get some real competition someday.

Billyum7
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:49 PM
yea i think madden is better..

Infernal Mass
Jul 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
hell yeah, and its only $20. :D

yep, can't beat that.

Vicious_2003
Jul 22nd, 2004, 05:07 PM
Just bought this game to check it out and see if the reviews were earned and...i must say...its awfull !. I couldnt stumoch 20 minutes of the horrible gameplay and the rediculous looking player models. The presentation is all I liked about this title, that and the A.I profiles thingy was interesting. But what good is all that if you cant enjoy playing the game ?I mean the Gameplay is seriously lacking and the running is simply unnatural. I plan on returning it tommorow and getting my money back. My suggestion to all of you is to save your twenty bucks..buy a cd or something. This game is bargain bin trash..nothing more...

Billyum7
Oct 1st, 2004, 07:47 AM
well i havent played madden 05but people have been telling me it sucks..is it true?