PDA

View Full Version : Reputation?

Hylas
May 30th, 2004, 04:29 PM
What's this reputation thing and how does it work? What does it do the the user? :confused:

merylsilverburg
May 31st, 2004, 04:03 AM
I have no idea. I clicked on mine and it says I have 10 reputation points. And when I clicked on another member's, you can rate their post by saying either you liked it or disliked it and you can comment about the post of that member. I'm pretty sure it may have something to do with a new feature on the forum but maybe something in the future and not now...? :right:

Pu the Owl
May 31st, 2004, 04:42 PM
It's simply a feature to make members interact more. Everybody can express their opinions on others' threads and way of posting.

Hylas
May 31st, 2004, 06:08 PM
Hm... I see, thank you for the explanation.

Berserker
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:36 AM
But where can you click to give positive or negative karma??? I don't see it anywhere near the members posts, is that correct?

Nelo Angelo
Jun 4th, 2004, 06:40 AM
It's beside the icon that shows if you're online or offline.

Or invisible. =P

Piggle_humsy
Jun 8th, 2004, 01:10 AM
I just wanted to ask...

Can you find out what people said and who said it ect?

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

kupoartist
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:48 AM
Can you find out what people said and who said it ect?
At the bottom of your User CP, there should be a table saying "latest reputation recieved". If they've left a comment, it'll be in the comment column... but you can't actually find out who gave you the reputation (so i'd reckon people should put their usernames in their comment). Sometimes, it's easy enough to figure out who sent the rep :)

Piggle_humsy
Jun 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by kupoartist
At the bottom of your User CP, there should be a table saying "latest reputation recieved". If they've left a comment, it'll be in the comment column...

Well I'm pretty sure I'm not just being dense but I've been into my User CP 3 times and searched every section and I cannot find anything about my repuatation. :confused:
Anyone know why?

x x x x

Nelo Angelo
Jun 8th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Probably because you don't have reputation enabled...

kupoartist
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:07 AM
http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/images/repdemo.jpg
Illustrates where it should be and what it looks like, however judging by the way that my reputation appears with a little green box under it, and yours with a little black box (in your public user profile):
http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/member.php?u=2096 <- yours
http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/member.php?u=123 <- mine
you've either recieved no reputation or negative reputation (which is very weird IMO - take a look at the member list, people who've never posted appear as "green" whilst many of the more active posters appear "black"). I think the system automatically starts you with 10 points or so...

edit: ah, somehow reputation is disabled on "black" accounts (as Nelo Angelo points out - sorry, i wasn't aware of that feature ^^). See if turning it on (under your user cp, go to "Edit Options" and click "show my reputation") make it any difference

Piggle_humsy
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks Kupo, Your so Knowledgeable.
And thanks nelo.
You've both been mighty helpful. :D

I didn't 'enable' it before because the text next to that box said something about making it visible to others in my posts not anything about that enabling it so I thought it was automatically enabled.

Got it sorted now...although it seems no-one cares. :cry:

;)

x x x x